+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm Callers

Default Storm Callers

Name a soul that isnt Storm Caller that deals as much AoE DPS as them

If you are unable to do so, I shall make a statement that Storm Callers need a nerf to their AoE DPS

Note the following Argument will be ignored
    -AoE DPS doesnt matter
    -AoE DPS does nothing in PvP, so it doesnt matter
    -Stormcallers are not OP at PvP, so it doesnt matter
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Thumbs down

You fail.. Stormcallers should be #1 AOE dps its what they do. If they aren't then they should be boosted.

Stormcaller doesn't have access to Stun/Daze/Confuse and therefor is doomed to never be able to dps down a single target 1vs1 pvp or decent enough dps in pve..
    AoE dps is all they got.
    This thread fails.
    Last edited by Trisian; 04-02-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldemon View Post
    You fail.. Stormcallers should be #1 AOE dps its what they do. If they aren't then they should be boosted.
    At no point did I say they should not be the highest AoE DPS class

I said, name a class that does anywhere NEAR their AoE DPS

Increase your reading comprehension please
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post

If you want near the same AoE DPS, then I'll give you Inquisitor/Cabalist.

Ok let me help you now before this goes too far. AoE dps in games blows for the most part. It's mindless, mana heavy, and situational. Be thankful its all been packaged nicely into 1 class so the others don't have to suffer with crappy talents.
    Last edited by Trisian; 04-02-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Shadowlander

Name a soul that isnt Storm Caller that deals as much AoE DPS as them
    cabalist+inq

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Ok let me help you now before this goes too far. AoE dps in games blows for the most part. It's mindless, mana heavy, and situational. Be thankful its all been packaged nicely into 1 class so the others don't have to suffer with crappy talents.
    That's all pretty much true. I run/ran an Ele/SC and Ele/Pyro builds and the latter is more productive in solo and dungeon situations since I get good single target DPS and one placeable AOE spell, and a few utility spells to keep myself out of the frier if/when I draw aggro (the KB/snare, one on-damage break root, tank pet, etc). Ele/SC just doesn't pump out the focused DPS even with raging storm to make it viable even in non-raid environments.

Plane Touched

If you are unable to do so, I shall make a statement that Storm Callers need a nerf to their AoE DPS
    So what SHOULD they be good at if not aoe? It's not like they have great single target damage. They can't heal. They certainly can't tank. They don't provide much support other than knockbacks/snares which are more annoying than useful in pve usually. So if you feel that they shouldn't be able to aoe, then what exactly do you see stormcaller being used for?

Shadowlander

You are a child.
    - If you want to be childish, ignore arguments. If you want to be petty, be condescending in your rebuttle ("reading comprehension?" Please...). If you want an honest debate about Stormcallers, get the !@#$ off your high horse, and listen to what people have to say.

First and foremost, how dare you accuse Stormcalller with nothing but conjecture.
    - Where are these numbers? I don't think I've ever topped the charts as a SC. I see tons of warriors, a few pyros, some sabs maybe. But not stormcallers.

You're a warrior, plain and simple. You're convinced that mages were fine before the patch. You're mad at Pyro, and now you're taking your frustration out on Stormcallers as well. Yes, SC does good AoE. You can see that just by looking at their talent tree. But other classes, such as Cabalist, are also build around AoE. Having good AoE DPS when you are built around it is no reason to be nerfed. Stormcallers sacrifice a lot for their niche, which balances them out.

Stormcallers are very, very late bloomers.
    - You only seem to care about endgame PvP, when Stormcallers have all their tools. Honestly... play a SC before 30 or 40? It's very frustrating. Even at 50, I see healers outhealing my AoE all the time. Also, Stormcallers are very group-dependent to keep them alive. If you catch one solo in world pvp OR warfronts (which, again, is what you seem to care about), he's pretty much DOA. All it takes is one or two people to focus fire me before I go down in seconds. Are you going to sit there and tell me that I don't know how to play because of that? No, you are not.

Stormcallers are casters.
    - You leave us alone, sure, we have a good chance to blow you up over time. But all Stormcallers have is AoE... and as Xarael said, AoE is very situational. Get the !@#$ out of the fire. While I'm busy aoe-ing, I'm pretty much rooted to that spot. Come kill me. SCs are more squishy than other mages. We have ONE inherent dmg reduction (1 min cd) with the patch, and NO inherent mana regen, health regen, CC protection, dispel, or cleanse.

As Trisian said, our AoE is very mana intensive. We can't go on forever like warriors can. Also, virtually all of our spells: 1) are channeled; 2) have long cast times (2 sec usually); 3) have cooldowns (10 sec to 2 min); or any combo of the above. What this means is: we are very prone to interrupts, silences, stuns, fears, mana drains and polymorphs. Did I forget anything? Since we can't cleanse curses, poisons, or diseases... that's yet another way to get to us.

Stormcallers have to build up their DPS (single target and aoe).
    - All you care about is AoE... but Stormcallers have horrible single target dps. Even then, we have to stack and build up our single target AND AoE dps. This takes time and preparation. Not only do we need to stack our AoE, we need to keep it stacked, and/or reapply it. We can't macro all of our damage in one button like a warrior can. We don't instantly dish out awesome sauce. Our dps is not as consistent as other classes either.

I'm done for now. I don't blame you if you ignore this post... it is pretty long. Maybe if you developed your reading comprehension, it would sink in a little easier </3
    Last edited by Aqualad; 04-02-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualad View Post
    You are a child.
    - If you want to be childish, ignore arguments. If you want to be petty, be condescending in your rebuttle ("reading comprehension?" Please...). If you want an honest debate about Stormcallers, get the !@#$ off your high horse, and listen to what people have to say.

First and foremost, how dare you accuse Stormcalller with nothing but conjecture.
    - Where are these numbers? I don't think I've ever topped the charts as a SC. I see tons of warriors, a few pyros, some sabs maybe. But not stormcallers.

You're a warrior, plain and simple. You're convinced that mages were fine before the patch. You're mad at Pyro, and now you're taking your frustration out on Stormcallers as well. Yes, SC does good AoE. You can see that just by looking at their talent tree. But other classes, such as Cabalist, are also build around AoE. Having good AoE DPS when you are built around it is no reason to be nerfed. Stormcallers sacrifice a lot for their niche, which balances them out.

Stormcallers are very, very late bloomers.
    - You only seem to care about endgame PvP, when Stormcallers have all their tools. Honestly... play a SC before 30 or 40? It's very frustrating. Even at 50, I see healers outhealing my AoE all the time. Also, Stormcallers are very group-dependent to keep them alive. If you catch one solo in world pvp OR warfronts (which, again, is what you seem to care about), he's pretty much DOA. All it takes is one or two people to focus fire me before I go down in seconds. Are you going to sit there and tell me that I don't know how to play because of that? No, you are not.

Stormcallers are casters.
    - You leave us alone, sure, we have a good chance to blow you up over time. But all Stormcallers have is AoE... and as Xarael said, AoE is very situational. Get the !@#$ out of the fire. While I'm busy aoe-ing, I'm pretty much rooted to that spot. Come kill me. SCs are more squishy than other mages. We have ONE inherent dmg reduction (1 min cd) with the patch, and NO inherent mana regen, health regen, CC protection, dispel, or cleanse.

As Trisian said, our AoE is very mana intensive. We can't go on forever like warriors can. Also, virtually all of our spells: 1) are channeled; 2) have long cast times (2 sec usually); 3) have cooldowns (10 sec to 2 min); or any combo of the above. What this means is: we are very prone to interrupts, silences, stuns, fears, mana drains and polymorphs. Did I forget anything? Since we can't cleanse curses, poisons, or diseases... that's yet another way to get to us.

Stormcallers have to build up their DPS (single target and aoe).
    - All you care about is AoE... but Stormcallers have horrible single target dps. Even then, we have to stack and build up our single target AND AoE dps. This takes time and preparation. Not only do we need to stack our AoE, we need to keep it stacked, and/or reapply it. We can't macro all of our damage in one button like a warrior can. We don't instantly dish out awesome sauce. Our dps is not as consistent as other classes either.

I'm done for now. I don't blame you if you ignore this post... it is pretty long. Maybe if you developed your reading comprehension, it would sink in a little easier </3
    Since you decided to post a reply in this fashion, I shall reply to you

I am a child for clearly stating that PvP is not the only part of the game and ignoring arguments in which they will try to say that PvP is the only part of the game (ironically I play on a PvP server)

Merely because you have no seen SC do 3-4k AoE DPS, does not mean they do not exist.

Its true that mages in general tend to be late bloomers, tho the rest of this point seems to be about PvP, and this thread is about PvE mainly

Again, another PvP issue. However on the issue of mana intensive and cooldowns. I assure you, they are capable of topping the AoE charts every time without fail

While its true their single target dps is probably lacking, Your AoE DPS is very consistently high

and I will accept that Cab/Inq are capable of notoriously high AoE DPS numbers, and stand by my original claim and not make the statement that SC are OP
    Last edited by Talamare; 04-02-2011 at 05:18 PM.

DPS Mathcraft - Armor

Plane Touched

SC's only do 3k+ dps on ten targets if they pop cooldowns. Usually ~2.1k on 10 targets without cd's, less on smaller pulls. (in a group. raids, I have no clue)

Booby trap spam is ~300dps/target for a sab (granted sabs got hit pretty hard, but yeah). inq/cabalist dps is also really high. Really, the only class that lacks the massive aoe dps in at least one soul is warrior.
    Last edited by Juff; 04-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Warriors can (on 3 targets) almost keep up with my SC. Above that and they fall behind. Inq/Cab can almost keep up for pretty much any amount of targets (and have higher aoe burst for 4 targets where Soul Drain is most effective). As mentioned Sab has pretty damn good aoe as well, but is a bit behind imo.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Shadowlander

I will accept that Cab/Inq are capable of notoriously high AoE DPS numbers, and not make the statement that SC are OP.
    Thank you. I apologize if I misinterpreted your opening post, or offended you in any way. Perhaps if you preface your threads with something as blatant as "This is about PvE, not PvP," it would help us all understand you better.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

i switch to stormcaller and now it will be nerfed too! :P every damn soul i enjoy playing gets nerfed.... first VK, then riftblade, then reaver, now stormcaller.

and mana intensive? please... i have never had a problem with mana. i can stay full mana/health while aoeing 10 mobs. being a stormlock helps in that regard. health -> mana, charge -> health. whats the problem again?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast