+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mage 1.1 Alpha DPS dummy tests

Post Mage 1.1 Alpha DPS dummy tests

So last night i got curious and downloaded the Alpha client to try out a few mage spec's on dummies

I'm at work now so I don't have the parsers with me but in each case i was wearing the default T2 gear that the alpha vendor gives out

SP = ~900
    crit% = ~20%
    focus = ~200

these tests took place over the course of about 1 min 30 seconds (after that dps was fairly stable) I didn't use any damage buffs or situational "drains charge while active" abilities, these numbers are just a standard stable spell rotation. with some macro's to help out

51/10/5 (archon/dom/ele) = ~420 dps

51/10/5 (storm/archon/ele) = ~550 dps

27/30/9 (storm/lock/ele) = ~530 dps

31/30/5 (pyro/lock/archon) = ~500 dps (did use heatwave)

32/30/4 (chloro/lock/ele) = ~350 dps

as you can see our dps has been increased from its current pathetic state but at the same time it seems fairly normalized around an average of 500 dps for our standard rotations

builds that still need testing:

necro (i tried testing but it was late and my parser was messing up)

51pt pyro

perhaps if others could verify these or provide more detailed testing we could get some good community discussions going

You sure thats right? cos as necro/lock in Epic T1 stuff i get around 500-600 dps and my pet gets 150 so i am always above 650 unless my pet dies.

Pyro i would usually get around 600 without heatwave.
    Last edited by Onideath; 03-25-2011 at 05:28 AM.

well these were just on a test dummy with nothing but self buffs and just using a standard rotation

they aren't definitive but show more of a relative dps when compared to eachother

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    well these were just on a test dummy with nothing but self buffs and just using a standard rotation

they aren't definitive but show more of a relative dps when compared to eachother
    No, they don't really show more. If you have a +20% damage buff which uses charge then you should use it and it should be part of your standard rotation.

Plane Touched

So last night i got curious and downloaded the Alpha client to try out a few mage spec's on dummies

I'm at work now so I don't have the parsers with me but in each case i was wearing the default T2 gear that the alpha vendor gives out

SP = ~900
    crit% = ~20%
    focus = ~200

these tests took place over the course of about 1 min 30 seconds (after that dps was fairly stable) I didn't use any damage buffs or situational "drains charge while active" abilities, these numbers are just a standard stable spell rotation. with some macro's to help out

51/10/5 (archon/dom/ele) = ~420 dps

51/10/5 (storm/archon/ele) = ~550 dps

27/30/9 (storm/lock/ele) = ~530 dps

31/30/5 (pyro/lock/archon) = ~500 dps (did use heatwave)

32/30/4 (chloro/lock/ele) = ~350 dps

as you can see our dps has been increased from its current pathetic state but at the same time it seems fairly normalized around an average of 500 dps for our standard rotations

51pt pyro

perhaps if others could verify these or provide more detailed testing we could get some good community discussions going
    Is that a boost at 50 at all? I drop 420 DPS on level 52 mobs as archon. Then again you have dom in your build I think I had lock 10. Might be a slight difference.

*Edit* And I'm not in all T2 gear.
    Last edited by Crimsonkirie; 03-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.

51pt pyro
    How about testing a 34 Storm 32 Ele build.

51 point builds severely handicap IMO unless you are going for a specific role (51 point bard for example for a purely support character). with a 51 Storm role you are not really picking anything exceptional up...a combat rez at 44 and another AoE Hypo spell at 51 that uses charge that should be kept for static flux. Its not like a 51 points pyro talent that makes even raid bosses cry. So IMO your 51/10/5 build is a waste. Even your Storm/lock build I don't see as a "dps" role. I tried it once and lost too much dmg so went back to my SC/Ele role.
    Last edited by Datku; 03-25-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Champion of Telara

Thanks for your efforts, but the testing is very weak.

I'd prefer a list of new SP coefficients. Or, a more stable test with a strong rotation at max DPS.

The coefficients have changed? My understanding is they bumped up base spell damage only.

I wish they had jacked up the coefficients. Frankly this increase to base spells is merely putting off the day we run into scaling issues. It's a band aid solution that might fix us up for current content, but no more.

Champion of Telara

Ah, good point, it did say base damage. Well then, I suppose it would be a test to validate whether the SP coefficients are still the same, or not.

Also rendering the change in general rather tepid.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviusx View Post
    The coefficients have changed? My understanding is they bumped up base spell damage only.

I wish they had jacked up the coefficients. Frankly this increase to base spells is merely putting off the day we run into scaling issues. It's a band aid solution that might fix us up for current content, but no more.
    I think we already have scaling issues in greenscale. I'm by no means completely geared from T2 but neither is the rogue or warrior pulling twice our mage DPS.

Champion

your numbers seem low, im pretty sure i beat your pyro/lock/archon numbers by about 50dps on live now on a dummy with poo gear, barely half my stuff is t1.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 03-25-2011 at 07:17 AM.

I can beat these numbers on live. Waiting for better testing.

it doesnt matter if you can beat my dps...

I can easily beat this dps on live

this was merely some BASIC testing with a BASIC rotation in order to compare different builds in alpha

this is NOT to compare live vs alpha

how about instead of whining you get on the alpha and test some and compare for yourself

where are the theorycrafters? get these babies a tissue...
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-25-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Champion of Telara

this was merely some BASIC testing with a BASIC rotation in order to compare different builds in alpha

If by "BASIC", you mean "USELESS", then yes.

OP didn't even run the same builds on live for a relative comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    If by "BASIC", you mean "USELESS", then yes.

OP didn't even run the same builds on live for a relative comparison.
    1) failed reading comprehension

2) it doesn't even matter that it's crap rotation, it doesnt even matter if i did only 100 dps, ITS A RELATIVE COMPARISON (build vs build, alpha only)... the numbers for each soul by itself mean NOTHING

and as far as testing alpha vs live as i stated before, it was late and i'm at work today so i cannot test them for myself

but i welcome you to if you can pull yourself away from the forum for long enough to do a parse
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-25-2011 at 07:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast