+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Ice Shield

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default Ice Shield

    Why is it so weak? The archon version is about 50% stronger. Also, why does it not SCALE with spell power? It doesn't get ANY benefit at all!

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara Ramea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    802

    Default

    archon version is only stronger if you put points in it (at least 13 in archon)

    GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Tikay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Even with 13 pts in archon, it absorbs only 6%, or 46 dmg more
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tikay View Post
    Even with 13 pts in archon, it absorbs only 6%, or 46 dmg more
    That's not quite right. It adds 6% of your HP as extra, which can actually be quite a lot, depending on your build.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezhem View Post
    That's not quite right. It adds 6% of your HP as extra, which can actually be quite a lot, depending on your build.
    Which if you focus on hp, and builds give more hp this can amount to alot of absorption theoretically its one ability in archon i wish i could afford in every mage spec x3

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    at level 46 my archon build shields me for over 900, my elementalist build shields me for 690...See the difference?

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freak4mma View Post
    at level 46 my archon build shields me for over 900, my elementalist build shields me for 690...See the difference?
    Because the archon is a support class and the elementalist isn't?
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinski View Post
    Because the archon is a support class and the elementalist isn't?
    It's not about SUPPORT...It's about defense. Reading comprehension much?

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freak4mma View Post
    It's not about SUPPORT...It's about defense. Reading comprehension much?
    You can cast Consuming Flames on another player, Ice Shield you can't. Thus the the Archon ability should be better because it's meant for support, not for your own personal self.
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Does it not scale? Hmm... that's an issue. I never understood MMOs that put in non scaling abilities, it makes them worthless as time goes on.

    Does the elementalist armor scale?

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMT View Post
    Does it not scale? Hmm... that's an issue. I never understood MMOs that put in non scaling abilities, it makes them worthless as time goes on.

    Does the elementalist armor scale?
    The armor bonus converts to a percentage reduction, so as long as the armor bonus keeps up with your level, it stays around the same % DR. Being a percentage, it scales with your enemy's damage in a way. Ice Shield and similar flat absorption skills need spellpower scaling to keep up with the enemy's damage creep.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts