+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Extensive 1.1 DPS Testing

Shadowlander

Default Extensive 1.1 DPS Testing

So I figured I'd share what I've learned from the alpha server about whats coming our way in 1.1. All builds were tested alone, with buffs available to each spec.

Builds Tested:

Necrolock (link)
    51 Archon (link)
    Pyro/Ele (link)
    SC/Ele (link)
    Chloro/Archon (link)

Results

Necrolock - DPS / Breakdown - 889 sustained. No burst

51 Archon - DPS / Breakdown - 795.8 sustained. Burst over 900.

Pyro/Ele - DPS / Breakdown - 899 sustained. Burst over 1500.

SC/Ele - DPS / Breakdown - 929 sustained. Burst over 1500.

Chloro/Archon - DPS / Breakdown - 550 sustained. No burst.

Observations:

Necrolock did not have 7% magic damage debuff, so its damage is under represented. Probably highest single target spec with raid buffs. However necrolock aoe is weaker than anything with stormcaller, and necrolock brings NOTHING to the raid.

SC/Ele is a mana hog, it is however an aoe beast. You can sustain about ~3 mins before you have to start channeling elements and dps will drop into below 900. Brings raid wide SP buff, which is overwritten by bard buffs.

Another note about SC/Ele. Static Discharge scales amazingly well in a group, especially one with pets (in a raid make sure to be in a specially made 5 pet group), that alone would easily push SC/Ele ahead of everything else.

Conclusion

If you're the only dps mage, go 51 Archon. All the group buffs provided far outweigh the ~100 dps increase from another spec. If there is already a 51 Archon, go necrolock for single target and sc/ele for anything with adds. In a raid setting SC/Ele may outpace necrolock single target as well.
    Last edited by Quru; 03-30-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Champion

Wondering if your particularilly masochistic enough if you want to try this build out. :P
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kogbk.VdIuR0zz

Mostly curious, I'd do it myself but my net sucks enough that theres no way I can download the alpha stuffs.

So you say x dps with no burst...does that mean that if you blow all your pet cooldowns that is not considered burst dps and is sustainable? Or does that mean you forgot you had pet cool downs to burn for burst damage?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    So you say x dps with no burst...does that mean that if you blow all your pet cooldowns that is not considered burst dps and is sustainable? Or does that mean you forgot you had pet cool downs to burn for burst damage?
    Look at the dps timeline for necrolock compared to pyro/ele or sc/ele. Necrolock has dps cooldowns but they are not nearly as dramatic as others. If you're raid needs a burst spec, necrolock isnt it.

Sword of Telara

Nice testing there. Could you share your stats please (spellpower, crit, focus)? Thanks

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    Wondering if your particularilly masochistic enough if you want to try this build out. :P
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...kogbk.VdIuR0zz

Mostly curious, I'd do it myself but my net sucks enough that theres no way I can download the alpha stuffs.
    What kind of rotation would that run? Im not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    Nice testing there. Could you share your stats please (spellpower, crit, focus)? Thanks
    SP- 950
    Crit - 612 (23.2%)
    Focus - 221
    Last edited by Quru; 03-30-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Champion

That necrolock build isn't what people are using is it? Seems to have a load of wasted points on adding more spells to the rotation that don't give more dps than a simple + charge and soul purge would produce.

Very similar to what I'm running, but without draining bolt, neddra's torture, etc. Happy to be told I'm wrong
    Last edited by woopedazz; 03-30-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by woopedazz View Post
    That necrolock build isn't what people are using is it? Seems to have a load of wasted points on adding more spells to the rotation that don't give more dps than a simple + charge and soul purge would produce.

Very similar to what I'm running, but without draining bolt, neddra's torture, etc.
    Draining Bolt hits harder than VB. Torture is a dps increase in 1.1, especially in a raid. Grasp and Radiate death are there because this build wants to be viable in instances, not just against target dummies. Losing those to get more charge is hardly necessary, as you are only limited by charge during Empty the Crpyts.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Quru View Post
    What kind of rotation would that run? Im not seeing it.
    Well the hardest part with testing it is, you'd basically want to open with storm shackle, and if it were a mob, it would trigger the dmg 3 times.

You would then simply mix it up between Ruin-Viles spores, Haunting, transference, splits personality, deaths edict. stream of reclemation, and natures touch.

Its mostly a reaction-based class (aka probably has more use in PvP than in PvE, that is until Trion actually gives Dom some usefullness in PvE), versus a straight up dps class.

However with most of the skills having 30s cooldowns, and aside from keeping dots up, your pretty much spamming vile/ruin/NT, and popping split persoanlity, deaths edict, transference, and storm shackle everytime you get a chance, Nederas torture for increased DMG obviously, and Entropic Viel. and keeping your mana pool up with sac-life:mana

Debuffs like accelerated decay wouldn't really need to be used at all as its not realy going to help 'your' dps that much, and probably doesn't cut mob dps on you down to much either.

If it were possible to get straw-men to Occasionally attack you with spells, I would say, put Reflective Pressence into use to gain that to your own dmg/healing. (IF the mob casts a nature spell at you, and you have lifegiving viel up, that damage is marked as your own, and will heal you/party to.)

Plus I figured DOM wasn't really represented, and the only real synergy it has is with Storm-caller and thats with 2 spells Dom has. (If you try it out, which I doubt you will, won't hurt to show the HPS to.)
    Last edited by SinisterDeath; 03-30-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Champion

Draining Bolt hits harder than VB. Torture is a dps increase in 1.1, especially in a raid. Grasp and Radiate death are there because this build wants to be viable in instances, not just against target dummies. Losing those to get more charge is hardly necessary, as you are only limited by charge during Empty the Crpyts.
    I get DB does more dps than VB, but you should regen enough charge by spamming your dots I would've thought to simply SP over VB anyway (except for the odd opportunity). If it really hits that much harder than good enough for me. Your comment about being limited by charge I think is a bit off, because SP should be limiting your charge as it does more dps than void bolt over every other test I've seen (void bolt doing 17% of your damage may have dragged your dps down a tad).

I really like that you've done these tests, the results look promising and the effort is superb.

Rift Disciple

Your builds seem very wrong to me. Your stormcaller build is off.. it seems you've specced in to elementalist to try and do some single target dps with stormcaller using lightning strike and such. With multiple roles available, you can completely focus a stormcaller build on aoe and do MUCH more aoe dps than the one you linked. Heres the one I recommend http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...x.V0tx0xcsbo.V

The rotation for this is based on getting hypothermia on the mob, then 3 stacks of electricity, then blowing them up with field. For hypothermia: Arctic blast > hailstorm > flash freeze; For electrocute: Lighting storm> forked lightning. Also use forked lightning on all opportunity procs.

Single target.. Sorry but I don't agree with this whole "Go deep necro for the pet then spam void bolt" idea. EVERY point in necro is utterly wasted, except the 5% death damage in the first tier.. just to get that pet. Elementalists pet is actually stronger.. heres the build I reccomend (Untested on ptr.)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...xoAzz.xx0V0VVx

I realize people are using void bolt for the high coeffecient, but crystaline missles more than makes up for it with its 50% pet buff, and lightning strike is just a ridiculous attack with an almost 100% crit rate. I sit at 75% crit without any raid or int buffs on it.
    Last edited by Electros; 03-30-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post
    Your builds seem very wrong to me. Your stormcaller build is off.. it seems you've specced in to elementalist to try and do some single target dps with stormcaller using lightning strike and such. With multiple roles available, you can completely focus a stormcaller build on aoe and do MUCH more aoe dps than the one you linked. Heres the one I recommend http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...x.V0tx0xcsbo.V

The rotation for this is based on getting hypothermia on the mob, then 3 stacks of electricity, then blowing them up with field. For hypothermia: Arctic blast > hailstorm > flash freeze; For electrocute: Lighting storm> forked lightning. Also use forked lightning on all opportunity procs.

Single target.. Sorry but I don't agree with this whole "Go deep necro for the pet then spam void bolt" idea. EVERY point in necro is utterly wasted, except the 5% death damage in the first tier.. just to get that pet. Elementalists pet is actually stronger.. heres the build I reccomend (Untested on ptr.)

I realize people are using void bolt for the high coeffecient, but crystaline missles more than makes up for it with its 50% pet buff, and lightning strike is just a ridiculous attack with an almost 100% crit rate. I sit at 75% crit without any raid or int buffs on it.
    Both of those builds look terrible to me. You missed Static Discharge by 1 point. O_o

I've tried the SC/warlock build (except I didnt miss SC's biggest burst ability). And it doesn't perform as well. Sure it might be slightly better suited for aoe, but its single target ability is garbage. SC/Ele aoe's more than well enough while still being a contender for top single targetl.

That Warlock/Ele build looks like a joke.
    Last edited by Quru; 03-30-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Rift Disciple

Both of those builds look terrible to me. You missed Static Discharge by 1 point. O_o
    You won't be going stormcaller in a raid environment its for trash plowing in experts which static discharge is mediocre for.

but its single target ability is garbage.
    Congratulations!!! You just figured out the weak point of a stormcaller build; Luckily we have 4 roles eh?

SC/Ele aoe's more than well enough while still being a contender for top single targetl.
    Again, 4 roles. Why are you trying to hybridize a jack of all trades when you can make both a single target and an aoe build.
    That Warlock/Ele build looks like a joke.
    Says the guy who specifically went down the elemental tree to get lightning strike and 30% crit damage for single target dps.
    Last edited by Electros; 03-30-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post

Can you put the rotation for this build please?

Shadowlander

I like the Fight going on, I think it is mildly constructive. I'm personally a huge opponent of the Elementallist Build. I look at SC/Lock and see it as too much synergy to lose out on and amazing buff stacking. I look at the Elemental tree and see alot of stuff that gives nothing.

Anyhow, do you have the single target Parce break down for SC/Lock? In my tests on live I'm comming to find that Lightning Strike performs barely better than an Arctic Blast without a damage buff. Also Static Flux can be kept up close to 50% of the time utilizing the lock build and a carefull eye. I just turned 50 and I can power out 2k crits on Lightning Strike and Arctic blast on Live, 1800 was the high point with Icicle if I got double procs.

I'm also not a huge fan of Lightning Storm builds for Stormcallers. I haven't bother with Static discharge yet either, but understand the great spike in overall damage it can generate Especially with debuffing.

Sadly I'm far too R*T*rded to get parce to work in any capacity, otherwise I'd gladly run the gauntlet on my under geared toon to compair data. But I do believe that SC/Lock can compete directly with SC/Ele and suit a marginally different playstyle.

On another note, I believe Voidbolt spam (while maintaining debuffs) and utilizing empty the crypts is far more DPS than Soul Purge, especially if Crypts are ussed off an Opp proc? I don't understand why people are hating on the "best" stand alone nuke in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast