+ Reply to Thread

Thread: skelton agro vs ele pet agro

Rift Disciple

Default skelton agro vs ele pet agro

i was ele and now im necro, and i see that the skelton dont hold agro at all, when the ele pet was holding agro.

do i wrong ?

the ele pet has a skill that FORCES the mobs to attack it. The skeleton just builds threat
    Server:Atrophinius
    Faction: Defiant
    Name: Hizaki
    Level: 50
    Class: Mage
    PVE Soul: Storm caller, Elementalist, Dominator
    PVP Soul: Elementalist, Pyromancer, Chloromancer

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Ya I'm a zombie baby, I can teach you how to zombie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    Teach you, teach you, teach you how to zombie
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Make sure you're keeping Necrosis and Looming Demise up, preferably have those on the mob before your skeleton can land a first hit. Read your pet abilities if you want to know why.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Djini View Post
    Make sure you're keeping Necrosis and Looming Demise up, preferably have those on the mob before your skeleton can land a first hit. Read your pet abilities if you want to know why.

so to start evry combat with necrosis, for keep agro on the skelton ?

Quote Originally Posted by falcor7 View Post
    so to start evry combat with necrosis, for keep agro on the skelton ?
    For the skele tank to taunt the mobs need to have your Debuff on them. Necrosis gives more threat, and looming demise gives more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Only4Hahni View Post
    the ele pet has a skill that FORCES the mobs to attack it. The skeleton just builds threat
    Skele Knight has an AE force taunt. Just drop a Grave Rot first. I solo the broodmothers, etc for dailies, and I never take agro. With necro/chloro it's like a 30sec fight where your pet ends with full hp and so do you.
    Last edited by Deistik; 04-03-2011 at 04:49 AM.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Both pets have an AOE forced taunt.
    Both have a hate increasing attack.
    The elemental has another single taunt where the skelly piles on more damage - which indirectly generates threat.

Personally I found the skeleton to hold aggro more consistently (through damage) while the elemental is more capable of taunting against damage spikes and does not rely on any DoTs / counters on the target to operate.

The necro pet works very well with necro-style DoT damage because then it doesn't HAVE to taunt against spike damage like 1k+ lightning crits.

Which way is better? You decide.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

The main difference between the undead tank and the elem tank is that you must "prepare" your undead tank by using spells he use to fuel his skills at max potential.

So let's say you start a fight, you can go with necrosis, looming demise and when the mob is in place, use a shot of grave rot. Then resume your dotting and own stuff while the pet is ready to do his job.

The routine is similar with the dps pet and at high level he's even able to keep aggro with his dps on normal mobs it is (since you start with dots, he has more time to build hate). When you switch to soul purge and more agressive spells you eventually get aggro back with the zealot but mobs are already history. With the tank you could adjust with some CC and relax to help him take aggro back. It's a ping pong game of some sort at some moment.
    Last edited by Drexlorn; 04-03-2011 at 08:51 AM.

General of Telara

and having some deathly calling make him taunt aoe

Telaran

My rotation is cinderburst countdown flamebolt fireball (cinder w pyro armor n fireball w opportunity) and my knight holds aggro just fine. I dont even do necrosis looming demise graverot. In the rare case i get aggro i soul purge n hes usually dead

+ Reply to Thread