+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chloro's - Is any one using the 44 and 51 point abilities ?

Plane Touched

Default Chloro's - Is any one using the 44 and 51 point abilities ?

and if so, do you think they are worth the points wasted to get them ?

(If you haven't actually tried it please don't respond)

I like them, but their cooldowns are way too long. It is nice having 2 direct heals, a group heal, and 2 channeled group heals though.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Why would I spend more than 36 points in Chloro when I can get 20% spell damage, 5% crit, 25% charge, 10% instant cast proc chance, ~25% dot damage, and a damage steroid from Warlock for my other 30?

36 Chloro/30 Warlock is just too good to pass up.
    "What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out, which is the exact opposite." - Bertrand Russell

Shadowlander

Well I like the 44 point skill since it is a great heal but the cooldown is a little extreme for my liking and I've never tried out the 51 point skill, but anything that could expand our direct heals would prolly not be bad at all, but again the cooldowns could play into this as well.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
    Why would I spend more than 36 points in Chloro when I can get 20% spell damage, 5% crit, 25% charge, 10% instant cast proc chance, ~25% dot damage, and a damage steroid from Warlock for my other 30?

36 Chloro/30 Warlock is just too good to pass up.
    Have you tried them ?

Soulwalker

I do 44 Chloro, and the rest in Warlock. The 44 point ability is situational, not a general tank heal. if you have a lot of melee dps, and they all need a heal, its ideal for picking them all up.If its just the tank on the boss, I would rather hit Bloom, then Natures Touch, and Ruin if its off cooldown, in the occasion of a healing emergency. I could see natural splendor being a lifesaver in raids though, when you have a lot of dps close to a raid boss,who all might need some help after a mean aoe or something.

Rift Disciple

I've run both the 51 point chloro and the 50/50 chlor/lock. They both have their advantages, but I prefer the 51 chloro for several reasons.

The two abilities are pretty awesome, they use up half of your charge bar and I think they could do with a shorter cooldown timer (1 minute?) and they are very situational, but the situations you use them for they shine.

The final channel actually does two ticks of ~300 damage in an AOE per tick, so 600 damage per tick in AOE, it's pretty massive damage... and with all that damage your group's HP will not waver while it's on if there are multiple targets to hit. I usually hit it then chill for a few seconds and take a drink then get back to the normal rotations. The 44 ability is just a massive group heal that keeps everyone topped off while it's on, not the same damage potential though it's still fun.

After running it for a while, the only wasted points I feel are "Unleashed Abandon" (increases duration of snare invuln, useless in dungeons). Maybe Wild Growth and Destructive Growth aren't that great, but they are fun and useful in specific AE situations.

You basically have a permanent 25% increased INT, 21% of your base INT is converted to END which gives you a nice chunk of extra HP, and your "oh ****" moments for flourish will always crit heal half of your party for ~1800 and heal the rest for ~1100.

Insta rez timer reduction could probably use a buff (1 minute isn't fantastic), but the ability itself will get used frequently in those "oh ****" moments were some idiot gets cleaved or stands in the wrong spot or gets 1 shot by something random.... There are a couple of very long fights that I've used the ability twice though and the 1 minute will help (wish it was 2 minutes though).

Long story short, you can solo heal with 51 chloro anything you can solo heal with 50/50 warlock/chloro and 51 chloro is more fun (IMHO).

You also don't lose your 10% opportunity, 25% charge or 10% HP abilities by going full Chloro (still have 15 points in lock), all you lose is your 20% spell damage boost and 5% crit bonus. This gap is closed by your 25% intelligence boost plus the other benefits listed above.

Also, if I go warlock, I like to go 31 warlock for the "oh ****" 80% damage reduction.

In short, the bonuses for half warlock are not "too good to give up", once you actually run full chloro you realize it's superior in several areas. I find it more fun, to each his own though.
    Pestis - Mage - Belmont

Cooldowns are way to long for 51 pts to be effective. I am 30 chloro, 19 lock, 17 necro, and I almost never run out of instants to cast. I tried playing 51 pt chloro, but it seemed I was all to often reduced to casting a 1.7-2.0 second nuke, which I don't like to do.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Rift Disciple

Also, I may respec to 51/10/5 (chloro/lock/SC) to give myself the 5% crit back and add the armor buff. It's a pretty trivial change though.
    Pestis - Mage - Belmont

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    Cooldowns are way to long for 51 pts to be effective. I am 30 chloro, 19 lock, 17 necro, and I almost never run out of instants to cast. I tried playing 51 pt chloro, but it seemed I was all to often reduced to casting a 1.7-2.0 second nuke, which I don't like to do.
    If you're the only healer in a dungeon, how are you casting only insta's and keeping the tank up? I can't do it without NT and filling the gap with VS... are you casting the Necro heals??
    Pestis - Mage - Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by juggler9 View Post
    If you're the only healer in a dungeon, how are you casting only insta's and keeping the tank up? I can't do it without NT and filling the gap with VS... are you casting the Necro heals??
    I have never had to solo heal a dungeon as 2 of the 6-7 50s we have in our guild are clerics. This is mostly a solo PvE, PvP, dungeon support role. I suppose I should have made that clear, my mistake.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Squeegee View Post
    I have never had to solo heal a dungeon as 2 of the 6-7 50s we have in our guild are clerics. This is mostly a solo PvE, PvP, dungeon support role. I suppose I should have made that clear, my mistake.
    NP, I'm just referring to solo dungeon healing (maybe with bard).

51 chloro isn't really an "off heal" spec, I agree if you are just providing group off-heals then you should combo it up with another soul to pump out more DPS.
    Last edited by juggler9; 03-25-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    Pestis - Mage - Belmont

Rift Disciple

If a dev is listening, please get rid of Unleashed Abandon (really? 20 point tier and another 3 points for +3 seconds on snare immunity? really?).

Swap it out with anything that doesn't suck really, like +.2% (then .4 and .6) per point in Chloromancer increased heal effect on your LGV. This would completely cover the 20% heal gap Warlock specs have without increasing chloro DPS .
    Pestis - Mage - Belmont

Quote Originally Posted by juggler9 View Post
    You also don't lose your 10% opportunity, 25% charge or 10% HP abilities by going full Chloro (still have 15 points in lock), all you lose is your 20% spell damage boost and 5% crit bonus. This gap is closed by your 25% intelligence boost plus the other benefits listed above.
    Actually the gap isn't closed since the Chloro/Lock also has the +25% int since it's at the 1st tier. There's no comparison: the 20% sustained damage from warlock is just lost and the 44 & 51 point abilities don't make-up for it...especially since they're both channeled and eat the charges that could otherwise be used to keep-up Entropic Veil which is another +19% you're leaving behind.

I don't care what spec people enjoy but you can't say that an ability (+25% int) that both specs being compared have, in any way, makes up for the lesser sustained DPS.

And btw, you seemed to imply earlier in your post that the +25% int gets converted to endurance...in fact it doesn't: that temporatry, 6 second, int boost is not used by Raised in Nature for temporary HP boosts.

I have used Natural splendor (44pt) a lot when I have multiple melee classes in a fight but if it is just the tank why bother. This would be good in raids if a boss has a damaging aura and you need to pick up the melee dps faster. But since all classes have a range soul you might not even need this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast