+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pyromancers

Rift Disciple

Default Pyromancers

I play as a mage but have yet to try this calling. Can anyone explain to me the massive QQing that's going on around pyromancers? Do they actually require a nerf? (Incoming bias detected)

Soulwalker

Their 44 point root skill makes them take 30% less damage, be immune to CC and have a 30% chance to stun on any hit. It's pretty major in PvP, but usually just results in the mage getting focus fired early on. Some choose to rune shield through this and blow AoE's to get lots of stuns going on. with heal support you can keep the enemy team occupied for a decent while, giving your team a major edge. In smaller group combat some might call it an IWIN button.

Plane Walker

Well.. I have been playing Pyro seen headstart.. I never had a real problem.. sure our dmg might be low but the game just came out, it takes time to balance all..

I do fine in t1/t2 dungeons atm even.. the biggest problem is pvp as far as I can see. people are qqing alot there.

The only think that really annoys me with the pyro calling is that fact you have alot of useless stuff. but you can skill up around them.. so

It comes down to idiots that don't understand just how useful/useless the Ground of Strength is, they only see one side.
    Sure it has some awesome mitigation across the board, but check this out.. name me how many times in PvP - WF's or world PvP you have been in a battle that had your character static for any significant amount of time... go ahead.. oh, you don't. So our GoS is nice, it gives us more time to stay alive.. but in reality:

-we're standing still
    -we're a very obvious target
    -we're still in cloth
    -our damage is still not amazing
    -GoS can be dispelled
    -fights are NEVER static in PvP (once the fight moves, we have to recast at our next area.. and then.. our targets have to be within range for a decent amount of time for us to be able to reap the rewards)

So yeah.. there's nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodiak View Post
    It comes down to idiots that don't understand just how useful/useless the Ground of Strength is, they only see one side.
    Sure it has some awesome mitigation across the board, but check this out.. name me how many times in PvP - WF's or world PvP you have been in a battle that had your character static for any significant amount of time... go ahead.. oh, you don't. So our GoS is nice, it gives us more time to stay alive.. but in reality:

-we're standing still
    -we're a very obvious target
    -we're still in cloth
    -our damage is still not amazing
    -GoS can be dispelled
    -fights are NEVER static in PvP (once the fight moves, we have to recast at our next area.. and then.. our targets have to be within range for a decent amount of time for us to be able to reap the rewards)

So yeah.. there's nothing wrong with it.
    Hmmm, I got stunned 3 times in a row yesterday, from a Pyro on GoS channeling Fire Storm. He was the only Pyro there, and I had him targeted (at first I didn't believe that it was causing the stun to proc, I thought people were confusing it with Backdraft).

So yeah.. there's something wrong with it, no DR on the stuns (which I can live with) but it procs from AoE over time damage (which needs to be changed, I suspect it is a bug, too OP to be intentional).

Other than that I think it is a really cool ability, I like the idea of Mages being able to stand still and turret.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Hmmm, I got stunned 3 times in a row yesterday, from a Pyro on GoS channeling Fire Storm. He was the only Pyro there, and I had him targeted (at first I didn't believe that it was causing the stun to proc, I thought people were confusing it with Backdraft).

So yeah.. there's something wrong with it, no DR on the stuns (which I can live with) but it procs from AoE over time damage (which needs to be changed, I suspect it is a bug, too OP to be intentional).

Other than that I think it is a really cool ability, I like the idea of Mages being able to stand still and turret.
    Every time a warrior or rogue complains about the 30% a pyro has to stunlock them, god smites a japanese nucle....oh wait...too soon?

Seriously, I have no sympathy for warriors or rogues who can easily stunlock anyone they want complaining that some pyro got astronomically lucky enough to chain stun them. How many times have you had a pyro stunlock you 100-0? I bet you can count the number on one hand.

Want to know how many times I've been stunlocked 100-0? I've lost count, but it's most certainly upwards of 30+ times.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Gig

Honestly i find GoS worthless. Yes it seems very nice but in all honesty you give up so much to get it. In the new patch yes we can be more mobile but it still requires us to stand in one spot and be a turret. We can not kite people or control like we need to as a mage. As a dom/pyro if i get hit by multiple people i squirrel one, root another then kill another. With GoS you just stand there, squeeze your *** cheeks tight and hope for stun procs.
    One of the 'Z' Bros - coined by Shakura

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Every time a warrior or rogue complains about the 30% a pyro has to stunlock them, god smites a japanese nucle....oh wait...too soon?

Seriously, I have no sympathy for warriors or rogues who can easily stunlock anyone they want complaining that some pyro got astronomically lucky enough to chain stun them. How many times have you had a pyro stunlock you 100-0? I bet you can count the number on one hand.

Want to know how many times I've been stunlocked 100-0? I've lost count, but it's most certainly upwards of 30+ times.
    Unlucky. Why weren't you standing within GoS? Forget where you left it?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Unlucky. Why weren't you standing within GoS? Forget where you left it?
    I don't know about warriors and rogues, but Mages have to be Level 44 to put 44 points into a Soul tree. Maybe they removed that restriction from warriors to prevent them having to think too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    I don't know about warriors and rogues, but Mages have to be Level 44 to put 44 points into a Soul tree. Maybe they removed that restriction from warriors to prevent them having to think too much.
    Which restriction?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post

Not sure of his lvl range but if its 50 and all that mage did was firestorm, hes lucky. I run graverot w/ firestorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

Soulwalker

Damage Reduction from Ground of Strength Stacks with other Damage Reductions.

so
    Ground of Strength 30%
    Elemental Link 10%
    Steelweave 15% Physical Reduction

that is 55% alone from Abilities
    Wait theres more
    Valor! yes pvp Gear it does matter and help
    imagine having just an extra 10% more dmg reduction

65% all time dmg reduction wait theres more!
    Detaunt! yes a 2minute Cooldown ability which reduces enemy dmg by 50% as long as you Ignore them

that is 105% damage reduction! in this game the %'s just add directly on and Do not Multiply at this time

ok so u lose 9% health but compared to 65% all time Physical Damage reduction immune to CC and a 30% chance to stun on all Fire DMG id trade for that any day.

with a Healer backing you up you are by far more survivable then a Champion not to mention u do not have to charge at Pyromancers with 65% dmg reduction. If u Sit at WF Objectives people HAVE TO COME to u so u do not need to move... Black garden Middle?? Port of Scion Church? Codex?

Ok so not everyone has PvP gear and is the same spec but Just because people refuse to go specific specs does not make a spec not OP

Runeshield also Stacks which is a 50% dmg Reduction so could go GoS + Runeshield for a 80% dmg reduction
    not including Valor.

so u can not move? downside u can Tank a Champion?

And im Not a Champion or a Warrior or a Rogue i am a Healing Cleric so i Just get to Watch Champions stand still and Die from stuns

3Pyros GoS Specced 3 Firestorms on group of Players?? need I say more 30% chance to stun? one of the 3 Pyros will proc.

As far as DMG is Concerned Instant Cast Cinderbursts hits pretty damn hard ok so your not a Champion but are Champions Fine? besides Champion's and Saboteur's who else can put out as much Burst.

Yeah Clerics are a Beast to kill and almost impossible 1v1. Reduce our Single Target healing and Good Luck healing PvE instances. Classes are not suppose to be able brute force a Cleric down if they could then 0 point of a healer.

yes GOS +Detaunt alone is awesome for that warrior who swells up and acts like they're going to SMITE you. Ward potions are also quite wonderful for those initial HUGE crits.

BUT its not God mode..(it is for those poor souls who don't understand the mechanics of GOS but that's changing)
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

People not used to Detaunt really make me laugh.

Big scary warrior comes up while you are sitting in GoS. Detaunt, whatever, I'll continue killing that healer.
    TITAN STRIKE 300 damage
    "wtf, u have amazing gear or somethin"
    kill healer, turn around, use fulminate

The second I step out of GoS I am toast though. Sometimes I use opportunity procs to Flicker away and set it up instantly, while netting them or lockdowning them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissipate View Post
    3Pyros GoS Specced 3 Firestorms on group of Players?? need I say more 30% chance to stun? one of the 3 Pyros will proc.
    Just mathematically:
    2 casters = 55.6% chance to get stunned when they cast
    3 casters = 70.4% chance to get stunned when they cast
    It's not additive.

But yeah, besides that, if you know there is more than one gos mage, don't group up and stand there asking for them to aoe, just saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast