+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im making a pyro today, the new fotm. How long til it gets nerfed?

Soulwalker

Default Im making a pyro today, the new fotm. How long til it gets nerfed?

Since my 43 reaver/riftblade was screwed over and my 26 sab was screwed over. How long will it take for pyros to get screwed over?

Quote Originally Posted by Equanimity View Post
    Since my 43 reaver/riftblade was screwed over and my 26 sab was screwed over. How long will it take for pyros to get screwed over?

Probably about 20 minutes past never.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Ascendant

the most likely nerf target is GoS

you wont get that till 44 so if the theorized eventual nerf hits, you might not even have the spell yet

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Equanimity View Post

You're coming to the mage forum to whine about reaver/riftblade nerfs? (Oh, and ask what I assume is a completely sarcastic question which ultimately suggests that mages deserve the next nerf....)

I'll give you.... 3/10 for bravado.
    A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.

If you are -just- making pyro now, you are already late. You missed the bandwagon. By the time you're 50 and decently geared, it'll be nerfed already.

The visionaries made their pyros at release or shortly after.

Now, you should roll a melee cleric, they'll be the next ones to get OP'ed

Not soon enough.

I like that you seem to roll exclusively fotm classes, though. Stay classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

If you really want to stay on top of this whole FOTM business, get 4 level 50 toons to cover each calling. Sounds to me like a recipe for insanity, but there you go.

Or you can pick one class you really love and stick to it through thick and thin. Game balance being constantly in flux you'll have times when that class is OP and UP and it all evens out in the long run.

aux

They are currently planning to do a content update every 4-8 weeks, and I think it's likely they'll include skill changes. So, you have less than 4 weeks to get to 50.

Ascendant

better yet, go "tanky" warlock/chloro, pick up the 21% endurance conversion, the 10% max hp, the 50% active max hp, the 80% damage reducer, make liberal use of mortality/devouring shadows and aoe radiant spores. Tank the entire enemy team (you have lifegiving veil and you are a clothy, it WILL happen) for stupidly long amounts of time with your instant cast heals and oh **** buttons, while your teammates who are probably competent destroy their entire team.

I did that a few times pugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    better yet, go "tanky" warlock/chloro, pick up the 21% endurance conversion, the 10% max hp, the 50% active max hp, the 80% damage reducer, make liberal use of mortality/devouring shadows and aoe radiant spores. Tank the entire enemy team (you have lifegiving veil and you are a clothy, it WILL happen) for stupidly long amounts of time with your instant cast heals and oh **** buttons, while your teammates who are probably competent destroy their entire team.

I did that a few times pugging.
    Sad that in a mage's eyes 8 seconds is a stupidly long time to survive LOL

Sad but so true.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

General of Telara

Lovely.

Other classes will start rolling mages, spec Pyro/something/something for PvP, and wonder why they aren't OP until level 35, then give up.

It's great how no one knows anything about other classes save the one that they choose to play.

+ Reply to Thread