+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Archon questions

Default 51 Archon questions

Ok, I've fallen in love with Archon, and have a few question about it.

1. Is it useful in raids as a main-soul, to 51 points? I imagine it's not great in experts, but for raids, it should be better (the rDPS it provides increases with raid members)

2. Is the 51-pointer a 20% cast time reduction, or a 20% hasting effect?

3. Am I wasting my time?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    Ok, I've fallen in love with Archon, and have a few question about it.

1. Is it useful in raids as a main-soul, to 51 points? I imagine it's not great in experts, but for raids, it should be better (the rDPS it provides increases with raid members)

3. Am I wasting my time?
    1. Yes, if you don't have a raid with a 51-point archon you are wasting your time.

2. It's 10% casting/melee slow on the Archon, and 10% casting/melee haste for the raid/group.

3. No.
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

Quote Originally Posted by Pinski View Post

2. It's 10% casting/melee slow on the Archon, and 10% casting/melee haste for the raid/group.
    I was working on my mobile, with no access to the game, so doing it from memory - as with all Archon group buffs the slow was taken for granted.

The question should perhaps be, is it cast time reduction, or cast speed increase? (I.E. would a 10s cast become 9s or 9.09s?)
    Last edited by Dhamp; 04-03-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamp View Post
    I was working on my mobile, with no access to the game, so doing it from memory - as with all Archon group buffs the slow was taken for granted.

The question should perhaps be, is it cast time reduction, or cast speed increase? (I.E. would a 10s cast become 9s or 9.09s?)
    Everything in this game works on the theory that you can have 100% and it makes things instant. So 10s would be 9s.
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

First of all archon alone has a DECENT DPS. Easily over 500 i good gear so thats enough for heavy toolbox class. Try running an EXPERT with this setup: Bard, Cleric healer, Archon, HeavyDPS, Tank. I done this with melee rogue and he got over 1,1k DPS (seriously) while me as archon been maintaining like 490-510'is. Actually archon is good for Experts.

Been explained so i wont.

3. Am I wasting my time?

51 pointer archon is the most underestimated spec in expert dungeons. Its obvious for raids but its good for experts as well.
    Last edited by Necrotic; 04-03-2011 at 02:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread