+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storm Caller Best pvp 50 build ?

Default Storm Caller Best pvp 50 build ?

hi ,
    im looking for a good build with stormcaller.

don't tell me domi/ storm because survability = 0

and please no lvl 20 build , lvl 50 only .

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by MoroccanWhiteAfrican View Post
    hi ,
    im looking for a good build with stormcaller.

don't tell me domi/ storm because survability = 0

and please no lvl 20 build , lvl 50 only .
    sc is really not the best pvp build to focus on. But yes, you can make up for its weaknesses in other trees.

Glass cannon- sc/elem. typical raiding build of 32/34.
    This build works in premades suprising well. mostly due to massive raw damage. Int elements+static discharge is pretty much a garenteed kill. its nearly impossible to even heal through. esp if your in a group, and they are focusing with static discharge as well.
    But you are damage and only damage. you have no silence, stun, def tool to note of. You will depend very much on your melee teammates to keep the other team busy and bunched up for your dps. And a healer to keep you alive for those that do get to you.

sc/lock/am lock has a number of good pvp tools. life leach, instant 2s stun, 50% heal+max hp, big raw damage boosts, 80% damage mit for 7s, fear, 1.5s slow, mortalitly pbaoe+heal, and instant silence.

So you get silence, stun, fear to shut down casters/healers. huge damage mit buff, and several self healing options. and am for breakout.

sc/chloro/am? 32/21/11
    heals on damage. aoe radient spores. (Even nerfed its good) 1 proc is a gamechanger.
    2 instant heals(With high crit chance) (3 with ruin considered a heal) curse/bleed/poison dispell, immune to slow/root buff, combat rez, end buff, living shell damage shield.
    Hmm. actually 11 points after sc/chloro. am I would assume, but lock or dom possible too.

Shadowlander

I would say Warlock is the way to go.

Use Wither when not on CD for your snare, otherwise use Icicle.

Choke is your silence.

Shadow Life, Neddra's Essence, and Icy Vortex are your defensive cooldowns.

Sac Life: Damage, Static Discharge, and Static Flux are your offensive cooldowns.

Electrocute, Flash Freeze, Static Barrier, Wind Chill, and Ride the Wind are your escapes.

Hailstorm --> Lightning Storm --> Lightning Field spam is your rotation for AoE zergs.

Icicle --> Raging Storm or Thunderbolt x3 --> Ice Shear --> Lightning Field is your single target, keeping the three debuffs up.

Use Hailstorm, Lightning Strike, and Arctic Blast as Opportunity procs.

Seems like a solid PvP spec if played correctly.

EDIT: Could also swap around points for the two second stun in Warlock, but honestly I think you have enough buttons as it is, and more damage may be the better option.
    Last edited by Questionable; 04-03-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Shadowlander

Without a stun/daze/confuse the Stormcaller really isn't viable in pvp unless you count hardcasting AoEs or annoying people with knockbacks before they come squish you.

Stormcaller is the Magus of RIFT. It's as gimpy as it is fun to play.

+ Reply to Thread