+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defile?

Default Defile?

Corrupts the center of the enemy's very existence, causing 227 Death damage over 16 seconds. Consumes Charge while active.

I'm trying to figure out how this works....since im not at home. Since this is a DoT, does it not run for the full duration if you dont have full charge? Or if you only have half but you still gain charge will it still stay on for 16 sec or the original time\change you casted it with?

Not sure if this even makes any since, but hopefully someone reads what im screaming!
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Soulwalker

Well if you run out of charge the dot will disappear but the charge upkeep is really low and you can gain charge while you have it up on a target.

So if i only have say 20 charge, but i cast it anyways. It will apply for 16 sec? But only last for as long as i have charge to suffice?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabull View Post
    So if i only have say 20 charge, but i cast it anyways. It will apply for 16 sec? But only last for as long as i have charge to suffice?
    Every time it does damage, it costs charge. You can still gain charge at a normal rate while it is cast. Thus if you have 20 charge when you start, as long as you keep increasing your charge at the same rate or more than the cost of Defile(it's relatively low, I think it's 4-charge every 2s) then you will have it up on the mob the entire duration.
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Dissolution on Nektulos for EverQuest II
    Calaglin, Former Illusionist/Guild Leader of Confirmed on Unrest for EverQuest II

Telaran

Don't stand in Defile, it grows rapidly and you'll Wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinski View Post
    Every time it does damage, it costs charge. You can still gain charge at a normal rate while it is cast. Thus if you have 20 charge when you start, as long as you keep increasing your charge at the same rate or more than the cost of Defile(it's relatively low, I think it's 4-charge every 2s) then you will have it up on the mob the entire duration.
    Thanks, i vote that you make tool tips!

+ Reply to Thread