+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Once I get home from work I will be trying this out

Default Once I get home from work I will be trying this out

Was just looking around and figured... well since I'm completely worthless and all spec's do the same damage. why not?

Now I always run as chloro (I run as main healer)because I feel like I need to be helpful to my friends and myself but I did pick up the Archon tree and played the 51/10/5 ar/wl/necro spec just to have a little bit more benefit to my friends and have some actual DPS.

I'm getting tired of chloro so I was playing around with spec's in zam and stumbled across this while just randomly pressing the buttons in.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...xc0Izhcuxo.V0x

once I get home from work (8 EST) I'll tell you how it goes. Looks good so far to me.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Soulwalker

put those 5 points from Archon into Warlock armor.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Drakel View Post
    Never go anything less than 51 archon.

Wait dark armor? the one that will return 17 dmg to the T1 mob that one shots you? And you want to give up BP for this?

Can i have what your smoking please?
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 03-26-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    Never go anything less than 51 archon.

Wait dark armor? the one that will return 17 dmg to the T1 mob that one shots you? And you want to give up BP for this?

Can i have what your smoking please?
    He meant into the talent tree.

5 points into Dark Armor is 10% flat across the board damage.

Learn to read, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakel View Post
    He obviously plans on using pyromancer armor, so what point is there in investing in warlock armor?
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rebalance View Post
    He meant into the talent tree.

5 points into Dark Armor is 10% flat across the board damage.

Learn to read, bro.
    He will be using pyro armor so those 5 points are useless "Bro".

Build is ok, will still be ~100 dps lower than lock/necro. With 1 point in leeching flames you'll never go under 99% mana though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnon View Post
    He will be using pyro armor so those 5 points are useless "Bro".

Build is ok, will still be ~100 dps lower than lock/necro. With 1 point in leeching flames you'll never go under 99% mana though.
    Exactly, but leeching flames isn't worth it. You crit often with pyro and your ground generates a lot of mana that it''s a wasted point. I'm figuring I'd get the increased int buff first then start dps rotations. Warlock armor is uselless with the pyro armors up. Lock is definitely for the passives and you get some nice crits with draining bolt. I ran a spec similar to this at launch and I was never under 80m after a long fight. Only problem is you're anchored to your ground spell. I'm expecting some good synergy and nice mana generation while being able to dps. I'll be throwing up the SP bolt after the pillaging stone stacks. I'm going to be selfish, no buffs for my group, eff em. I'm a straight dps, we run with a BM he has the buffs they need. I assume after the patch this might be better than it will be currently.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

I got home... pulling circa 500 DPS on a dummy self buffed. Not bad, I definitely like it. No life leech, only using dark touch for the dot. putting up nederra's toture after pillaging stone x 5 and always putting up countdown when it's up, using my opportunity on cinderburst, very nice DPS considering it's not been buffed yet. I will definitely be specing this for 1.1
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

pushing 600 now
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

Soulwalker

Leeching flames might be worth it just for the damage. You already have +20% damage to fire spells while in your ground, plus +30% to dots. And leeching flames scales very nicely with gear seeing as it benefits from SP and increased Max Mana.

But really the question is if Leeching Flames would make up for the lose of 2% damage to all spells, because that is the only point you could give up, that or Heat Wave, but I am sure that isn't going to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomFrog View Post
    Leeching flames might be worth it just for the damage. You already have +20% damage to fire spells while in your ground, plus +30% to dots. And leeching flames scales very nicely with gear seeing as it benefits from SP and increased Max Mana.

But really the question is if Leeching Flames would make up for the lose of 2% damage to all spells, because that is the only point you could give up, that or Heat Wave, but I am sure that isn't going to be worth it.
    heat wave will always be worth it... to say that a 3 min cd ability that reduces your gcd by .5 seconds and cast time by 50% is just ludicrous. Pop it at the beginning of a fight... if the fight lasts longer than 3 minutes, yes im referring to t1+t2 dungeons, than there's a problem.
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

i have to say I enjoy this spec a lot, I pulled MAX 648 dps on a tank and spank (no aoe) (dragon boss in E:CC). I'm not even bothering to put up the warlock dots now, I crit VERY often and I'm always at 90-100m throughout all my fights. This spec works out great! pillaging stone>nederra's torture>countdown>flamebolt>fireball>draining bolt

- use opportunity on cinder burst before pyro armor proc's! (if both are up, use on a fireball)
    - Use Heat Wave at the beginning of a fight (or if the fight is simple, use on a stage where you need to burn the boss down quickly i.e. last boss in RoTF)
    - Always start out with sacrifice life: damage into internalize charge, there's nothing like having a boss in your damage for a good 30 seconds of your fights.

enjoy, have fun, tell me how you feel about the spec. Later guys!
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

bump

/10char
    Taika
    50 Mage
    <Dominance>

+ Reply to Thread