#show Plague Bolt
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Withering Vine
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Life Leech
    cast Dark Touch
    cast Plague Bolt
    cast Void Bolt

It casts Radiant Spores once then just casts Withering Vine over and over and never proceeds down the list.

I'm missing something here obviously, is it to do with charge?

thanks

Rift Disciple

Withering vine doesn't have a cooldown, along with several other skills in your macro. Your macro will cast the first spell it can when you run it. So you need to stack abilities with cooldowns, or other conditions in order for the macro not to hang up on one skill.

Viz
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dezyne View Post
    Withering vine doesn't have a cooldown, along with several other skills in your macro. Your macro will cast the first spell it can when you run it. So you need to stack abilities with cooldowns, or other conditions in order for the macro not to hang up on one skill.

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying then that all the zero cd spells should go at the bottom, even though I want them cast first? I've made loads of macros on my warrior, I always place reactives at the beginning of the macro. This behaviour is weird to me.

You can see what I'm trying to achieve, get the HOTS running at the start with the long CDs and then move on the the Void Bolt/Plague Bolt spam.

Rift Disciple

Besides the pyromancer mages don't really have reactive spells. So you have a few different conditions that will prevent a skill from fireing. If a spell is on cooldown your macro will skip it. If you are moving and you use a spell with a cast time your macro will skip it. You only want one spell without a cool down at the end of your macro in most situations. Mages are not that macro friendly. My lock/archon/elem at most has only 3 spells in a single macro.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Just rolled a mage and playing around with it. Trying the following macro:

#show Plague Bolt
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Withering Vine
    cast Vile Spores
    cast Life Leech
    cast Dark Touch
    cast Plague Bolt
    cast Void Bolt

It casts Radiant Spores once then just casts Withering Vine over and over and never proceeds down the list.

I'm missing something here obviously, is it to do with charge?

thanks
    Rofl silly warrior... mages dont run macroes... we arent fortunate enough to macro, and are forced to keep track of 2-3 bars of skills.

Also, some mage spells are just plain BUGGED in macros, such as trying to put Burning Ground and Grave Rot into one macro.

Both are targeted ground AEs with a cooldown so they would be ideally suited for being cast with the same macro.

No matter how many of these you put in a macro, only the last one in the list fires. Ever.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

my necrolock runs a macro just fine as does my chloro

i think its like

pet attack
    wither
    neddra's torture
    lich form
    sacrifice damage
    draining bolt
    neddra's grasp
    death's grasp
    consumption
    dark fury
    void bolt
    neural prod

yep thats all one button... LOL

if ur chasing someone and opportunity procs, it hits them with wither and they almost come to a stop, this is when i soulpurge

my rotation is essence link, necrosis, dark touch, then spam that button. soul purge

i dropped looming demise because i dont think its worth the GCD in pvp, its up in the corner to use on boss fights and **** in pve but thats it.

i know it sounds dumb but i pretty much roll noobs in the warfronts so far, almost always number 1 on kills and damage.

im not staring at buttons cooling down all the time or worrying about cooldowns, if you worry about cooldowns, you wont use them enough. if you worry about when to use lich form, you may only ever pop it once in a bg, i pop it every time its up!! by having them on the spam button i can totally watch the fight around me and know whats going on
    Last edited by Vmaxgamer; 04-03-2011 at 07:13 AM.
    when i first started playing computer MMOs i didnt get picked on because noone knew what it was!

Hmm.
    "pet attack" is something I hadn't considered for tieing into some instant / DoT / Debuff type spell.

This could be useful because it doesn't merely put a target on the pet's to-do list but redirects the pet.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Panduss View Post
    Hmm.
    "pet attack" is something I hadn't considered for tieing into some instant / DoT / Debuff type spell.

This could be useful because it doesn't merely put a target on the pet's to-do list but redirects the pet.
    actually i have it on essence link first, for heals, in pvp i swap targets a lot.

heres going to be ym end build, only lvl 39 atm i think, cant remember

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zkzs.xxohkqVxz
    Last edited by Vmaxgamer; 04-03-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    when i first started playing computer MMOs i didnt get picked on because noone knew what it was!

+ Reply to Thread