+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1.1 why trion ? why you want me to be a pyro in pvp? (dominator cry)

Thumbs down 1.1 why trion ? why you want me to be a pyro in pvp? (dominator cry)

First of all i like/liked the dominator soul for pvp and i hate the easy mode pyro builds.

i read that in 1.1 mage got a damage buff and i got happy and exited but now i find that as dominator all my spells hit the same or less... and neutral pod our spamble spell hit for like 170-190(before was 240) where the fcking water jet(warden) hits for +300 or other classes spamables hit for alot more. But thats not all stormshacle also got nerfed in dmg and the other domi spells did not recibe a buff... also haunting pain is missing. I am not counting all the dismishing returns in silences or stuns that also we have in pvp.
    And also pre 1.1 you nerfed my loved reflective presence and now not work on AoEs/GTAoES/Dmgshields and spells like soul drain or lighting field.

So has a main domi i have:

mana wrench, nerfed
    neutral pod, nerfed hard
    storm shackle, nerfed
    haunting pain, missing in action
    presences, nerfed and with dismishing returns (silence)
    a lot of our skills and talents are crap like overpower will, iron will or +10%int talent (+4 int for 5 points at lvl 50 with gear...)

And then i see that the only mage soul that didn't need a buff got buffed... i really hate pyros but i can easyly see all the mages being pyros

Sorry for that cry but i really want to be a dominator or other soul in pvp other than pyromancer...

Did i mis understand +10% int? Or do you have 50 int at 50?

Shadowlander

Who uses neutral pod? As for storm shackles: I have not checked before the patch, but today in PvP one cast hit a warrior for 500-600-500 (without any buffs on my side or even the PvP soul, however it was just zerg so don't take this for some real tested number). That seems fair enough to me for such a spell.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Blubby View Post
    Who uses neutral pod?
    It's really only useful to kill someone running away with like a sliver left, or when you just need 1 more spell to finish someone off and everything else is on CD.

Neutral Pod is great for some charge when you have gaps , and breaking fang/objectives. Thunderblast has a travel time as do a lot of instants. Pod pretty much zaps their head right away.

I didn't utilize til recently, but the previous explanation is over simplified.
    Last edited by McWaffle; 03-30-2011 at 01:41 PM.

I'm very disappointed with the changes to the Dominator soul 1.1. You are basically FORCED to play pyro now.

Chloro nerfed...
    Dominator nerfed...

Seems stormcaller damage was toned down, but I haven't done any testing. Just based off of what I see.

Thanks Trion.

Pyros welcome you..We love you. Do not be afraid. You have nothing to Fear. As long as you are a mage you will be part of the family. Embrace the feeling of warmth and security that Pyro offers and enjoy the bliss of GOS........GOS....repeat after me...GOS...
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

General of Telara

I use my neutral pod to get rid of any static electricity from all ma lightnin' bolts.

Also, for everything else but the mana drains, mind pointing out where the nerfs were documented?
    Last edited by Wenry; 03-30-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post
    Did i mis understand +10% int? Or do you have 50 int at 50?
    i messed it up here, yeah i was a little furious when i did the post, as a result of new changes, so my bad on this, "that" talent is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Emprahh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubby View Post
    Who uses neutral pod?
    It's really only useful to kill someone running away with like a sliver left, or when you just need 1 more spell to finish someone off and everything else is on CD.
    This. Neutral pod is one of the few spells in domintar soul that don't have cooldown, so if you spec heavy on dominator neutral pod becomes the spell that you use on the run or betwen cooldowns.

Before the patch, neutral pod did an ok dmg also much lower that the flamespearspam /potw or the water jet. Right now Neutral Pod 0 point skill spamable of the dominator soul does like 50% less dmg than Water 0 point war jet spamable from the warden soul i really don't understant this change... why neutral pod hits for 180 and water jet for 300...

Add all the changes they alrdy did on dominator and other souls and the buffs in pyro and i really feel that if you want to pvp as a mage you only have 1 option... be a pyromancer. And that really sucks
    Last edited by Rhin; 03-30-2011 at 03:16 PM.

I feel your pain Rhin. I'll most likely run with Dom for most solo pvp still, but in group situations seems like Trion wants us to be turrets. Better get used to firelol spam. :S
    If you want to be dominated, just ask! :O

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rhin View Post
    i messed it up here, yeah i was a little furious when i did the post, as a result of new changes, so my bad on this, "that" talent is fine.

This. Neutral pod is one of the few spells in domintar soul that don't have cooldown, so if you spec heavy on dominator neutral pod becomes the spell that you use on the run or betwen cooldowns.

Before the patch, neutral pod did an ok dmg also much lower that the flamespearspam /potw or the water jet. Right now Neutral Pod 0 point skill spamable of the dominator soul does like 50% less dmg than Water 0 point war jet spamable from the warden soul i really don't understant this change... why neutral pod hits for 180 and water jet for 300...

Add all the changes they alrdy did on dominator and other souls and the buffs in pyro and i really feel that if you want to pvp as a mage you only have 1 option... be a pyromancer. And that really sucks
    Don't forget the Warden knockback sends the enemy about twice the distance of Thunder Blast. I just about fell off my chair the first time I used it on my Cleric.

Soulwalker

Neural Prod was complete and utter crap before 1.1, as it seems to have been nerfed somewhat, it's not even more reinforcement that this spell shouldn't be on your bar.

Unfortunately the vastly over-cooldown centric design of Dominator means you need a secondary soul with some kind of decent nuke for you to spam -- this also goes well with the +50% haste after casting squirrel, etc. Chloro works well to provide healing. Fact of the matter is that most of the deep Dominator root abilities are crap anyway so...

Overall, though, I feel Dominator needs some significant fixes -- mana wrench needs its cooldown removed, and the energy drain buffed so you can use it effectively against rogue/warrior dps. It should also generate charge. It would be nice if Transmogrify generated Charge too, but what I'm picturing here is that the focused Dominator should be using Mana Wrench to disable enemies while building up Charge to use their major CC abilities, as well as Transmogrify -- right now there is no other option than nuking with a secondary soul to build Charge, which is really stupid.

Spamming an instant damage spell though doesn't really mesh with the concept of Dominator. They should really just remove Neural Prod.
    Last edited by Sancus; 03-30-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Shadowlander

Lmao, when mages are not crying about getting every other class nerved they are crying because they "are forced" to pvp in the most powerful spec in the game.

Amazing

WTF is this neutral pod everyone is going on about? Perhaps you are referring to Neural Prod, which is basically a synonym for "mind-*****" Wow.

Ascendant

It's ok, SC which was already good became even better. No real reason to play dominator as long as pyro is so popular, because pyro hard counters dom through CC immunity. You are unable to remove one of the biggest threats on the opposing team and its compounded by how many pyros they are running. That is what doms do, force other teams to be on the ball with dispels and remove key DPS players on the opposing team. They cannot with pyros. At least now pyros can't CC lock better than doms with the DR to GoS.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 03-30-2011 at 07:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast