+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage class got its neck broke.

Soulwalker

Default Mage class got its neck broke.

Youíve seen them. Them little skanky skeletons necros get at jump street. They are my new symbol for the mage class in Rift. Neck broke and head dropping, it runs up to a mob and hits it for small numbers.

Perfect symbol for Rift mage class.

I hate picking on the infirm but Triton takes your money. And money is not an issue with me.
    Time is my problem. When I sit down after a long day and play a game for a little while,
    it has to be fun or I donít do it. If I want to work, Iíll bush hog the woods next to my house.

Itís like when it came time for Triton to lay down the design for the mage class, they took, letís say, a WOW mage and threw it up on the floor. Then forgot how to put it back together.

All WOW mages get evocation (mana refresh), frost nova (freezes mobs), polymorph (Sheep), blink, strong hitting nukes and effective AOE damage spells. You have to dance around the spewed Rift Mage instantiations to put that together and I bet you canít combine that many souls or as effective in their design a Wow standard mage package.

Now Iíll just say if you think a Rift Mage Pet class is any good at all, take some time and play a WOW warlock. The WOW design is vastly superior to Riftís and fun to play. I even leveled one of those to 80 in a casual manner. Mage Pet class in Rift is a lot like bush hogging.

So if I want to play a mage, I play my new WOW fire mage. Lots of fun and well designed.

Now I will say I enjoy what Triton has done for Clerics and the nuker cleric is a clever design and fun class to play. So I have one of those.

And finally, just like the Almighty Night Elf Hunter in WOW, Rift has created a masterpiece in the Riftblade. A made-to-order fighter mage, that you can play blind drunk. So I have one of those.

Iíll end this by admitting that some Rift designs are good, just not the mage.

Rift Chaser

what's triton?

Soulwalker

Wait, are you raging because mages are not as easy to play as riftblades or WoW locks? I guess your right, but your opinion that easy to play=fun is........ well, not one that I share.... I like my mage, but I guess I don't find classes that I can play while "blind drunk" very fun....

Though i admit ele pets need some love, necro pets are fine. They might be very straight forward and simple (single target dps, tank, or aoe dps), but they do what they are designed to do.

The point of the 3 soul system in rift is, to a degree, designed force the player to take responsibility over their classes abilities. If you want more utility, pick up domi or chloro. DPS, pyro or lock for more dots. You can't just say "all mages got poly in WoW, I WANT POLY!!!!" when you can grab 0 points in domi, 6 points in ele grab you revitalize, 11 points in pyro nets you flicker, etc. If you want it, get it.

There's not much of a point arguing with people arguing solely from the standpoint of opinion, but I think you are approaching this game from the wrong mindset.

OP, choose another calling or another game. Mages are awesome even now, when they're UP.
    Atrox@Shivermere, mage

Soulwalker

http://www.triton.com/

You seem to have made a horrible mistake, these are the rift forums. Maybe what you where playing was a automatic teller machine?

sorry. had to make the joke.

hahaha ...hahahaha
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Having played wow, and several other mmo's which all had mage(types), I like how they are here the most.
    Yeah, the dps could be higher, but diversity/playstyle/having fun while playing is what I'm after.
    Having some difficulty reaching a "simple" goal (quests/mobs/....), trying to find a soul setup which makes you enjoy it the most, just adventuring around ... for me that's more fun than just facerolling through the game, else not much you can recall "fun" times from if it was all the same experience.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by freshproduce View Post
    http://www.triton.com/

You seem to have made a horrible mistake, these are the rift forums. Maybe what you where playing was a automatic teller machine?

sorry. had to make the joke.
    maybe he's never heard of direct deposit

I love my mage. She's a ****ing ******* ***** of a class to play that will piss on your and not give you the curtsy of a reach around all while stealing your wallet,dog,car,house, and dignity. And I keep coming back for more. NO class if perfect. Mages are harder to play them most. Then again I bat clerics are hard to play for some people. Its all personal feeling.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phokis View Post
    You’ve seen them. Them little skanky skeletons necros get at jump street. They are my new symbol for the mage class in Rift. Neck broke and head dropping, it runs up to a mob and hits it for small numbers.

Perfect symbol for Rift mage class.

I hate picking on the infirm but Triton takes your money. And money is not an issue with me.
    Time is my problem. When I sit down after a long day and play a game for a little while,
    it has to be fun or I don’t do it. If I want to work, I’ll bush hog the woods next to my house.

It’s like when it came time for Triton to lay down the design for the mage class, they took, let’s say, a WOW mage and threw it up on the floor. Then forgot how to put it back together.

All WOW mages get evocation (mana refresh), frost nova (freezes mobs), polymorph (Sheep), blink, strong hitting nukes and effective AOE damage spells. You have to dance around the spewed Rift Mage instantiations to put that together and I bet you can’t combine that many souls or as effective in their design a Wow standard mage package.

Now I’ll just say if you think a Rift Mage Pet class is any good at all, take some time and play a WOW warlock. The WOW design is vastly superior to Rift’s and fun to play. I even leveled one of those to 80 in a casual manner. Mage Pet class in Rift is a lot like bush hogging.

So if I want to play a mage, I play my new WOW fire mage. Lots of fun and well designed.

Now I will say I enjoy what Triton has done for Clerics and the nuker cleric is a clever design and fun class to play. So I have one of those.

And finally, just like the Almighty Night Elf Hunter in WOW, Rift has created a masterpiece in the Riftblade. A made-to-order fighter mage, that you can play blind drunk. So I have one of those.

I’ll end this by admitting that some Rift designs are good, just not the mage.
    .. also, what everyone said above :-p.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-24-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Now Iíll just say if you think a Rift Mage Pet class is any good at all, take some time and play a WOW warlock. The WOW design is vastly superior to Riftís and fun to play. I even leveled one of those to 80 in a casual manner. Mage Pet class in Rift is a lot like bush hogging.
    I left WoW over how broken warlock specs are, hunter pets are broken because a hunter can send pet and pick his nose. Warlocks (even demo spec) only have feelgood synergies that dont affect the damage in any way.

I know this, i have 2 locks both specced affli / demo, lvl 80 and 79 (pangtong and rebirthed). Warlocks have also fallen completely out of PvP. So if you wanna talk about how awesome WoW locks are, check their forums and find nothing but despair.

I have a necromancer here and my dots and debuffs affect my pet damage. I love that, because i cant go lazy and have my pet do the hard work, nor do i need to set my pet on passive because he's useless.

Sword of Telara

If you're so much in love with the WoW mage and warlock then you might have to consider going back to play them and leave the Rift mage for those of us who actually enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    Oh so it all was a conspiracy? Good job, detective!
    Main: Milika - EU - Firesand - Defiant - female eth
    Alt: Jerlis - EU - Firesand - Defiant - female kelari

Some Jerlis background (not finished)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Jerlis-comics

(Not related to Rift)
    My RP stories from AoC
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...04#post1618204

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    I like how you disassembled his rambling and found the core of his problem

Telaran

im enjoying the mage class in rift, we have a wicked arsenal at our disposal, its just not a faceroll to play. as i get better gear upgrades at 50, pvp becomes more enjoyable to!

ive played extensively a number of MMOs such as EQ2, WoW etc and find rift mage the most adaptable. warlocks in WoW are a complete joke, i doubt they'll ever fix them and the game will be rebranded as the world of meleecraft eventually.

+ Reply to Thread