+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE leveling spec.

Default AOE leveling spec.

I'm looking for an AOE leveling spec, i know nothing about the mages in Rift.

I've seen a video with a stormcaller with a pet doing a good job of AOE'ing many mobs at once but don't know anymore than that.
    Many thanks in advance.

Necro/Warlock.
    {SWG}

Quote Originally Posted by VipeR8 View Post
    I'm looking for an AOE leveling spec, i know nothing about the mages in Rift.

I've seen a video with a stormcaller with a pet doing a good job of AOE'ing many mobs at once but don't know anymore than that.
    Many thanks in advance.
    I think it this spec not 100% sure.

Rift Chaser

i think after 1.1 and the nerf to radiant spores, the aoe spec is gonna have to be lock/chloro...less proc's from RS so you're going to have to go to mortality from time to time...

I love my chloro/lock.

This guy explained it pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by NdranC View Post
    i can just pull mobs with life leach (sometimes i skip this dot completely) and just use Radiant Spores once the Devouring Shadows 3-4 times. Thats usually 5 GCD to kill 4-7 mobs at once. If i over pull or get bad Radiant Spores procs i have Mortality and/or Shadow Life and/or Neddra's Essence. Solo kills are a little slow, but why would i ever want to kill something solo when i can just pulll 5 mobs around that guy and get 5 times the exp for the same time? And to top that off, i usually end 80% health and 80% mana. Takes some smart Reconstruct and/or Sacrifice Health: Mana to top me off in 4 secs.
    The only part I'd disagree with is pulling with life leach, it's way too slow cast and the HP you get back from it won't make a diff.
    Better to pull with an instant cast dot.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zannah View Post
    I love my chloro/lock.

The only part I'd disagree with is pulling with life leach, it's way too slow cast and the HP you get back from it won't make a diff.
    well, it's slow cast when considering pushback...still, can toss in it for your first couple pulls before you start getting hit if you wanted...but yea, the bread and butter of this build is the aoe proc'ing RS...

Telaran

Rift doesn't want players to trivialize content. If you successfully find a build were you solo 10+ mobs and/or elites with no down time don't cry when it gets hit with the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannah View Post
    I love my chloro/lock.

chlorlock

pull with dots and aoe with mortality and devouring shadows, use bloom/flourish/shadowlife/NEssence if you need to

+ Reply to Thread