+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: stormcaller PVP discussion only

Rift Disciple

Default stormcaller PVP discussion only

So....I'm seeing a ton of stormcallers in black garden lately doing massive aoe damage looks like a fun change from pyro and lock/necro bore-fests.

Would appreciate some advice though? I see some doing the 32 warlock 29 sc 5 arch-mage build. you don't get the 31 point ability in SC is that a big deal? is your fight essentially just forking everything 3 times then blowing off the charges for the aoe?

What other viable specs are there form stormcaller for massive aoe damage, and how might they be different?

Thanks

Shadowlander

I use the 32/29/5 spec SC/LOCK/ARCH, and love it. There is definitly a level of squishyness, you can't single handly win the match. It takes a team, poeple healing, others willing to get dirty and get in the melee of things. That being said, I single handly win matches. If allowed to cast without silience, stun, or whatever else harrassment you can and will drop up to 4 people at once. The spec is really OP and once pyro gets nerfed this one willl be next.

I see a good amount of poeple going Dom with this spec, and for good reason, I'm fine with the utility CC I get within the spec. A melee on a healer of dude with fang, Knock them away, channel to hold in place, Ice shear, start spam. OR Keep them held in place there by casting Raging storm right after. Someone running with a Fang or shard, need your team to catch up, Raging storm root to the rescue again. Blowing a few people into other, then Forking them into a Field, GG sir, GG. The Bounce back Aura is underwhelming becuase i t only procs 5 times but is a life saver, same can be said for Shadow Life and Neddra's Essence.

The spec is alot of fun to play, but if thier team has a ******ed amount of healing it sucks, especially becuase most healing clerics don't stay silenced for long (DANG SOUL POINTS!!!).

Channeled spells suck in PVP. Especially underwhelming AE ones.

Rift Disciple

You said a few things confusing:
    "A melee on a healer of dude with fang, Knock them away (with one of variuos spells i guess), channel to hold in place (lost me there), Ice shear, start spam. OR Keep them held in place there by casting Raging storm right after. Someone running with a Fang or shard, need your team to catch up, Raging storm root to the rescue again. Blowing a few people into other, then Forking them into a Field, GG sir, GG. The Bounce back Aura is underwhelming becuase i t only procs 5 times but is a life saver, same can be said for Shadow Life and Neddra's Essence.

1: Ice shear, it says the effect can stack 3 times but it seems to only stack once. So you have to cast SOMETHING at 'a target' to get the first electric field on them right, before an ice shear stack will apply. But it looks like you only need to put on 1 ice shear...and yer doing that just to get the damage bonus right?

so what's a pvp aoe rotation then, (first spell) then ice shear then 3 forked lightnings then 3 lighthing fields rinse repeat? I'm guessing you just start with a 1 second raging storm channel to then shear then the 3/3 comp?

thanks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Straun View Post
    You said a few things confusing:
    "A melee on a healer of dude with fang, Knock them away (with one of variuos spells i guess), channel to hold in place (lost me there), Ice shear, start spam. OR Keep them held in place there by casting Raging storm right after. Someone running with a Fang or shard, need your team to catch up, Raging storm root to the rescue again. Blowing a few people into other, then Forking them into a Field, GG sir, GG. The Bounce back Aura is underwhelming becuase i t only procs 5 times but is a life saver, same can be said for Shadow Life and Neddra's Essence.

1: Ice shear, it says the effect can stack 3 times but it seems to only stack once. So you have to cast SOMETHING at 'a target' to get the first electric field on them right, before an ice shear stack will apply. But it looks like you only need to put on 1 ice shear...and yer doing that just to get the damage bonus right?

so what's a pvp aoe rotation then, (first spell) then ice shear then 3 forked lightnings then 3 lighthing fields rinse repeat? I'm guessing you just start with a 1 second raging storm channel to then shear then the 3/3 comp?

thanks
    He means when you pick up the talent lightning rod. You bump the champ away and use one of your two root+snare effects on the champ and your fang carrier or healer runs away safe for ~6 seconds.

I explain the way that I do stormcaller pvp in this thread.

But I feel pigeonholed into healing with chloro because no one else will get one their healing specs.
    Last edited by Paramnesia; 04-02-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Rift Master

Sc pvp is pretty much about one thing. Putting out a **** ton of aoe dps, while everyone else worries about cc, tanking, distractions, healing and anti-healing.

SilencE? nope dont have one, cc break? nope. healing debuff? nope. stun? nope. instant nukes of any kind worth anything? nope. Ability to cast on the move? nope. Damage mitigation? nope. (not without huge cds or poor mit anyway)

that being said, if you are allowed to cast nonstop, you can put up an absurd amount of damage.
    Litfield/charged field explosions that do 3000+ aoe repeatedly.

Pug and you will just get pushed around by pretty much everyone.
    Get a premade. have a pocket healer. have a rogue/war that will run in and keep them busy while you blow them all the heck.

Rift Disciple

uhhh that says nothing about rotation in fact yer talking about pvping as level 14's and 18s and nonsense and then as chloro and cleric

you clearly posted the wrong link or...lol

so any 50 stormcaller pvpers do you do the 32 warlock as well? what rotaoni do you use? man i find myself being focused 90% of time but if i have any heals at all im just wrecking WRECKING people in black garden

Soulwalker

I have not bother wtih pyro since it will get nerfed.
    My favorite build is SC/Chrolo/Archmage

I take more dmg then Warriors in all my warfronts and i come first.

Just learn how to play and you must be aggressive and know when to sit around and cast.

also, if you ever see a GoS from pyro, get on top of it.

People dont target pyros because they dont want to waste their CCs lol

good disguise and lots of fun.
    when is the next mmo coming out?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sarianne View Post
    SilencE? nope dont have one, cc break? nope. healing debuff? nope. stun? nope. instant nukes of any kind worth anything? nope. Ability to cast on the move? nope. Damage mitigation? nope. (not without huge cds or poor mit anyway).
    so very wrong

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    so very wrong
    uh, yes? Perhaps you are thinking of a soul other then stormcaller. Which has none of those things.

uh, yes? Perhaps you are thinking of a soul other then stormcaller. Which has none of those things.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn7b08Kr5Mg

Edit: Schooled, scrub.
    Last edited by McWaffle; 04-02-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post
    if only all pvp started with mounted warriors that let me stack my debuffs on them in duels in meridan. Having charge bug out and not hit, then not attack again.

and at no point did he silence, stun, anti-heal debuff, or do any of the things I said.
    Last edited by sarianne; 04-02-2011 at 01:07 PM.

if only all pvp started with mounted warriors that let me stack my debuffs on them in duels in meridan.
    Yea my insta freeze that kept her mounted because she couldnt charge.

Too bad I dont have any worthwhile instas.

Last response to you scrub, enjoy thinking you're good and talking a forum game.

Please leave the real PvP talk to those that know how to play, the hardcores.

Rift Disciple

still not seeing much talk from level 50 pvp sc's.

it seems that im metter off not even trying to shear and wasting the gcd. getting targeted so fast in pugs, just 3 fork lightning and 3 lightning fields rinse repeat for max aoe and try to knock back any1 that gets close

using the warlock abils to heal and or reduce incoming dam?

what are your experiences? I saw someone talk about a SC/Chloro build..maybe that'd be better for pug warfronts..though i think you'd lose 20% spell damage from warlock doing that instead of the 32 lock 29 sc 5 am

Quote Originally Posted by Straun View Post
    still not seeing much talk from level 50 pvp sc's.

it seems that im metter off not even trying to shear and wasting the gcd. getting targeted so fast in pugs, just 3 fork lightning and 3 lightning fields rinse repeat for max aoe and try to knock back any1 that gets close

using the warlock abils to heal and or reduce incoming dam?

what are your experiences? I saw someone talk about a SC/Chloro build..maybe that'd be better for pug warfronts..though i think you'd lose 20% spell damage from warlock doing that instead of the 32 lock 29 sc 5 am
    Only need 38 points in it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zys0.E00tbtssdR.Gomz
    Last edited by McWaffle; 04-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Rift Disciple

mcwaffle your quote and subsequnt reply was absolutely mystifying and illogical.

not sure what the 38 etc comment has anything to do with what i asked.

so any1 else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast