+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regarding Burning Purpose. (Actual question, along with suggestion)

Rift Disciple

Default Regarding Burning Purpose. (Actual question, along with suggestion)

Was there any other actual abuse of the skill other than people obviously exploiting Power Drain?
    If not, why not just make BP not proc off Power Drain and get rid of the 1.5 second ICD, since any kind of ICD ruins Opportunity, Imp. Plague, Grave Rot, Casted > Instant, etc.

because that would actually make sense....

Other instances where BP would proc on debuffs (Plague Bolt) lead to overly high DPS from what is a support class.

I'm pretty sure most people that were playing Archon from the start were satisfied with their class's damage, even before Burning Purpose was changed to damage on debuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Furienify View Post
    Other instances where BP would proc on debuffs (Plague Bolt) lead to overly high DPS from what is a support class.

I'm pretty sure most people that were playing Archon from the start were satisfied with their class's damage, even before Burning Purpose was changed to damage on debuffs.
    Even with the extra bp proc plague bolt was only slightly more dps than using pillaging stone. Plague bolt itself does less damage.

What really hurts with this change is Archon now has virtually no aoe. At least with grave rot you could pull your weight. Now you'd have to spec sc to get decent aoe, but at the cost of single target dps.
    Last edited by maxvla; 03-25-2011 at 10:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread