+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro Healers?

Default Chloro Healers?

Ok so I am interested in playing a raid healing role and was wondering if Chloro was the way to go? I know they are getting nerfed soon, but that doesn't concern me.

I played a Shaman in WoW and always enjoyed the support/raid healing style that they offered and was wondering if that is what Chloros are taken for?

I guess my other option would be Bard? Or can Cleric souls support a raid type healer too? I don't particulary enjoy main tank healing so I would rather not play a class that is going to get pigeon holed into that role.

Thanks for any comments/input you guys have.

Chloros are excellent healers if you know how to play them :P Heck I have seen some better Chloro healers then Clerics..
    The nerf really doesnt concern me anyways.. I never rely on Radiant Spores to heal in the first place, it jsut helps.

Also, Bards are good for support healing, but cant main heal. No single target direct heals.
    Clerics being the "Main" healing class are easly capable at healing Raids and what not, but for support only and not main healing. Well I suppose you can but I dont think most people do that.
    Chloromancers and/or Bards are gonig to be your main "Support" healer Roles, but Chloros can main heal if needed.
    Last edited by Tyicus; 03-26-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tyicus View Post
    Chloros are excellent healers if you know how to play them :P Heck I have seen some better Chloro healers then Clerics..
    The nerf really doesnt concern me anyways.. I never rely on Radiant Spores to heal in the first place, it jsut helps.
    Ehhh it majorly effects you for raids...

The Nerf not only affected Radiant spores it also made it so that your Lifegiving Veil only heals 5 people (instead of everyone in the raid like before) so your only raid heals will be Withering Vine (heals 10 people around the target) and Bloom (heals 10 people)

So to answer the OP if you want to be a raid healer no Chloro isnt going to be good at it and I am pretty sure raids dont want to waste 4 spots on 4 chloro's .. one for each group.

Its the conundrum that mages are in currently that for some reason Trion doesnt realize.

Mages arent the best DPS for raids
    Mages dont have a tank soul to tank for raids
    Mages arent going to be raid healers after the patch
    The Raid can have ONE Archon in it to be the buff buddy for raid.. any other Mages let into the raid are just there basicly because people feel sorry for them.

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll at least give Chloro a try, seems to be the most interesting and unique of all the healing souls at least. I tend to stray a bit from the norm anyway.

Telaran

Default well...

Quote Originally Posted by Miilk View Post
    Ok so I am interested in playing a raid healing role and was wondering if Chloro was the way to go? I know they are getting nerfed soon, but that doesn't concern me.

I played a Shaman in WoW and always enjoyed the support/raid healing style that they offered and was wondering if that is what Chloros are taken for?

I guess my other option would be Bard? Or can Cleric souls support a raid type healer too? I don't particulary enjoy main tank healing so I would rather not play a class that is going to get pigeon holed into that role.

Thanks for any comments/input you guys have.
    Ok basically and after today's experience leads me to believe cholor is one of THE best healers least in 5 mans. Here is break down, cholor's are not you " sit back and twiddle your thumbs" healers, we do not wait till hp bars drop to heal! further i have to saw cholor has some of THE BEST aoe healing i have seen further when coupled with warlock's life tap a cholor seems to be able to go on and on and on and on!

Chloro's heal by doing damage, and means you feel like a dps class while healing, further more i feel like i'm doing PRETTY good damage on top of my great healing! thats not to say, i do as much damage as say my SC spec but its respectable amount heck i go about leveling in cholor spec i mean why not? decent damage amazing survivability(probably second to cholor/necro and elementalist/cholor i magine are above us but puts us at 3rd yea?). While i really would like to add archon into my build for the buffs and such its hard to justify losing life tap and 20% bonus damage.

Over all if you want to healer is busy, active and very much a part of the combat chloro is the healer for you! it honestly made me play a healer over my SC, while i do go dps as SC moment healer wants to bail i jump in and cover and often do to my infinite mana i can outlast bosses that otherwise would drop us and the aoe healing lets me heal things might put other healers off of a fight! plus MOST of healing is passive meaning i don't have to pick and choose targets unless some one takes a massive spike of damage or my rotation gets messed up.

now i'm just leveling still, maybe it gets harder but so far i am loving my pew pew healer mage!

Rift Disciple

In 5 man dungeons they are awesome.. Chloro/Lock is great. I often do 2nd most dmg and 2nd most heals with it...

The OP however asked about as a raid healer

Rift Disciple

Chloro wil have a very coveted spot in most raids.

Thier aoe heal, even after nerf will remain smart targetted. You will not need one in every group, One can and will heal people raid wide. The aoe has merely been toned down. (A lot, but it is still going to potentially heal raid wide)

But, if the chloro nukes got a boost, much as it seems to indicat in the 1.1 notes, they will actually be even better at thier best function already. Healing a tank.

You know, like the main tank. The guy who eats the brunt of the bosses' attacks. You're REAL good at keeping him alive.

Raid teams who haven't realized this yet are gimping themselves a little. Which is fine. Clerics can also heal a MT. Just, not quite and consitently and reliably...and indeffinently, like Chloro.

Thanks alot for all the replies guys. Was the sort of info I was looking for. So it seems after patch Chloros will be strong tank healers, which is fine I guess. Was just kinda hoping they were more of a support class.

It's a strong healing soul both in 5 mans and raids, and arguably our best soul overall. Don't be scared by the upcoming nerfs. They will be offset by stronger heals thanks to increases in base spell damage. Withering vines is also getting some love, which helps make up for the radiant spores nerf, which, frankly, was justified. It was scaling up far too well with large numbers of people.

Chloro is in a very good place.

Also, if you want to play more of support role, it's possible to put together a 51/15 archon/chloro build which does some nice offhealing while bringing into play all the goodies that archon offers. More of a raid build than a 5 man build, but I've used it in some of the easier t2 fights. Once you outgear t1, you can even solo heal much of that content with this build.

Yeah that's not actualy a bad idea and sounds fun. Might give that a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    Also, if you want to play more of support role, it's possible to put together a 51/15 archon/chloro build which does some nice offhealing while bringing into play all the goodies that archon offers. More of a raid build than a 5 man build, but I've used it in some of the easier t2 fights. Once you outgear t1, you can even solo heal much of that content with this build.
    I agree with this. It sounds to me like you might be looking for something more like a Bard or a 51 Archon with some healing capability. The only problem with going 51/15 Archon/Chloro is that you can never group with a Chloro because you bring a significant portion of what they would have. In fact, you nearly have everything in this build that a Chloro has when they first start healing dungeons. As a Bard you would be coveted by every group but there are already a ton of Bards/Rogues out there so you would have high loot competition.

Another option is splitting as a Chloro/Archon, which is actually what I play. You can bring a lot of group buffs while still being a mainhealer in a 5 man but I am not certain a Chloro/Archon would be good to play in a raid, 20 man at least, because 51 Archons are going to be doing your job but better.

I guess my advice boils down to roll a Mage. You won't be able to be a real healer on a Bard so if you wanted to heal dungeons while leveling you couldn't. You also have a few ways you can go once you roll Mage because you could go Chloro/Archon and be a mainheal as well as support through buffs, you could go 51 Archon/15 Chloro and be support with nice healing capabilities, or if you decide you want to continue to be a healer in a raiding environment you can become Chloro/Warlock.

+ Reply to Thread