+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stormcaller

Soulwalker

Default Stormcaller

I've been rolling Pyro/Element/Archon till lv20, but I'm interested how does Stormcaller DPS compare to Pyro DPS concerning PvE? Which one is better atm?

Soulwalker

bump
    Markonyyyy - Guardian - Warrior/Tank - Lv19
    Markony - Defiant - Mage/DPS - Lv21

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Markonyy20 View Post
    I've been rolling Pyro/Element/Archon till lv20, but I'm interested how does Stormcaller DPS compare to Pyro DPS concerning PvE? Which one is better atm?
    Stormcaller AOE is pretty good for PvE (only PVE!!!).

Stormcaller single target DPS is trash. I'll put it this way...their standard nuke, 1.5 second cast, does less damage than most (all?) instant mage spells from every soul, with the exception of cloudburst which is even more terrible, however in the alpha 1.1 patch cloudburst is at least as good as the terrible standard 1.5 second cast nuke.

Either way, it's terrible.

Soulwalker

so is pyro better?

Thats complete ********, A good Stormcaller Mage with a decent group can seriously carry an entire team in pvp. You will see ALOT more lv 50 Stormcallers in WF.

Soulwalker

im only interested for pve so how do they compare there?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Halibel View Post
    Thats complete ********, A good Stormcaller Mage with a decent group can seriously carry an entire team in pvp. You will see ALOT more lv 50 Stormcallers in WF.
    lol

Stormcaller is just a buffbot every 2 minutes.

I'm always top or in the top 3 for total damage in warfronts using stormcaller, but I don't kill anything because of all the AOE heals. Rogues and warriors with even half my total damage get at least double my kills.

Rift Disciple

so is pyro better?
    Pyro is about to become the new champion, post 1.1.

Stormcaller doesn't even compare. Might as pick elementalist if you don't pick pyro for PvP.

As for PvE....AOE grinding with stormcaller isn't bad. Pyro is still better, except in some dungeons/raids.

Soulwalker

so should i rly have 1 pyro role and 1 stormcaller role, pyro for pvp/pyro specific dungeons and stormcaller for aoe dungeons?

Rift Disciple

so should i rly have 1 pyro role and 1 stormcaller role, pyro for pvp/pyro specific dungeons and stormcaller for aoe dungeons?
    Nope, DPS mages aren't good enough for dungeons because Trion hasn't balanced them yet.

The only way you can get into good groups as a mage is to be either Chloro/Archon or Archon/Chloro, maybe with some dominator sprinkled in.

Soulwalker

well im in a guild right now, and we go through the mobs like butter every dungeon i do, so im quite confident i can dps as a pyro (for now), since i always have a rogue backing me up.. ill see tho, ill make an archon role just when i need to find a pug group

Shadowlander

PVP Stormcaller/warlock is alot of fun, while not the stronger, the AE is pretty amazing when you go for the Lightning God Build. Spam Forked Lightning up to 3 stacks, buff damage to the single target person with that icelance thing, then spam the instant cast spark for more damage than your F***ing Nukes while running away! Also a move to stave off melee every 2 min for up to 5 bounces, and a crappy channeled snare.

For PVE, it is my spec, there is a good amount of AE that goes on, spam forked bolt, then electrolize for adequet damage. Sadly for the boss fights or just 1 mob it falls victim to just not dishing out the damage. The single target nuke really needs a buffing, it does less than forked lightning, BUT does cost less mana. I'd be ok with a 2 sec cast on it and a higher damage coeffecient or something, it is just terrible now, barely worth using.

The spec isn't anything super exciting or special, there isn't a super complex rotation to use for PVE, you basically spam 2-4 spells, ensure some buffs/debuffs stay up and jump around alot. I haven't bothered with Pyro too much so I can't compair. Thus far though, single target damage off CD blowing, I've found Necro/Warlock sustains amazingly for any fight you can use the rogue.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grevilavec View Post
    PVP Stormcaller/warlock is alot of fun, while not the stronger, the AE is pretty amazing when you go for the Lightning God Build. Spam Forked Lightning up to 3 stacks, buff damage to the single target person with that icelance thing, then spam the instant cast spark for more damage than your F***ing Nukes while running away! Also a move to stave off melee every 2 min for up to 5 bounces, and a crappy channeled snare.

For PVE, it is my spec, there is a good amount of AE that goes on, spam forked bolt, then electrolize for adequet damage. Sadly for the boss fights or just 1 mob it falls victim to just not dishing out the damage. The single target nuke really needs a buffing, it does less than forked lightning, BUT does cost less mana. I'd be ok with a 2 sec cast on it and a higher damage coeffecient or something, it is just terrible now, barely worth using.

The spec isn't anything super exciting or special, there isn't a super complex rotation to use for PVE, you basically spam 2-4 spells, ensure some buffs/debuffs stay up and jump around alot. I haven't bothered with Pyro too much so I can't compair. Thus far though, single target damage off CD blowing, I've found Necro/Warlock sustains amazingly for any fight you can use the rogue.
    well ty for the info

I did the pyro thing at first as well, then I tried out stormcaller. Liked stormcaller a lot more. And did a lot more damage with it. It does good single target damage as well providing you pay attention to the class mechanics and have a good rotation.

why doesnt anyone use the synergy between stormcaller and elementalist (its like.. the only thing good about elementalist sadly)?

Lightning strike has an estimated coefficient of 45% which is the highest spell coefficient in any tree. If you pair it with the +air damage, +air crit talents in SC, you end up with a very healthy 30% crit chance (high voltage, charged, biting cold). Then slap on 30% more damage if they are electrified (3 stacks, inductance) and add in 15% more base damage (charged) and you have a monster spell.

sure, it has a 2.5 cast time and 10 second cooldown - take dominator, slap 2 points in it for quick thinking (or warlock for opportunity but i like the kb in dom) and any spell that has a CC feature - even if it isnt currently talented to do so (raging storm, electrocute, thunder blast, probably static barrier) - will reduce the cast time of lightning strike to 2 seconds if you cast it next.

so 45% base coefficient, +45% more damage and 30% crit rate.. ill get back with you and tell you how it goes.

45% source: http://keenandgraev.com/forums/index.php?topic=3480.0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast