+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chloromancers are Main Tank healers don't be fooled about being AoE healers.

Default Chloromancers are Main Tank healers don't be fooled about being AoE healers.

With the upcoming changes to the Chloromancer we are losing our strength in the aoe healing department.

We lose the big Lifegiving veil healing which is not too bad because it will still work in dungeons since it is a 5 man group.

We lose 14% of the Radiant spore proc on mobs. This is not that bad because most of the time you are fighting in aoe fights and the 500-700 damage aoes that dps classes use will proc maybe 1 time a second. This will effect single target fights more than aoe fights.

However, the reason why trion brought these 2 abilities down is because they heal too well.

3 Chloromancers with a target can easily keep an entire raid group up no problem without any support from cleric healing.

Since most of our heals are generated to our synthesis target it makes our single target heals hit roughly for 4k hit points because the tank will get hit with lifegiving veil and also the nature's touch side ability.

Ascendant

mage base damage is getting a boost too, so I am sure our heals are more than likely getting stronger this upcoming patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    mage base damage is getting a boost too, so I am sure our heals are more than likely getting stronger this upcoming patch.
    I agree... we also have to give clerics something to do

Chloro def has its main utility come out on the main tank With mages a getting a generalized dmg increase and withering vines which procs an aoe heal apart from lgv is getting a dmg increase that will potentially move it more into the general casting order of chloro, the changes might counteract alot of the change to radiant spores groupwide effectiveness. I guess we'd have to see how it plays out but I still see chloro still being able to be viable in both regards, although I do agree that its main healing power is on the tank.
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-25-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Ascendant

i for one dislike the radiant spores change because how else am i supposed to grind money/daily quests?

you mean i cant just drop radiant spores on a group of npcs i pulled with dark touch spam and then devouring shadows to victory?

though the changes to both armor values and exposure might keep that just as viable as it was.

General of Telara

Hmm the Lifegiving Veil change makes me sad.

I know, I know... this question probably has been answered a hundred times. But for spells that target only a limited number of raid members, how are they chosen if more raid members than the cap are in the vicinity of the player or in the area of effect? Is it done intelligently, i.e. targeting the most wounded first?

In that case, the Lifegiving Veil change might just reduce our overhealing more than our actual AoE healing ability (though yes it will reduce our group healing throughput undoubtedly)...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    ^this, I'm sure everything balances out again. Especially if you crit on the increased dmg. On the main synthesis target, our heals will be stronger now.
    Last edited by MoonDragn; 03-25-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    ^this, I'm sure everything balances out again. Especially if you crit on the increased dmg. On the main synthesis target, our heals will be stronger now.
    Right now my SP is 900 base and my SC is 718 still playing with focus trying to see what I can and cant drop right now it is 208. So I am hoping I do heal for more than I do right now my nature's touch is hitting for around 1400 crits and about 700 non crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post

I know, I know... this question probably has been answered a hundred times. But for spells that target only a limited number of raid members, how are they chosen if more raid members than the cap are in the vicinity of the player or in the area of effect? Is it done intelligently, i.e. targeting the most wounded first?

In that case, the Lifegiving Veil change might just reduce our overhealing more than our actual AoE healing ability (though yes it will reduce our group healing throughput undoubtedly)...
    I think people forget that LGV was already limited to 10 people in the raid, it never hit the full 20. It heals intelligently, whoever needs heals gets heals, and it has priority on the Synthesis target. Basically, if it works fine pre-nerf, it will probably work just as fine after the nerf, just on fewer targets.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrzhe View Post
    I think people forget that LGV was already limited to 10 people in the raid, it never hit the full 20. It heals intelligently, whoever needs heals gets heals, and it has priority on the Synthesis target. Basically, if it works fine pre-nerf, it will probably work just as fine after the nerf, just on fewer targets.
    Yeah exactly.

If you have more than 5 in the raid that are hurt, the rest will get hit on the second spell. If you have people that are dying for not getting a Chloro heal in 1 GCD, then your raid probably needs another healer anyway, or the rest of the raid needs to get out of the Boss' AoE cone or whatever it is they are dying to.

hehe maybe I wont get 1 million over healing almost all the time

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cedworth View Post
    Yeah exactly.

If you have more than 5 in the raid that are hurt, the rest will get hit on the second spell. If you have people that are dying for not getting a Chloro heal in 1 GCD, then your raid probably needs another healer anyway, or the rest of the raid needs to get out of the Boss' AoE cone or whatever it is they are dying to.
    Oh, ok... thanks for the info. I feel stupid

So I guess all this means is that raid members will have to wait a little longer for their splash heals. And most of that splash healing went into overhealing anyway...

I'm okay with this.
    Last edited by Wenry; 03-25-2011 at 02:09 PM.

There must be something in the water.
    Today I saw 2 threads with completely lucid explanations for why these alpha changes are not instant and class destroying catatrophes.
    *shakes head*
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Shadowlander not.my.spec@gmail.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panduss View Post
    There must be something in the water.
    Today I saw 2 threads with completely lucid explanations for why these alpha changes are not instant and class destroying catatrophes.
    *shakes head*
    god forbid. People analyzed the changes, at this point i'm frightened. World is ending.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by not.my.spec@gmail.com View Post
    god forbid. People analyzed the changes, at this point i'm frightened. World is ending.
    I agree.

These changes are significant. I personally don't like the RS change. The tone down of AOE healing may be necessary, Chloro strikes me more of MT healer anyway, the aoe as is may be excessive. And Trion seems to think as much. The severity of cutting abilities to ~half will cause a large number of people to drop thier mouth in awe and cry foul, though.

I'm a tad hesitant to believe the LGV will continue to function fine, but, that's more due to thinking most dev teams are prone to break lines of code when editting them. Touching it at all for any tweak worries me. But, I'm easily spooked too, I spose. >.>

All in all, depending on the degree of damage buff, and the ramp up of WV healing, I may very well like my Chloro playabily moreso after this patch. But there is no reason to panic, cry, complain, etc. Trion wont screw us. We give them money. They like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast