+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing in warfronts as chloro

Telaran

Default Healing in warfronts as chloro

Anyone have any advice on this?

Rift Disciple

Be prepared to be stunned and silenced into oblivion.... Unless you have a really good group to support you its really rough as a non pyro spec in warfronts.

Ascendant

make sure you have some of the tanky stuff from warlock.

be prepared to "heal" your group passively because you are playing tank to a "pvp instance" so that they dont have to get hit.

laugh as you get top 3 damage mostly because of warlock armor procs (i swear to god thats happened a few matches for me)

It is hard to keep a focused target up as a chloro because Synthesis is on a long enough cooldown that it is not easily swappable when the enemy picks on a new target.

Most of my healing has been coming from using opportunity to toss out Natures Touch, and Vile spores, while tab spamming Withering Vines and Spores for AE heals.

I only run this setup when i see less than 2 blue names for every 10 people in the WF.

I try keeping Synthesis on a tanktype so that they are able to stay in the front lines of fight longer.

Essence Surge is a good way to make friends and to make enemies pick new targets.

Shadow life is a MUST.
    Chloro Shield is a MUST
    Neddra's Might is a MUST

Save Chloro full heal for yourself, don't bother popping it on someone else because chances are you will be the one getting focused, and it will be wasted on some Leeroy Jenkins wannabe rogue who rushes to the front. Only other time to use it is on Garden on the flag carrier.

Spam spore, and ruin mostly and hit Flourish everytime It's off cooldown. Don't spend alot of time with Nature's touch It's too slow to be effective and don't bother Synthing anyone the cooldown is too long and people die too fast. Mortality is good in certain situations but chances are you'll just get stunned out of it. I usually dump my charge into the chloro beam move, can't remember the name. Vines sucks, don't use it.

Even on black garden games where we lose 500-5 from AFK'ers I can still get 40k healing doing the above.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Telaran

LMAO I am lucky to get 20k healing using RS flourish every cd and casting VS and Ruin I am focused down everytime i get close to the battle and usually get no support from the wf raid, however that being said I also have not dedicated a spec to pvp either yet so when I get around to that things may change a little I stick to my rogue or my pally/reaver/warlord warrior for pvp the warrior is damn near invincible if I find a pocket healer lol

Ascendant

best match i had recently was a long whitefall steppes where i pulled something like 120k damage and 130k healing.

amazing what a big glowy "hit me" sign on another player will do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxpewpewpwnxxxx View Post
    LMAO I am lucky to get 20k healing using RS flourish every cd and casting VS and Ruin I am focused down everytime i get close to the battle and usually get no support from the wf raid, however that being said I also have not dedicated a spec to pvp either yet so when I get around to that things may change a little I stick to my rogue or my pally/reaver/warlord warrior for pvp the warrior is damn near invincible if I find a pocket healer lol
    You need survivability, you have to be a selfish player to live as a mage/chloro. Put 5 points in raised in nature, and 5 in the +hp warlock skill, only pop heals on yourself. Use archmage break free

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

I'm only level 32, but I'm going to post my two cents. Please do steer me straight if I'm misinformed.

I have the following build with whatever as the third soul, I like archon for the extra instant dot and endurance buff:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRv_.EdIuoi0z.xx

Focus a pet or something so you don't draw as much attention to yourself.

Put up talented radiant spores.
    Set up your dots Life Leech --> Withering Vine --> Dark Touch
    Then do your OMG SUPER BURST COMBO Vile Spores --> Ruin for a double HoT
    Natures touch is good to throw in here if you've gotten this far and you're not being focused otherwise try to throw out another vile spore.

Then it'll be about time to refresh the dots and start again.

Whenever opportunity procs pop an instant natures touch / fury. The instant procs make these otherwise unusable spells very powerful. You can even pop snare immunity and run away spamming an instant dot or armor spell just to proc opportunity and jump up and do a 360 Natures Touch in the face.

In the codex I stay on the cliffs and LoS in the cracks.
    In Garden I LoS with the carrier around the tree or whatever, if someone comes in I'll dps them, but I'm usually better off just alternating the direct heals on the carrier.

I've only done the CTF game a few times so I don't have any further thoughts, thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Basscyst; 03-25-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscyst View Post
    I'm only level 32, but I'm going to post my two cents. Please do steer me straight if I'm misinformed.

I have the following build with whatever as the third soul, I like archon for the extra instant dot and endurance buff:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRv_.EdIuoi0z.xx

Focus a pet or something so you don't draw as much attention to yourself.

Put up talented radiant spores.
    Set up your dots Life Leech --> Withering Vine --> Dark Touch
    Then do your OMG SUPER BURST COMBO Vile Spores --> Ruin for a double HoT
    Natures touch is good to throw in here if you've gotten this far and you're not being focused otherwise try to throw out another vile spore.

Then it'll be about time to refresh the dots and start again.

Whenever opportunity procs pop an instant natures touch / fury. The instant procs make these otherwise unusable spells very powerful. You can even pop snare immunity and run away spamming an instant dot or armor spell just to proc opportunity and jump up and do a 360 Natures Touch in the face.

In the codex I stay on the cliffs and LoS in the cracks.
    In Garden I LoS with the carrier around the tree or whatever, if someone comes in I'll dps them, but I'm usually better off just alternating the direct heals on the carrier.

I've only done the CTF game a few times so I don't have any further thoughts, thanks for reading.
    I'd dump the points in call of spring and put them in Vitality.

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread