+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling build for levels 13-50

Default Leveling build for levels 13-50

Hey,

can anyone suggest a good leveling build for a mage calling from level 13 to 50? Is it best to use different soul combos at different soul lvls etc?

Pls give your suggestions.

Cheers!
    Bloodiron EU PvP - Defiant
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Shadowlander

Most people do necro/lock. I prefer ele/archon

Quote Originally Posted by Burgers View Post
    I read somewhere that the pet from elementalist tree is better for tanking than the Skeletal Stalwart from Necro tree?

Might try out ele/archon too
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Soulwalker

I'm a level 20 necro/lock (20/6) and I'd like to test elem/archon. Could you link me the build you'd use at 20 ?

Thanks.

Shadowlander

to start I would go with 11 archon for leeching flames. Rest into ele.

Shadowlander

Posting from my phone so I cant post builds. Sorry

Builds would be nice, yes.

Also is it easier / faster to do quests and lvl by killing NPC's as a single target, or is there a build for AoE leveling which would be easier / faster?
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Deityness View Post
    Builds would be nice, yes.

Also is it easier / faster to do quests and lvl by killing NPC's as a single target, or is there a build for AoE leveling which would be easier / faster?
    I would say single target. some would argue. However aoe is generally less mana mana efficient. And there is more risk involved

to start I would go with 11 archon for leeching flames. Rest into ele.
    I have tested this now a bit and don't see the reason to pick up leeching flames because you already get a mana regen skill from elemental tree which regenerates your mana for charge

Still looking for a good leveling build
    Franklynot
    Northern Vanguard

Shadowlander

I have tested this now a bit and don't see the reason to pick up leeching flames because you already get a mana regen skill from elemental tree which regenerates your mana for charge

Still looking for a good leveling build
    The damage on leeching flames is awesome stacked with searing vit. And ignite. I usually blow my charge on the buff that adds ele dmg to each spell. Leeching flames keeps me bove 90% mana at all times. And continues giving you mana for the full durationC even if the target die. With this build you will want to do an icy carpace /rystaline missiles or pillaging stone combo whenever it is up

Shadowlander

also the points in archon are hardly wasted. Improves vitality buff and pillaging stone buff. Which are both easy to keep up while soloing. Also fire dmg will help both your dots.

Rift Disciple

Hey,

can anyone suggest a good leveling build for a mage calling from level 13 to 50? Is it best to use different soul combos at different soul lvls etc?

Pls give your suggestions.

Cheers!
    I will suggest some, but first I'm going to say that leveling a mage is more work than a warrior or cleric. I know because I've been leveling all 3. HOWEVER, soul purge helps a lot and you're going to love feign death. Also, make sure to buy your updated spells!

Level 16:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvw_.x.Eocz0z

This is what I would aim for first. I know most people suggest using void bolt, but I'd stick to plague bolt. The important part here, though, is soul purge. It consumes charge, does great damage, and heals you AND your pet.

Level 22:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvwR.xb.Eoczmzk

Same as first one, basically. (Forgot to set 3rd soul to chloro in first one for radiant spores. I like radiant spores because it's basically a pet attack/debuff in the same spell and it DOESN'T aggro the mob despite the fact that it sends your pet after them.) At level 22 you have your best necro pet (zealot), soul purge and feign death for those oh %$#@ moments.

Level 43:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ohzVVx.ExczVzk

You flesh out the necro tree some more and then start climbing the warlock tree. There's something good for necros at every level of that tree.

If you look at the pet's abilities you're going to want to keep necrosis and looming demise up on the pet's target (big dps boost for pet). I also try to keep up radiant spores (though it may not be worth it when it gets nerfed) and dark touch. Then I plague bolt to full charge (I also plague bolt whenever opportunity procs) and soul purge. After it's dead I life tap my pet to fill up my mana bar and use any remaining charge to heal pet to full with.... whatever the necro heal pet spell is. So just a few spells at the end of a fight and you're ready to move on to the next battle.

I've read that a lot of players love to level with warlock/chloro and you might want to try that... though I think the upcoming radiant spores nerf may hit that particular spec harder than most.

Happy gaming...
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

+ Reply to Thread