+ Reply to Thread

Thread: you got to be kidding me...

Rift Disciple

Default you got to be kidding me...

Was joking around in guildchat that resulted in me running some guildies alts thru IT today. Now Im lvl 49 elementalist fully stated for pets...

I send my lovable lil piles rocks in on a mob and start my spell rotation when have a "wtf!" moment. The lvl 20 rangers pig has agro not my tanker. Surely this must be a mistake....

Finish AEing down the group of mobs and wait for the lvl 19 elite roamer. Have already told the party do nothing cept send the pig in after my pet had already hit the mob. Sure enough the pig runs in and grabs agro for a moment. My pet regains it sec then the pig rips it again. It continues to bounce back and forth.

Now I admit that if time it, my pet held agro longer on each mob... thats not the point though. How can a lvl 20 pig even challenge my lvl 49 pet with 29 talent points devoted to it?!?!?!

Its bad enough that a lvl 49 pig with 1 freaking talent point can out tank my lvl 49 with 29 points.. but this?!?!?! I havent even gotten into fact I have to spam the worthless nuke to support my pet and ranger doesnt (mean they get to use other souls skills while I dont..)

I hope Im just blind when didnt see the part of the patch notes that address this...
    Last edited by theranknight; 03-24-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Shield of Telara

If the pig is anything like the rock elemental (and I have no idea if it is) then it has an ability that forces the target to attack the pet, which would explain how the pig kept pulling aggro.

Taunt. That is all.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Disciple

Your missing the point. Should a lvl 20 pig out taunt a lvl 49 rock elemental?

For that matter why can a lvl 49 pig with 1 talent point out tank a lvl 49 rock elemental with 29 points devoted to it?

Plane Touched

the pet has a taunt
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by theranknight View Post
    Your missing the point. Should a lvl 20 pig out taunt a lvl 49 rock elemental?
    No you're missing the point. The pig has an ability that forces its target to target it (just like your rock has). It's not "outtaunting it". It uses the ability, the mob targets it. The end.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sakkath View Post
    No you're missing the point. The pig has an ability that forces its target to target it (just like your rock has). It's not "outtaunting it". It uses the ability, the mob targets it. The end.
    Rather obvious from the text in the ability tooltip too, unsure how or why OP was confused by it.

Shadowlander

I dislike it when people don't take the time to learn basic game mechanics and then cry to the forums about being underpowered.

It's not the class bro, it's you.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/...al-with-it.gif

Plane Touched

The pig is not drawing agro from its DPS, its drawing agro from a skill.

A skill that can and should be turned off when someone else is MT.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssus View Post
    A skill that can and should be turned off when someone else is MT.
    Or... just set the rock ele to passive, pull it back and let the pig tank...it'd be fun to watch

+ Reply to Thread