+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Humble newcomer seeks advice

Soulwalker

Default Humble newcomer seeks advice

Hi, i'm a new comer to this game and im looking for some advice.

What third soul melds well with Necromancer and warlock? I was thinking dominator for CC or archon for whatever it is they do heh.

After i hit the level cap i'm looking to do mainly pvp, and I will be rolling on a pvp server. I enjoy a good glass cannon spec as well as a hardy DoTs dpec. I could switch between two idc.

It is to my understanding the best nukes come from a pyromancer but tbh I did the whole mage thing in WoW and I Prefer warlocks. Soooo the optimal advice would be a leet warlock or necromancer pvp build opposed to something that has the majority of its points in a pyromancer or a stormcaller.

See you all in game,
    Maudit

Soulwalker

As long as you like your first two tree's. The third will not be very important while leveling. By the time you are 20 you can easily unlock the rest of the souls to mix it up.

The choices you make in the beginning are by no means permanent.

To actually answer your question, I would go Chloromancer. Radiant Spores is a great skill you get without having to invest points, it will work well with your warlock dots to keep you healed, keeping downtime to a minimum.

Rift Master

archon is a good third soul as you get another instant cast dot without spending any points in the tree. a lock/nec/archon has three instant cast dots to throw around.

nec is great for leveling. you can easily use the dps pet and just destroy things as soon as you get soul purge. Once you are high enough to get the lock aoes then a lock/chloro/nec is also amazing for destroying groups. in the very beginning if you run chloro/lock/nec you can be destroying groups of mobs even at the very beginning levels.

all that said. game is pretty crap atm. i don't expect it to get better. i guess what they have to hope for is that they will get enough people like you into the game. they need a pretty good influx of new people to the game for it to work at this point. many of the people who started with it are leaving. they need people who aren't aware of how they have been running things and are freshly disillusioned with another game.

good luck

Telaran

As far as I understand unless you wanna go with the typical Pyro pvp build the only other build that asbsolutly melts people is a Warlock/Chloromancer build. Warlock has decent dmg and can be kind of tanky, add on top of that the constant stream of healing and heals that a chloro can bring and you get a little mobile ball of fury with severe ADHD.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudit View Post
    Hi, i'm a new comer to this game and im looking for some advice.

What third soul melds well with Necromancer and warlock? I was thinking dominator for CC or archon for whatever it is they do heh.

After i hit the level cap i'm looking to do mainly pvp, and I will be rolling on a pvp server. I enjoy a good glass cannon spec as well as a hardy DoTs dpec. I could switch between two idc.

It is to my understanding the best nukes come from a pyromancer but tbh I did the whole mage thing in WoW and I Prefer warlocks. Soooo the optimal advice would be a leet warlock or necromancer pvp build opposed to something that has the majority of its points in a pyromancer or a stormcaller.

See you all in game,
    Maudit
    Welcome to Rift Maudit,

I would say you're currently on the right path. Since beta and into launch I've gone Necro/Warlock/Dom for leveling, the essence link from Necro keeps you healed which you can further the healing by adding points into Symbiote. With Necro of course comes a pet, great for tanking mob/s for you. I definitely like having Dominator for the CC. Many times an unexpected add may come up from behind or your side, use Transmogrify. A life saver for me many times and an ability you get just by having the Dominator soul, no need to invest points.

Where you take it from there is up to you, I wish you good luck in game and have fun.

Rift Disciple

wait for a good game with good developers this ain't it

Plane Touched

In early PvP, IE, before lvl 30, necro/lock is devastating, you'll get most kills, most killing blows, and top damage very often.

I run with dom as my 3rd soul atm, but with no points in it, it's just for squirrel. Get the 3 dots (Necrosis, Dark Touch, Life leech) and soul purge, dot a target, make sure you have 80 charge, and purge. A lot of stuff dies.

I think you will really enjoy being a mage. My 3rd soul with that combo is actually Archon. You get some really nifty buffing abilities that your group will absolutely love. If you look into PVP, I would recommend getting Dominator.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

+ Reply to Thread