+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archon auras.

Champion

Default Archon auras.

Right I have 2 issues with archon's auras.

The first one is that the auras don't last long enough, 5 minutes really isn't enough. I'm healing too, keeping up with my buffs and the tank's healing is enough, I don't want to keep putting my auras up every 5 minutes, they should work like Living Energy, or at least an hour.

Also, archon has a talent that increases damage and healing for every aura up, now most abilities with other classes overwrite these. These are debuffing my armour and endurance which don't really matter to me, I'd rather have the 8% more healing and damage, the auras should still effect me if they're overwritten by other abilities.

That is all.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Untouch View Post
    Right I have 2 issues with archon's auras.

The first one is that the auras don't last long enough, 5 minutes really isn't enough. I'm healing too, keeping up with my buffs and the tank's healing is enough, I don't want to keep putting my auras up every 5 minutes, they should work like Living Energy, or at least an hour.

Also, archon has a talent that increases damage and healing for every aura up, now most abilities with other classes overwrite these. These are debuffing my armour and endurance which don't really matter to me, I'd rather have the 8% more healing and damage, the auras should still effect me if they're overwritten by other abilities.

That is all.
    You should try being a bard and having to strum/twist 5-6 spells every 30 seconds! It's almost like by the time you are finished, it is time to start the cycle over. I actually made a macro on my keyboard for it, but it almost feels like all I do is strum those things over and over and over instead of actually damaging or healing.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Saboth View Post
    You should try being a bard and having to strum/twist 5-6 spells every 30 seconds! It's almost like by the time you are finished, it is time to start the cycle over. I actually made a macro on my keyboard for it, but it almost feels like all I do is strum those things over and over and over instead of actually damaging or healing.
    Are you serious Bard is a joke in this game. Its so inactive. All you do is spam cadence and spam motifs. You have plenty of time to do both. Bard needs more abilities to keep it busier right now all you do is put up 5 motifs. That leaves 23-24 seconds for cadence and heal/debuff finisher spam. Then just spam motifs again.

Bard is terrible they dont have enough to do right now I feel like falling asleep when I play it.

Arrow

I haven't played a full archon build yet, but I do incorporate their endurance and armor aura. Seems like the endur aura is the best for me atm as haven't found that it can't be over written. It just stacks with hour long endur buffs. Now if the armor buffs of archon were able to stack with bards not sure how it would affect balance, but that is how it should be. Usually just ask the bard if they have another one they could run(usually the ability cost one).

Trion needs to improve the way the support classes' synergies when they are present together.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZilla View Post
    Are you serious Bard is a joke in this game. Its so inactive. All you do is spam cadence and spam motifs. You have plenty of time to do both. Bard needs more abilities to keep it busier right now all you do is put up 5 motifs. That leaves 23-24 seconds for cadence and heal/debuff finisher spam. Then just spam motifs again.

Bard is terrible they dont have enough to do right now I feel like falling asleep when I play it.
    The problem is more exactly in that the bard buffs are passively good. You always want to have all of them. There is nothing situational about them. If there were, it would not feel so monotonous playing a bard. Cadence-- step out of fire -- finisher -- buff -- buff -- step out of fire -- cadence..

Short duration buffs should be POWERFUL with a COOLDOWN attached. Ridiculous buffs (+5% this or that) should last for a long *** time. It's NOT fun or even funny to keep spamming +5% buffs every 5 minutes let alone 30 seconds.

A certain another game I'm sure everyone has heard of started with a certain class having 5 minute single target buffs. Now, a few years later, the class has raidwide 1 hour buffs instead. I wonder why that is ?

Rift Disciple

Personally I think pairing archon with chloro is mistake anyway - it's just too much to manage. I can just about see the attraction on 5-man's but even then you'd just be an off-healer on certain bosses and if two healers are required you're probably better off going chloro/lock. On raids you'll already have a dedicated chloro so you'll be a 51 archon, which is better paired with either lock or maybe split pyro/ele (personally I prefer lock).

5 minute buffs are a pain but aren't the main issue, the main issue is what stacks and what overwrites - is there a good list anywhere? I've found some posts that reference specific overwrites but not a convenient list. This applies to debuffs as well - to me the Archon should be mostly debuffing and a bard mostly buffing. However at least two of my debuffs get overwritten (possibly not both by a bard) so why exactly if I'm 51 point archon and supposedly the debuff class are two of my debuffs able to be overwritten? Either it's a bug and a weaker debuff is overwriting mine or the archon debuff is weaker and needs to be buffed.

Another annoyance is the aggro and GCD on buffs. Remove the GCD from the auras, they're just a PITA Anfd the only time I've ever managed to pull aggro from a tank is by casting an aura during a pull (OK not smart and you soon learn but it's unnecessary and annoying). This can also be a pain during a long boss fight with adds and you need to rebuff during the fight, I often get adds racing for me Aura casts should be little or no aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooba View Post
    Personally I think pairing archon with chloro is mistake anyway - it's just too much to manage. I can just about see the attraction on 5-man's but even then you'd just be an off-healer on certain bosses and if two healers are required you're probably better off going chloro/lock.
    No. It isn't that bad to manage and doesn't make you an offhealer. It has around the same or higher numbers depending on who you ask but buffs the party more while doing it (and gives you a couple of extra little tricks like mass dispel and a shield). The only thing that really stinks is if you wipe, especially on a boss, that your buffs go away, but you can duel a player if you want and quickly get them back. I will agree with you that being split Archon in a raiding environment not being optimal though.

5 minute buffs are a pain but aren't the main issue, the main issue is what stacks and what overwrites - is there a good list anywhere? I've found some posts that reference specific overwrites but not a convenient list. This applies to debuffs as well - to me the Archon should be mostly debuffing and a bard mostly buffing. However at least two of my debuffs get overwritten (possibly not both by a bard) so why exactly if I'm 51 point archon and supposedly the debuff class are two of my debuffs able to be overwritten? Either it's a bug and a weaker debuff is overwriting mine or the archon debuff is weaker and needs to be buffed.
    I did a little testing with a Bard and this was my results. Besides those buffs the only other thing I have noticed replacing one of my auras is a Dexterity buff from someone that does more than mine. That list is obviously only looking at Archon with a Bard so isn't super beneficial but it is a start--I only tested it for 5 mans because I run half Chloro/Archon and bring a Bard as my support class.

I would *LOVE* a complete list of every buff/debuff in the game that affect the same categories (don't stack). With people raiding now there has to be one somewhere, right? I can't imagine every raiding guild isn't min-maxing.

+ Reply to Thread