+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quicken Elements - Aggro Change

Default Quicken Elements - Aggro Change

Has anyone else noticed since this morning's patch that when using Quicken Elements, it seems 95% of my npc engagements either single target or multiples, I now pull aggro from my rock after using it.

I've always felt that the Earth Elemental's aggro was funky. Sometimes, when I have him tanking several creatures, I'll have him use his AoE taunt to damage then (I keep the auto-use turned off for that ability), and several of the targets will come running at me instead of attacking him!

The aggro mechanic seems a little confused. I haven't determined yet if there is any particular trend yet. Maybe the change you are noticing with aggro and Quicken Elements is related...

aux

Funny, I thought my pet rock has been holding aggro much better than before. I wondered what's up ;o
    Last edited by aux; 03-25-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Plane Walker

Yep, quicken elements definitely pulls aggro off your pet. So sayeth a pyro mage licking their wounds after trying to solo a rare elite with the pet rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    I mean, you didn't see Gandalf bunnyhopping through Mordor blasting away with instant cast spells.

+ Reply to Thread