+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to mages, what trade skills to get?

wch
    Soulwalker

Default New to mages, what trade skills to get?

Just wondering. I would like to make armor, but would I need butchering for that as mages can only wear cloth armor.

Oh and should I stick to staffs, or go with a sword, not too important right now, only level 9.

Soulwalker

Hey, I'm wondering the same thing. Also got a question or two if that's alright since it's your thread.
    What I want to know is what professions allow the crafting of staffs/cloth armour? Thanks.

Rift Disciple

You can level outfitter without leather, it's just a little more difficult. And use whatever the best combo is for you at the time regarding weapons. If your staff is better than a 1h+OF, obviously that's better.

And Falk...Outfitter & Artificer
    Last edited by mcl5000; 03-25-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Also worth noting is that about half of your standar cloth recipes require leather to make as well as cloth. Your workorder daylies will also require you to make leather items about half the time. If I were to make a rough estimate, I would say about 70% of your outfitter recipes require leather alone or leather in combination with cloth. I would definatly recommend getting butchering aswell if you plan on going outfitter, but you can probably manage to level it to max by buying leather when you need it.
    Last edited by Elewyn; 03-25-2011 at 04:12 AM.

Runecrafting is always worth a mention as well. Anyone can use it really. I don't find the artificer recipies to be all that great myself.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Alts for the win.

My main (a mage) is butchering, foraging, apothecary.
    Then I have an alt that does outfitting, runes, and artificer.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

+ Reply to Thread