+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro's in Warfronts - any tactics?

Soulwalker

Default Chloro's in Warfronts - any tactics?

I prefer playing Chloro in warfronts - it feels like I contribute more. I know my strategy in Black Garden - contribute during attacks but the moment we have the fang, synth the carrier and keep healing via Bloom and Flourish and dmg spells on anyone trying to attack. I think Chloro's in this situation are one of, if not the strongest defense.

But I've just started playing Codex and it's obviously a whole lot different. I'm not sure who to put Synth on - I generally try to pick a plate wearer who looks like he's leading the charge. I throw heals around as best as possible, but quite often find myself focussed either by range or melee. With melee I currently have no real escape or avoidance mechanisms. Has anyone come up with a soul mix that helps in this more freeform battleground?

Shadowlander

In Black Garden, chloro makes a lot of sense because your group should be moving around in one giant pack, and there are easily identified people to put synth on.

In Codex, there is no one you can really use synth on. The best you can do is pick a melee warrior/rogue (as those will be in the enemy's face and likely targets), or another healer (since the enemy will want healers dead). For this map, since our healing is somewhat weaker without synth, I tend to just go a DPS spec and burn enemies.

In Whitefall Steppes you have the flag carrier to synth, and your offense should also be in a pack, so you go back to being able to heal properly.

In Port Scion, you can synth relic carriers and backpack them, or tanks tanking the elites. Other than that there is no one the enemy needs to target.

Since Chloro is the only healing soul we have, it's the only way we can heal in PvP or PvE. You can either work around it's limitations, or give up and DPS. There is no spec or setup to get around the single target healing limitation, aside from spending the points to make Bloom and Flourish instant cast.

aux

I just switch to DPS/CC and leave the healing to the clerics. Cooldown on Synthesis, insanely long, easily interrupted cast times on the main healing spells, very limited selection of direct heals, plus the fact that you have to stand in attack range of the enemy makes the class not a good PvP healer. A mage is much more useful as a DPS class.

Switch to Pyromancer and make warriors cry!

Telaran

I've found the thing to do is to just head directly to codex or statue/scope because thats where people tend to congregate. Then target THEIR healer and start spamming your stuff. They tend to go down last so you tend to get the most reliable heals for the longest time.

But honestly? If you want to stay healing, the best thing I can recommend is to get a few people to goto the WFs with you. Even if you pug it on your server and then sign up its better than going in individually. They'll be really happy to get a healer and you'll be able to move together. Just throw a tell in your level channel, you'll be surprised.

When I join solo we only win maybe 50/50, but when our guild throws a group together of 3-5 people, we win 90% and really only lose to other premades.

-Starsong @ Spitescar

Telaran

With the exception of fang/flag carriers, or other situational factors (tanking an elite in port scion etc) I always put Synth on a Cleric healer, or a Bard if no Clerics are healing (has happened a few times). Another mage healer won't do any good since Mages can only be healed by their own LGV if they have it up. I occasionally check the charts and if my synth target isn't doing much, I'll put it on someone who is.

They tend to notice the heals and help you back. Keeps more healers on your team in the game, which usually helps your team.
    Last edited by Cedworth; 04-03-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Codex you wanna stick with your main pack since you do aoe heals and can heal more than just one or two. Throw Synthesis on a cleric or bard that is healing to help keep them alive longer since they will likely be focused. Now here's the thing..... as you level up, you'll notice more pyros and that they will get focused alot. You may want to "pocket heal" one of them by throwing Synthesis on them.

As far as who to target, This is tricky... sometimes you are forced to target the wrong guy, meaning a warrior usually, because he is all over your casters. CC is super broken in this game so unless you see him squirrel'd he may need to be delt with. For the most part I look for healers, dps'ers, and pets. yes pets. Pets take a ton of damage so they will give you a ton of healing. Another thing about the pets, it you can be way out of LOS and still target a pet safely. Obviously this is when you NEED the extra healing.

So remember

DPS order Healer > DPS > Pets (when heals are needed) > warriors when you have to
    Synthesis Cleric > Bard > pocket heal a pyro or dps

Hope that helps.
    Hi, I'm Xenic. I came to blow $hit up

Yup. Synth another healer, unless there's a carrier to heal. If you see a pyromancer blasting away, throw natural conversion on him for lols -- wish that ability had a shorter cooldown, but I've gotten some insane heals off this and its lovely when the pyro wastes a fulminate or cinder on it. (They are also a good target for RS, since they draw a lot of fire.)

Keep your detaunt button in a handy place, as well as the survivability cooldowns from warlock if you've got those.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Yup. Synth another healer, unless there's a carrier to heal. If you see a pyromancer blasting away, throw natural conversion on him for lols -- wish that ability had a shorter cooldown, but I've gotten some insane heals off this and its lovely when the pyro wastes a fulminate or cinder on it. (They are also a good target for RS, since they draw a lot of fire.)

Keep your detaunt button in a handy place, as well as the survivability cooldowns from warlock if you've got those.
    just remember detaunt is a waste if you run warlock armor because of the retributive damage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    just remember detaunt is a waste if you run warlock armor because of the retributive damage.
    I don't think that it breaks detaunt but I could be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by freak4mma View Post
    I don't think that it breaks detaunt but I could be wrong...
    ya it does. least it did when testing in duels pre 1.1

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    ya it does. least it did when testing in duels pre 1.1
    Seemed to be working (despite the armor) in my last WF, unless that warrior was hitting me with a pillow the whole time.
    Last edited by rainyman; 04-03-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Plane Walker

Dunno if this is just me, but I tend to focus my attacks on the enemy getting the most heals. Doesn't matter if I can't burn them down, the longer I can attack them the longer I am healing people around me without having to switch targets. I especially lol when people sic their pet on me and forget it. Makes me feel like I'm providing the group direct heals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I mean, you didn't see Gandalf bunnyhopping through Mordor blasting away with instant cast spells.

Soulwalker

I love chloro as a healer and support dps. I mean, I dot like 4 different people, and everyone gets healed a lot. Add in a few single target spells, and the heals really fly. It's quite fun, healing by doing damage.

Rift Chaser

Once neddra's essence is a 10 second CD Chloro will be balanced.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    Once neddra's essence is a 10 second CD Chloro will be balanced.
    7 seconds still works for me. Just run at least 31 lock and you'll really hard to kill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast