+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Finally Found awesome pve mage souls and spell rotation

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Finally Found awesome pve mage souls and spell rotation

    I was havin about enough of my crappy mage dmg when low and behold and after trying many different souls and spell roatations that destroys mobs in one full ratation. It has high survavability as well. I was so close to taking a break from the game because leveling was just slowww. Im not a gaming nerd so i dont have spreadsheets or dps numbers.

    Yes i tried the standard mage souls and no mine is not so different, except for the 3rd soul that makes all the difference. High crit, shield, nuke...its all there.

    I want to post it cuz the damage difference is night and day compared with the standard lock/necro spell roration, but i know most of the readers here are not looking for a discussion but rather to flame and troll cuz they are bored losers.

    Anyway, pre- mage buff patch there are options for the mage in pve that are just out of this world awesome. So dont give up.

    I originally rolled a rogue but rerolled a couple weeks ago because our guild had too many and not enough mages. I didnt even know about buff until guildmate told me as i dont watch forums very often, i just play to have fun.

    Still issues with mage soul skills and spells not playing well with each other, but there are enough threads about that.

    Sorry to bother the trolls. Hope u enjoy your day in rift and have fun. And remember all those that cry on forums, its just a game. Way too serious people out there that need to find a gf or friends for that matter and get outside the house and enjoy this world while it lasts. Its just pixels...geez.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Ummm.....What is it?

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    You post you want to share but didn't share anything? And then you discount yourself like you got flamed when no one had responded at all yet?

    You can't post on the internet without someone being a jerk pretty much but that doesn't mean you cannot post something some people will appreciate.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Sounds like the OP finally discovered a Warlock/Elementalist/Archon setup.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Basscyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    This guy's staff is a good one.
    Last edited by Basscyst; 03-25-2011 at 12:35 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PA (Its cold!)
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomviper View Post
    I want to post it cuz the damage difference is night and day compared with the standard lock/necro spell roration, but i know most of the readers here are not looking for a discussion but rather to flame and troll cuz they are bored losers.
    What a waste of space!

    Post it or post parses in the 900 DPS Mage thread. No one has posted a 900 parse yet, so go for it if its that much better.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    What a waste of space!

    Post it or post parses in the 900 DPS Mage thread. No one has posted a 900 parse yet, so go for it if its that much better.
    Like i said i dont spend time calculating DPS. I kill fast or i dont. My souls are not unique, just not exacly what i have seen on these forums, but i admit i havent read all of them, just a lot of whining.

    I dont even know the names of the spells by heart. I am typing this from my iphone. But i will say its lock/necro/elemental souls. I have high crit, dmg, ice shield, some aoe spells in case i grab too much aggro, a choice of pets, a post mob kill heal, mana replenisher, etc.

    The trick imo is the instant cast dots and one casting dot to start rotation, then wait for insta cast opportunity to proc for elem lightning strike. I never have to mash one spell multiple times. One rotation kills mob quick.

    My other lock/necro soul options just never had a solid spell rotation with enough dps, and i always felt chloro was needed, but mob dies usually before getting close to me after i use lock snare spell.

    Hope that helps. Call me nub or whatever i am just casual and wa tired of reading so many whines

  8. #8
    Ascendant TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomviper View Post
    Like i said i dont spend time calculating DPS. I kill fast or i dont. My souls are not unique, just not exacly what i have seen on these forums, but i admit i havent read all of them, just a lot of whining.

    I dont even know the names of the spells by heart. I am typing this from my iphone. But i will say its lock/necro/elemental souls. I have high crit, dmg, ice shield, some aoe spells in case i grab too much aggro, a choice of pets, a post mob kill heal, mana replenisher, etc.

    The trick imo is the instant cast dots and one casting dot to start rotation, then wait for insta cast opportunity to proc for elem lightning strike. I never have to mash one spell multiple times. One rotation kills mob quick.

    My other lock/necro soul options just never had a solid spell rotation with enough dps, and i always felt chloro was needed, but mob dies usually before getting close to me after i use lock snare spell.

    Hope that helps. Call me nub or whatever i am just casual and wa tired of reading so many whines
    I was going to suggest that he discovered riftblade and laugh, but I'm willing to give the guy a chance.

    When you get home, take some time to post your spec and your rotation if you would be so kind and we'll check it out.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts