Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloro as main healer ??

Rift Disciple

Default Chloro as main healer ??

So ive main healed quite a few dungeon runs as chloro with no problem at all. Even did it in horrible groups where the tank couldnt hold aggro and stuff like that.

So I hit level 50 join an expert group as healer and promptly get kicked for being a chloro because I cant main heal.

How stupid are these people? or is it me?

In my experience as playing off heal with sc/chloro. I do a better job as main healer than almost all of the clerics ive seen.
    Last edited by AestheticsBrah; 03-27-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Soulwalker

Interesting, I'v never had a chloro main heal before so i dont know how good your heals are, but i could see why you'd get kicked for it. Clerics are supposed to be the main heal class trion developed it that way. So alot of people dont see a chloro as a class that was meant to be a main healer. That being said i have a friend who had a chloro main heal his group on expert t-2 who said that the chloro's where as a good as a clerics.

But back to my main point trion developed cleric's to be the main healer's for the game. Thats why clerics have 3 tree build just for main heals. While a Chloro AKA mage's only have a support tree for helping heal. In the end chloro arnt meant for MH so alot of people will kick you for trying to be MH.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
    Interesting, I'v never had a chloro main heal before so i dont know how good your heals are, but i could see why you'd get kicked for it. Clerics are supposed to be the main heal class trion developed it that way. So alot of people dont see a chloro as a class that was meant to be a main healer. That being said i have a friend who had a chloro main heal his group on expert t-2 who said that the chloro's where as a good as a clerics.

But back to my main point trion developed cleric's to be the main healer's for the game. Thats why clerics have 3 tree build just for main heals. While a Chloro AKA mage's only have a support tree for helping heal. In the end chloro arnt meant for MH so alot of people will kick you for trying to be MH.
    If you put 51 points into chloro (100% healing tree) then I dont see how you are missing much. You can also get opportunity from warlock which IME helps out immensely with getting big heals instantly. Then pick up some group buffs from archon. Seems to work pretty well for me....

Shadowlander

I've main healed every t1 expert so far and our group even tried eAP and I got us though to the second boss and then didn't have the heals and dps to kill the second boss, but a cholro can main heal any t1 dungeon. I prefer to have some off heals for some bosses, but most bosses you can just burn mobs/bosses down and keep up the tank and the group just fine. I've even kept up cleric tanks before with no problems. I don't have any experience with t2s yet as I'm still gearing up, but when i did eAP I was in all blues for normal cc/ap. You can main heal but some people would prefer a cleric, but you can still make things easier on them by off healing during a boss and i really enjoy main healing or off healing as it is more exciting to me than dps atm for a mage. Tbh I think i've only dps'ed one expert since turning 50 like 5-6 days ago. However, you don't really need 51 points in the tree to be effective. I'd go like 32 or so and then go warlock and get the 20% damage increase, free mana, and 10% instant cast and you're set to main heal pretty much. Archon is also pretty nice too for searing vitality but you could also go deeper into the warlock tree but it's really up to you.
    Last edited by BigD225; 03-27-2011 at 02:09 PM.

firstly, as a chloro i've mainhealed T1 and T2 dungeons, although you always need a bard or cleric to offheal some

second, there isnt any reason to go more than 32 points into chloro as the 44 and 51 point skills are just sucky

chloro/warlock - 32/30 - more suited to main healing as you will ONLY be casting heals

chloro/archon 32/31 - better for offhealing as you will need to maintain buffs and debuffs on the mobs that will lessen your HPS

Soulwalker

What i'd like to see is how a cleric main healer and chloro main healer would would stack up on HPS. It would be nice to see another class being able to MH. But if trion does that they need to increase cleirc dps because atm there at the bottom of latter.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticsBrah View Post
    If you put 51 points into chloro (100% healing tree) then I dont see how you are missing much. You can also get opportunity from warlock which IME helps out immensely with getting big heals instantly. Then pick up some group buffs from archon. Seems to work pretty well for me....
    51 points would probably make you heal worse than a typical chloro build, generally 36 points in chloro is the most you want to go, you can get away with as little as 26 and still be able to main heal as well. I've tried both 44 and 51 points into the tree and I don't think that either skills are enough of a gain to justify the loss of passive benefits from your subspec soul tree.

To answer OP's question: Yes, chloromancers are fine as main healers, infact I would promote chloro/bard>Chloro/cleric healing any day. Once you attain a fairly decent gear level a chloro can soloheal any of the 5 man content when playing properly.

In terms of spec, i would suggest 32 chloro 34 archon for a 5 man, the buffs stack with bards, and are rather low maintenance after the first few pulls. It takes a bit of getting used to though, if youre a new chloro you may want to start with the warlock build as it requires a lot less upkeep.

For a more indepth explanation feel free to read & comment on my guide. The link is in my signature, I'm also looking for more input so if you feel that I've missed anything be sure to let me know!

One last comment:
    Clerics are supposed to be the main heal class trion developed it that way.
    While you may think this way, after having personally talked to a dev I can assure you that while they think that chloromancers were far more powerful than they intended but they never designed clerics to be the only class capable of healing dungeons/raids.
    Last edited by Gumdrawp; 03-27-2011 at 02:19 PM.

I've main healed every single expert, and solo healed most of t1 and some of t2 content. Chloros are more than fine at healing and indeed are in some respects the best healers in the game.

There's some ignorant folks stuck in the mentality that mage = dps, but that doesn't apply in this game. In fact our dps souls are very second rate compared to chloro and archon, at least prior to patch 1.1.

What i'd like to see is how a cleric main healer and chloro main healer would would stack up on HPS. It would be nice to see another class being able to MH. But if trion does that they need to increase cleirc dps because atm there at the bottom of latter.
    I heal our MT in raids, and I've healed T2s with and without clerics. In AE heavy fights, obviously Chloro comes out on top; in fights where just the tank is taking damage, it's close, but I'm still usually higher. Our single target heals on our Synthesis target are insane.
    Chloromancer
    5/5 GS | 4/4 RoS | 4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 10/11 HK
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

The team I run with puts out about 1k HPS with a cleric/chloro mix. This will vary according to the fight, of course, and how add heavy it is. We are full t1 + some t2 level gear. All experts cleared.

Chloro generally will account for two thirds or three quarters of this output, with the percentage once again increasing in add heavy fights.

The one really nice thing that clerics bring to the table imo: aoe cleansing. That's the one tool I miss badly as a chloro.

Ascendant

Interesting, I'v never had a chloro main heal before so i dont know how good your heals are, but i could see why you'd get kicked for it. Clerics are supposed to be the main heal class trion developed it that way.
    mmm... sory I must have missed that - where its written, in the EULA?
    chloro is an healer soul, exactly like the cleric ones.
    actually scrub clerics whined that chloro's heal are too good so much that they got it nerfed in 1.1
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Chloro heals were a little bit too good. The nerfs were justified. RS scaled up too well. Even post nerf I seriously doubt that clerics can match chloro HPS in a raid environment. And our healing on synthed targets is extremely powerful. Furthermore, mana is a total non issue for chloromancers, as opposed to clerics.

Cleric grumbling over the present state of affairs is understandable.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    firstly, as a chloro i've mainhealed T1 and T2 dungeons, although you always need a bard or cleric to offheal some

second, there isnt any reason to go more than 32 points into chloro as the 44 and 51 point skills are just sucky

chloro/warlock - 32/30 - more suited to main healing as you will ONLY be casting heals

chloro/archon 32/31 - better for offhealing as you will need to maintain buffs and debuffs on the mobs that will lessen your HPS

Tyvm for the info, Im very glad to be a mage now, Glad to see healing can be well efficient as us Mages.

Shadowlander

Ive mainhealed every T1 dungeon.

I feel that Cleric healers are inferior to Chloro heals, atleast when it's talking about Single target heals.

What is the most dangerous time with a Chloro as a healer is the start of the fight when your rotation haven't come into play.

Basically what Gumdrop said. Chloros mainheal just fine and your party was ignorant. Are you sure they didn't remove you because they just wanted a Cleric for another reason (loot distribution)?

As to the tons of blatantly wrong information in the thread: Either go nearly split on Chloro/Lock or Chloro/Archon, either work just fine, but Archon requires more management and brings more buffs to your 5 man. Chloro/Archon is not an offhealer (51 Archon/15 Chloro would be but only when paired with a Cleric).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast