+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newb Chloro questions

Soulwalker anngibsonlord@msn.com's Avatar

Default Newb Chloro questions

Sorry for the newbie questions here but there are a few things I've been wondering. I've played a chloro to 29 and I was wondering why withering vines isn't used (or so i've read from forums). Will this spell be used after the 1.1? Why exactly wasn't it used before? And does it gain the benefits of Call of Spring? I don't yet have a parser so I haven't been able to figure this out for myself.

Thank you to anyone who replies.

Prophet of Telara

Withering Vines wasn't used much before by main healers in PvM, because in the vast majority of situations, using the same casting time for casting a Vile Spores (or better life nuke) gave more healing - both to the tank and even to the group.

The one situation when main healing in PvM, where WV did work out better is when your tank doesn't need healing, but several group members within 7m range of the mob needed healing at the same time - and those outside the 7m range did not need healing. I was one of the people who did fairly detailed and extensive testing on it, so I can personally confirm this.

It's a fairly specifically situational use of it, so most main healing PvM chloros don't really use it.

On the other hand, there are some other situations where it can be of use. Some PvP chloros swear by it. Some chloros aiming at scoring high on the contribution metre at rifts swear by it (relatively fast and delivers lots of actions on group members).

I've been pretty ill this last week and haven't really kept on top of the changes to WV, though I know broady what they are. I couldn't comment on them in any detail though.

X

Soulwalker anngibsonlord@msn.com's Avatar

Thank you for the reply. That's similar to how I was using it before. Thanks for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread