+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer Feedback/Requested Changes

Telaran

Default Pyromancer Feedback/Requested Changes

Talents:
    Combust - Please improve the chance that the dot can be applied. Even if I just chain cast Fireball the debuff falls off through RNG.
    Pyromancer Armor - I seem to get a much better proc rate from Opportunity then I do from this armor and yes I am casting all fire spells. Please verify in the code that all fire spells can trigger this. If there is a internal cooldown to the ability then please update the spell tooltip.

Abilities:
    Internalize Charge - Please reduce the rate of which charge is consumed when this is used. It is consumed much faster then Static Flux. I would like to be able to get a few more spells off before my charge hits 0.
    Withering Flames - Please make this ability scale better. Its almost a full bar of charge, and any push back during its cast makes it a total waste. Given the constraints of the ability and the fact that its single target only, this ability really needs a boost.
    Smoldering Power - I noticed this more when leveling then @50 but. Please remove the ability to overwrite this ability with a lower number. For example you have a 100 charge and pop it. You now have a buff with 8 stacks. Hit it again and it gets overwritten with a buff with 2 stacks.
    Cinder Burst - I have noticed a bug with the Pyromancer Armor proc against immune targets. After casting the spell on a immune target the spell remains in the reactive bar but the cooldown is used so you can't cast it again. Make sense that the spell is wasted, would like to see the spell no longer in the reactive bar.
    Countdown - Would like to see Countdown get a slight buff. There needs to be incentive to use this instead of casting another fireball. Its nice for a heavy movement fight but otherwise its pretty situational.
    Fulminate - Would really like to see this brought down to a 30 second cooldown. Lightning Storm and Chastise are 30 seconds. I would like to see 51 point pyro coming close to competing on single target dps as some of the other builds out there.

AOE ability problems:
    I would like to be able to queue up an AOE ability or at least have the ground marking on mouse visible prior my spells being complete.
    Secondly the client seems to be really picky with casting on players. Please look into reworking the targeting code on AOE's as it can sometimes be pretty frustrating.

Thanks for reading my feedback,

Pheona 50 Mage
    Guardian on Freeholme
    Learn to Play

Telaran

Some good points. This one has been a pet peeve of mine:
    Smoldering Power - I noticed this more when leveling then @50 but. Please remove the ability to overwrite this ability with a lower number. For example you have a 100 charge and pop it. You now have a buff with 8 stacks. Hit it again and it gets overwritten with a buff with 2 stacks.
    I hate it when I use half a bar of charge to debuff myself.

Telaran

My first thought is that what it should do is, if you have enough charge for 2 stacks, then it should ADD two stacks. Not set it to 2 stacks.

Although it's slightly tricky, because what about the timeout? If I have 6 stacks that are going to timeout in 10 seconds, and enough charge for 2 stacks, what's the right behavior:
    - add 2 but leave the timer alone, so I have 8 stacks that will timeout in 10 seconds?
    - add 2 and reset the timer to three minutes (or whatever it is) so I have 8 stacks that will timeout in 3 minutes? That would be nice, but seems not totally fair.
    - delete the 6 stacks that are already there and set it to 2 stacks timing out in 3 minutes (what it does now)?
    - refuse to cast the spell at all if it would reduce the stack count (but maybe I really would rather have 6 stacks that will timeout in three minutes, instead of 8 stacks that will timeout 10 seconds from now)

The way I'd do it, but it's probably too complicated, is do it in units of stack-seconds. So if you have 4 stacks timing out in 30 seconds, you have 120 stack-seconds remaining. If I have enough charge to add 3 more stacks, that would count for 3 * 180 seconds (assuming they last 3 minutes) = 540 stack seconds. Add it up and I get 540 + 120 = 660 stack seconds. Divide by 3 minutes and it would give me 660/180 = 3.66 stacks for 3 minutes. You could probably either. round down to 3 stacks for 3 minutes, which in this case means the original 4 stacks didn't do me any good, or round up to 4 stacks, and decrease the time: 660/4 = 165 seconds, so I'd increase my 3 stacks to 4, but they wouldn't last quite as long. That's probably the fairest way, but so complicated I doubt anyone would do it.

+ Reply to Thread