+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Now that mage will be the new FotM...

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Boltswiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default Now that mage will be the new FotM...

    ...how long until it gets nerfed and I have to reroll again?

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Dada7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Going by the blizzard trend, about 1-3 months depending on how hard the QQ is.

    Trion looks like it's heading down that way as well.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    ...how long until it gets nerfed and I have to reroll again?
    If you play the Fotm game then you have a serious problem with the way your brain matter processes information.
    C.
    This is meant to be entertainment, not a life substitute. (lordofeyes)
    Disclaimer:
    These opinions are my own. I reserve the right to sprinkle the odd fact in amongst my opinions to confuse the reader.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kitsuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    I, for one, welcome our new mage overlords.

    But seriously, have you ever had any problems killing a mage?

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Rogues next month I hope ?

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Boltswiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
    If you play the Fotm game then you have a serious problem with the way your brain matter processes information.
    Actually, mage is the only calling I don't play, nor do I want to. Just feels boring.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Falconfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Whats an FotM?

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    714

    Default

    If you only play whatever class is OP at the moment, you have some serious inferiority issues.
    That's exactly what a hacker would say...

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Hmm given how fast Trion responded so far (e.g. by MMO devs standards lightning fast) I ll give it a month tops.

    But who knows. Warrs got some nerfs but paragon got buffed -we will see how that turns out . As of patch 1.1. rogue calling would be useless. Maybe they will nerf everyone down (and then they will have to nerf clerics)

  10. #10
    Ascendant Fujitasix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Cries for Nerfs > FotM Rerollers.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joen00b View Post
    If you only play whatever class is OP at the moment, you have some serious inferiority issues.
    To parrot you , If you dont play OP class you are mentally ******ed scrub.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Boltswiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default

    I just hope everyone rerolls mage and gets it nerfed faster than otherwise. Then my rogue or my cleric can be OP!

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconfan View Post
    Whats an FotM?
    If this is a serious question it means flavor of the month.

    As to all this up and down stuff.. keep in mind that nerfs tends to get reversed later on. They modify the damage based on the content, and when the content gets harder/mobs have more hp, then damage will be scaled back up accordingly. Happens in every MMO. In all reality even a DPS warrior should not be doing that much more DPS than a mage. More damage than a tanking warrior, yes. More than a dps mage, no.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baynne View Post
    If this is a serious question it means flavor of the month.

    As to all this up and down stuff.. keep in mind that nerfs tends to get reversed later on. They modify the damage based on the content, and when the content gets harder/mobs have more hp, then damage will be scaled back up accordingly. Happens in every MMO. In all reality even a DPS warrior should not be doing that much more DPS than a mage. More damage than a tanking warrior, yes. More than a dps mage, no.
    ability scaling should handle the "tougher content" game. the only real problem is that if scaling is too strong, you get the inevitable "new players get one shot by the raiders" issues in pvp, but it looks fine and dandy in pve. If the scaling is too weak, then the tough content just takes overly long, and the classes (if any) that scale best become the only worthwhile dps slot.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser BlestSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    350

    Default

    As soon as Trion sees its getting popular.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?


    *Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts