+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How did your mage look when moving into T2s?

Default How did your mage look when moving into T2s?

Long story short: Our group tried to do T2s for the first time, and it didn't go very well. It wasn't impossible, it was just stressful for the healers as DPS was a tad low, heals were a tad low, and the tank was being hit a tad hard.

Just curious on what you had when you started your T2s.

I am the DPS mage in the groupd, and I do chloro when needed.

Right now my Spell Power sits at 720 being Chloro. Spell crit sits at 454. My focus is 127.

I feel like I'm not doing enough DPS. I know my Spell Power is a bit low, but that's gonna change once I get off my *** and decide to go get some decent essences. Also, I'm gonna get a bit of a bonus there when I finish the epic outfitter hood, which has more int than mine currently does.

Just wanted to know what you had when you started your T2s, if you remember.

When I started running T2s I was at

796 SP
    641 SC
    121 Focus
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

Telaran

Tbh as long as you have 100 focus, you should be fine. I had only 4-5 epics total when starting the easier T2's (IE RD/DD, then moving into AP/CC).

Your DPS will be low as a Mage in comparison to a rogue or warrior in equal (or even lesser) gear. However, you are still incredibly useful as a Chloro and they aren't "that" gear reliant. We initially ran Cleric/Chloro/Bard on the harder bosses for safety - yes, some fights took 10 minutes, but at least we downed them in practically 80% blue items.

The most important thing is a proper build.
    Do your research, spec your character properly - IMHO your role build is FAR more important than your gear.

If you are the DPS mage in the group, you should notice that trash is generally the majority of instance time spent. Invest in a GOOD AoE DPS build, even if it does subpar single-target DPS. Stormcaller is the top without competition, but a Necrolock or even Ele/Pyro can pull decent numbers as well as doing decent single-target DPS.

If you can spare the roles, have an AoE DPS role, a Single-target DPS role, and a Chloro role. Your 4th role you can reserve for PvP, or testing other builds.

While gearing up i found i was Chloro almost 80%+ of the time. More recently with better gear, our Cleric no longer needs an offheal for trash, so i go Stormcaller to simply clear trash MUCH MUCH quicker, then swap back to Chloro for bosses.

Finally, don't "feel like you aren't doing enough DPS"
    Get a parser, and be sure. You might be doing good, you might be doing bad, but you won't know without a parser and only an assumption

Quote Originally Posted by KooperT View Post
    Invest in a GOOD AoE DPS build, even if it does subpar single-target DPS. Stormcaller is the top without competition

If you can spare the roles, have an AoE DPS role, a Single-target DPS role, and a Chloro role. Your 4th role you can reserve for PvP, or testing other builds.
    Pretty much this is what I do. So much so, that my roles are in that precise order, AoE DPS, single target DPS, chloro, pvp.

i go Stormcaller to simply clear trash MUCH MUCH quicker, then swap back to Chloro for bosses.
    This is what I do on T1s, and for most bosses I swap to single target DPS.

Finally, don't "feel like you aren't doing enough DPS"
    Get a parser, and be sure. You might be doing good, you might be doing bad, but you won't know without a parser and only an assumption
    I don't want to have to play in windowed mode, so I'm just waiting until they finally cave in and add a DPS meter (here's hoping)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mormoran View Post
    I don't want to have to play in windowed mode, so I'm just waiting until they finally cave in and add a DPS meter (here's hoping)
    Windowed Fullscreen works well for me. Sure, there's a bit of FPS loss, but nothing mindboggling.

+ Reply to Thread