+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: FOTM Rerollers In Our Mage Forum

  1. #1
    Telaran Shinkouhyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default FOTM Rerollers In Our Mage Forum

    Welcome or shun?

    Voice your opinion.

    For me, the initial option that leaps out at me is "shun", but the more I think about it, the more I think "welcome" could be the better option, I mean, when they inevitably reroll once more, all they're going to be thinking about while posting in their new homes is "those mages sure were nice. I kind of miss them."
    Wolfsbane: Korihargon (Archon/Necro/Dom) Ultravalefor (Paragon/Void Knight/Reaver)
    All hail the mighty ARCHON
    now with 100% more rainbows!
    on (legally enforced) break from groping foxelves

  2. #2
    Xia
    Xia is offline
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkouhyou View Post
    Welcome or shun?

    Voice your opinion.

    For me, the initial option that leaps out at me is "shun", but the more I think about it, the more I think "welcome" could be the better option, I mean, when they inevitably reroll once more, all they're going to be thinking about while posting in their new homes is "those mages sure were nice. I kind of miss them."

    I dont know why anyone would seriously just re-roll to Mages when GoS is going to get nerfed sooner or later because everyone's going to cry about it until it does...

    Other than that, from what I've heard on the Alpha server our DPS doesn't increase too much. Warriors still do more DPS than us, and we're probably close to rogues now. But if people want to re-roll for GoS go ahead, its going to get nerfed soon enough.

  3. #3
    Rift Master Tamanous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Take the high ground.

    And this game is still new. Someone deciding to play a mage within one f@#%ing month of release is not a fotm player. You are not the character you play so I suggest getting over the ego trip for playing one a few days long than another.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Furienify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Faeblight
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Neither welcome nor shun; just lulz.

    GoS still needs to go, rolling fotm isn't going to fix being a bad player (unless they are - excuse me were - playing a Saboteur); doubly so if they're trying to faceroll as a Mage.

    I mean, seriously. The class didn't get faceroll potential to it, only one with that still is probably Pyromancers. By the time they reach 50 GoS will probably be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

  5. #5
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    They'll just reroll again with the next skill update... who cares

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Dart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, ON
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Welcome mages. Things might be a little easier for you now that we are being fixed.

    And thank you, for everyone who continued playing a mage (Even through that dreadful experience!), you had the guts to stick it to the man!
    Malachi of Deicide | Defiant on Sunrest

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Flaviusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Promiscuous rerollers should be treated like the faithless hoes they are.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
    Take the high ground.

    And this game is still new. Someone deciding to play a mage within one f@#%ing month of release is not a fotm player. You are not the character you play so I suggest getting over the ego trip for playing one a few days long than another.
    This. FOTM only applies to classes that have sucked for like 6 years then suddenly got boosted beyond reasonable compensation. Anyone who has played EQ2 knows what I'm talking about. At this stage in Rift, it is not unreasonable for someone to play a class to 50 and raid a bit on them, then decide to try a new class. There are going to be plently of "FOTM" style boosts right alongside "OMGimgonnaragequit" nerfs.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Welcome them i say. Most of them will turn away once they realize how fragile the mage class as a whole still is. If you don't utilize all your build's tools, you won't be an effective mage and that will turn of alot of "FOTM'ers".

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara Cabreon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xia View Post
    I dont know why anyone would seriously just re-roll to Mages when GoS is going to get nerfed sooner or later because everyone's going to cry about it until it does...

    Other than that, from what I've heard on the Alpha server our DPS doesn't increase too much. Warriors still do more DPS than us, and we're probably close to rogues now. But if people want to re-roll for GoS go ahead, its going to get nerfed soon enough.
    Seriously rogue dps?!!?!?! Woot here I come 2.3k dps. Perhaps your rogues lack the talent to get this dps but we have 3 rogues easily doing this aoe and doing 1.3k dps solo. Warriors in our group do about 1.7k aoe and 900 dps solo. We already had mages on par with warriors single target and aoe dps but nothing to a rogues dps.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baynne View Post
    This. FOTM only applies to classes that have sucked for like 6 years then suddenly got boosted beyond reasonable compensation. Anyone who has played EQ2 knows what I'm talking about. At this stage in Rift, it is not unreasonable for someone to play a class to 50 and raid a bit on them, then decide to try a new class. There are going to be plently of "FOTM" style boosts right alongside "OMGimgonnaragequit" nerfs.
    I agree with this statement. I've never had a mage main and I can't say I've ever been overly fond of it. I really like support classes though and Chloro/archon is the ultimate in supporting a group or raid. If I ever want to tank or pvp or actually do damage I'd go elsewhere. Just not my style.

    I don't think playing mage for a month and then thinking maybe it's not for you, or the other way around for other classes, is flavor of the month. Especially considering how low this buff actually is. It's more of a leveling buff than a actual buff.

    Sigh. Server first should have been mine. *Shakes fist at Trion*

  12. #12
    Ascendant Inixia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    I still think its kinda cute that so many ppl are rolling mage now bc warriors and rogues got "nerfed" (not really. but hearing ppl talk about it they make it sound like their class is unplayable with slight fixes) and mage is going to supposedly be op, outside of pyromancer probably doing relatively better off this update, I don't see mage being anything special comparative to other callings. Anyways, the pvp mentality that you should keep rerolling everytime there is a class you perceive better than you is lame anyways, because it basically just shows everyone that you are angry every time you don't have the most unskilled advantage over opponents.
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-25-2011 at 10:48 AM.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Meh. They just need to bring down other class's damage. I don't know that they need to raise ours substantially. I think raising hp values and bringing damage values down would be more interesting honestly. Insta-gib is only fun... oh wait... it's never fun. It just makes you feel special.

    Longer fights, I think, would show more skill involved and less push buttons and **** dies mentality.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Poimandres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xia View Post
    I dont know why anyone would seriously just re-roll to Mages when GoS is going to get nerfed sooner or later because everyone's going to cry about it until it does...
    FotM taster here. ;)

    I may indeed focus on my mage. I'd been mainly focusing on two tanks, a cleric (lvl 23 Justicar/Shaman/Sentinel) and a warrior (lvl 27 Paladin/Void Knight/Warlord turned Paladin/Reaver/Warlord). But the cleric already out-tanked and out-soloed the warrior, and now three of those warrior souls are getting whacked hard by the nerf bat, so I may wait a long while.

    But my mage is a fun break.
    So... My little level 11 was fun with a chloro/warlock/necro build, but I didn't know what I was doing. Which way to the resources thread?
    There I saw one I knew, and stopped him, crying 'Stetson!
    'You who were with me in the ships at Mylae!
    'That corpse you planted last year in your garden,
    'Has it begun to sprout? Will it bloom this year?
    (from T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land)

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    FotM taster here. ;)

    I may indeed focus on my mage. I'd been mainly focusing on two tanks, a cleric (lvl 23 Justicar/Shaman/Sentinel) and a warrior (lvl 27 Paladin/Void Knight/Warlord turned Paladin/Reaver/Warlord). But the cleric already out-tanked and out-soloed the warrior, and now three of those warrior souls are getting whacked hard by the nerf bat, so I may wait a long while.

    But my mage is a fun break.
    So... My little level 11 was fun with a chloro/warlock/necro build, but I didn't know what I was doing. Which way to the resources thread?
    Someone just started one. I figure there should be builds there shortly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts