+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 3 soul Roles I like the most so far

Shadowlander

Default The 3 soul Roles I like the most so far

Mage-Tank(PvE) http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...oR.xxoizVq0k.M (Not really a tank but it allows me to fight mobs of 3 and 4 levels higher or 2-3 mobs of + 2 or Many = or +1 level mobs "Tank" being relative term to within the mage class. Use +Armor & Stat boosts from Archon Soul Buffed up you'll have a large health pool and decent armor for a buffer Fear+Wither will also be a detour for the mobs attacking you)

Stormlock(PvE) http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...h.V0xtbtccbo.V (Basic AoE with instant cast Elements from Warlock. for when you just have to throw large amounts of Wide Area Damage down range yesterday Usable only when melee firmly has the attention of all mobs)

Firelock(PvE)http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zvIz.xx.eftIuusuts.V (Concentrated single target damage, Instant cast Cinder Burst/Fireball Critically hitting with a respectable frequency Currently getting 1400 Cinder burst 730 Fireball on avg crit. Good Gear will improve these numbers substantially Works off of Combining heatwave/Lock 10% instant cast chance/And Pyromancers Armor.)

Don't have a 4th Role yet, Mulling it over still.. But that is what is working for me currently

Telaran

I like the first one, it's a small change on a pretty standard setup, but let me just point out 3 quick things:

In warlock, move one point from Neddra's Torture to Neddra's Influence. Here's the short version: Torture adds 3% damage (lol) over 20seconds (shortest magical debuff I know of, exposure in Ele Summoner is 30sec). So, you get 3% dmg for 20 seconds, with a small DD at the end, oh wait, it also costs you 1 second to cast.
    Now, compare that to what one point gets you in Neddra's Influence: 5% raw DoT damage, plus an extra 6.4% (going from .4 to .6 with 32 points spent). Comes out to 11.4% extra DoT damage. Now, that has 0 effect on your nukes, unlike Torture, but the point is that it takes 0 resources (time/GCD/mana) to cast the bonus from Neddra's Influence, and it applies to all your DoTs, including the DoT of Ruin and Vile-Spores with talented Nature's Corrosion.

The next change is to take 1 point out of Draining Bolt, and put it in Neddra's Grasp. You can already heal yourself plenty effectively, the dmg from Draining Bolt isn't that great, and Neddra's Grasp is affected by Radiate Death, giving you more AoE punch when you hit that. Personal preference, but if you're pulling packs anyways, I'd say you get more out of it this way.

Final Change: Do you use this build solo or in groups? I'm curious because you put 2 points in Soul Tether, which serves no purpose for soloing, and none in Natural Fusion which makes your synthesis less effective (though pointless if you don't have a pet or a friend tanking.) I can't suggest what to do there without knowing how you play, but I can say take all 5 in Accelerated Growth and put them in Natural Awareness, as long as you can hit a nature spell every 6-8 seconds it will give you a huge boost in output, and affects all your Warlock stuff too.

Hope this helps, I realize I'm pulling you towards the "Cookie-Cutter" setup, but I think you will notice an improvement.

Soulwalker

I'm using a level 14 version of the first build. Archon looks useful as a third soul, but until you've got a lot of points to fill out the other two trees do you think necro or elementalist is the best way to go?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by oellph View Post
    I'm using a level 14 version of the first build. Archon looks useful as a third soul, but until you've got a lot of points to fill out the other two trees do you think necro or elementalist is the best way to go?
    Are you looking for a zero-point soul for a pet, or are you actually looking to spend points into the soul before you re-spec? For 0 point, I'd say elementalist, you get the tank pet which performs fine with no points in the soul as long as you dont open with nukes.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by stock View Post
    Are you looking for a zero-point soul for a pet, or are you actually looking to spend points into the soul before you re-spec? For 0 point, I'd say elementalist, you get the tank pet which performs fine with no points in the soul as long as you dont open with nukes.
    Probably zero point. I tried more in Necro but the damage wasn't there. I've just swapped to elementalist and the pet does hold aggro better. I was wondering at what level the OPs 'mage/tank' build became viable and I could swap out the pet for archon. Pets are ok but I prefer to be without them.

+ Reply to Thread