+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling with a cleric

Soulwalker

Default Leveling with a cleric

Question for the mages. Wife and I picked up the game and she's settled in on a cleric as she always leans towards the healing roles.

I've been trying out a few callings and I think I might go with the mage and I'm curious what souls would be a good combination for leveling? We're both level 16. Should I go with a necro/lock for a pet, or would some type of AOE build be a better option? We're pretty much always going to be duo'ing, so solo play isn't really a concern.

Thanks in advance.

Sword of Telara

It's not a bad setup. I'll be up frank though, it wont be as good as a cleric/war combo.

My buddy plays a mage and we duo quite a bit from lvl 10 to 35ish. Full heal spec, we could kill any elite mob we've come across, even a few ?? elites in rifts, with me spam healing his pet while he nukes.

In group pulls, either I go justi and tank groups while he aoe's them down, justi + chloro keep me at 100% or close to it, or I go inq and blow them up while he assists.

PVE its not bad at all.
    PVP is a different story. A cleric can not keep a mage up through a warrior's burst, especially if titan stuns you both. Prepare yourself for a lot of WTF moments when you get to contested areas

Rift Disciple

run whid necro soul and use dps pet and switch to tank pet for elites and have lock/domin for suport souls
    sould work nicely whid very few down times

+ Reply to Thread