+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How far behind Champions do we remain on alpha?

Champion of Telara

Default How far behind Champions do we remain on alpha?

The Mage buffs to dps seem a bit underwhelming. Even though we were 25% lower than some of the other classes in dps, most souls seem to have gotten only a 5% bump in dps.

While several Warrior souls were nerfed fairly substantially, the Champion soul seemed to come out pretty well. The major problems (too many abilities not on a cooldown that can be macroed together, and multiple CCs) were left intact. Their dps does not seem to have taken much of a hit at all We are not even sure they fixed the Warrior armor bypass issue.

If my experience in MMOs hold true fro Rift, this is our only chance for meaningful buffs for some time. They will move on to other classes and issues and it will be 6 months to a year before we are looked at again. So we need to make sure we are on par with the other dps classes.

Has anyone compared our dps to Champion dps on Alpha? If we went from 75% of their dps (on live) to 80% (on Alpha), I do not see that as a cause for celebration.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 03-25-2011 at 03:28 AM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Champion of Telara

Has anyone tested yet?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Champion of Telara

lmao

your dps compared to a champ will continue to exceed them, as before

it's no wonder all the mages are qq babies, you don't even know anything about this ****ing game

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    lmao

it's no wonder all the mages are qq babies, you don't even know anything about this ****ing game
    Honestly. Mage DPS is greater than any other calling on Alpha, but it's not enough. Amazing.

Anyone care to back up this claim of mages out damaging Champs? Sounds like BS to me.

I'd really love to play a DPS spec, really. However, I have a much easier time finding a group as a Chloro because I know I won't be passed up for Rogues, and Warrior DPS.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    Anyone care to back up this claim of mages out damaging Champs? Sounds like BS to me.

I'd really love to play a DPS spec, really. However, I have a much easier time finding a group as a Chloro because I know I won't be passed up for Rogues, and Warrior DPS.
    champs never came close to sustaining more dps than mages, EVER

it was bms with stacking bleeds that were outdpsing everyone, and they were taken to the cleaners in 1.1

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    lmao

its the complete opposite. they will stay double or higher single target dps the entire game.
    end game average with full raid gear is about 600 for a mage and warriors can get 1200+

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mellyonz View Post
    its the complete opposite. they will stay double or higher single target dps the entire game.
    end game average with full raid gear is about 600 for a mage and warriors can get 1200+
    you are ****ing ******ed

raid mages can score 800+ single target

champions have never even been close to that, you're LUCKY to hit 600

more generally, the warriors who were scoring well were beastmaster/champs stacking bleeds able to score 1200 dps

did you look at the patch notes? did you see the huge page of beastmaster nerfs? yeah that's not going to be happening anymore

+ Reply to Thread