+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf Pyros Now

Shadowlander

Default Nerf Pyros Now

We were in Stillmoor, some Pyro stuns us from atop a pillar. While I'm stunned he hits me with a fireball...

Seriously?

and then I get whacked after I respawn for 2450 by Cinder Burst... What the f---?

Seriously?

Stun, 1 shot..

<Image removed. Please do not post images that contain derogatory language

Bik>
    Last edited by Bik; 04-12-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: removed image

Pyros are fine, you clearly need to learn to play baddie.
    </sarcasm>

lol pvp servers

First of all, your screenshot shows a fulminate, fulminate takes 100 charge to use and it's on a long cooldown so there had to be plenty of spells cast prior to that. Also, you weren't one shot unless you have 3k HP and if that's the case, maybe you should reevaluate your gear.

You got camped. Get over it.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    We were in Stillmoor, some Pyro stuns us from atop a pillar. While I'm stunned he hits me with a fireball...

Seriously?

and then I get whacked after I respawn for 2450 by Cinder Burst... What the f---?

Seriously?

Stun, 1 shot..
    Pyros are stupid right now, I don't think this dev team is that incompetent to let this stay for another week.
    Last edited by Bik; 04-12-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: removed image
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Verodio View Post
    First of all, your screenshot shows a fulminate, fulminate takes 100 charge to use and it's on a long cooldown so there had to be plenty of spells cast prior to that. Also, you weren't one shot unless you have 3k HP and if that's the case, maybe you should reevaluate your gear.

This. But with a slice of cake.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Verodio View Post

1. Look at my hotbar. I am an assassin, do you see ANY bleeds on her? NO

2. Look at my HP again, I am an Assassin. 3852. Add up all the DMG you see her cast at me.

3. Pyros are OP. Fulminate, Fireball, Cinderburst wtf ever. Smacking for over 1k. AoE stun root wtf?

*long* cooldown of 45 seconds, lawl.
    he was oneshot, since you can cast fulminate right after your fireball/firebolt combo, add in a inferno which is off the gcd and it takes no time at all. Hewould not have any sort of time frame to react to that.

Pyros are totally out of balance, incoming nerfbat.

Rift Disciple

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9...0402114028.jpg

it did more damage than my FULL HP

Soulwalker

@Dienkes I'm not saying that's not true, but I am saying that you haven't shown me any proof that you met anything else than a fragile, high-damage mage that was performing properly. She found prey that wouldn't have the time or ability to react, and eliminated the threat before it could reach her. Had you approached her first, would she have survived? You did mention that you were an assassin.

@Solaris Unless you were a tank class or had ridiculous defensive buffs to counteract a pyromancer's nuke, I am not impressed.
    Last edited by Oskeo; 04-02-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Oskeo View Post
    @Dienkes I'm not saying that's not true, but I am saying that you haven't shown me any proof that you met anything else than a fragile, high-damage mage that was performing properly. She found prey that wouldn't have the time or ability to react, and eliminated the threat before it could reach her. Had you approached her first, would she have survived? You did mention that you were an assassin.

@Solaris Unless you were a tank class or had ridiculous defensive buffs to counteract a pyromancer's nuke, I am not impressed.
    First off, he was in a camp in Stillmoor - thus he wasn't a "threat" and it wasn't a defensive maneuver. It was a gank, knowing that there's no way for this assassin to react, which is funny. Trion will nerf - no one class will be able to one-shot another (or kill without reaction) when they get done with balance.

Soulwalker

Yes, it was a gank. If camping is a terrible, terrible thing to you, do not enter areas where you may become flagged. Any other questions?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Oskeo View Post
    Yes, it was a gank. If camping is a terrible, terrible thing to you, do not enter areas where you may become flagged. Any other questions?
    Whoa buddy, I didn't ask a question and I agree that it was a gank - I don't mind ganking. Just don't expect to see Pyro 1-shot much longer (i.e., sab + pyro sitting in a tree...)

Rift Disciple

ITT - We cry about getting ganked on a pvp server, more at 11.

Soulwalker

Really? I mean really? Your level 48 Hes a 50 with probably some good gear. Its a 2 level difference but again hes 50 and probably has points into the Archmage to hit 15% to Players so yea. Coming from a 48 no.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast