+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GoS won't be nerfed

Telaran

Default GoS won't be nerfed

This ability is not an armor that lets you run all over the place. You cannot move. This is what a mage has always been in fantasy lore. A fearsome wielder of eldritch might casting from one spot. They are not carl lewis with a laser pistol. A dominator destroys a pyro mage in 6 to 7 seconds with mana drain as well as a VK. And yes damage kills you as well.

Telaran

Not sure if I agree completely, but... +1 for the Carl Lewis with a laser pistol!

Rift Disciple

I would also like to compliment on the oustanding mental image of Carl Lewis with a laser pistol. It was most excellent.

Telaran

The stun needs to have diminishing returns then it will be fine.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RPKOlsen View Post
    All CC needs to have diminishing returns then it will be fine.
    FTFY

/10char

Rift Chaser

* Burning Shield - New Ability: Consumes the mage's Ground spell to shield them in flames, absorbing damage. Lasts up to 30 seconds. While Burning Shield is active, the next Ground spell is instant-cast. Obtained at 6 points.

mmm...it may very well be comin

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    * Burning Shield - New Ability: Consumes the mage's Ground spell to shield them in flames, absorbing damage. Lasts up to 30 seconds. While Burning Shield is active, the next Ground spell is instant-cast. Obtained at 6 points.

mmm...it may very well be comin
    I think that would be better if the instant cast consumed the shield (it might do that, no idea tbh). That would allow Mages to 'pick up' their ground spell and be shielded while on the move, then lay it back down once they have picked their new spot.

I wonder if Spell Sunder will remove it.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    I think that would be better if the instant cast consumed the shield (it might do that, no idea tbh). That would allow Mages to 'pick up' their ground spell and be shielded while on the move, then lay it back down once they have picked their new spot.

I wonder if Spell Sunder will remove it.
    Probably.. When I go necro/lock ive yet to encounter any classes bubble I couldnt eat for mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    i spam the **** out of fulminate, in fact it's the only skill i need on my bar

<3 u fulminate

Telaran

I actually think GoS will be nerfed. Maybe not right now though. At the very least the stuns shouldn't proc from AoE or DoT ticks. That's pretty much pure cheese.

Random stuns in general usually end badly in games. It can be powerful, but it becomes the RNG winning or losing the fight for you and that's not the best way to play.

Even if it is my class. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm not too sure what to replace it with, but the random stun is dumb. I'd say the same for any other calling with them too.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cedworth View Post
    I actually think GoS will be nerfed. Maybe not right now though. At the very least the stuns shouldn't proc from AoE or DoT ticks. That's pretty much pure cheese.

Random stuns in general usually end badly in games. It can be powerful, but it becomes the RNG winning or losing the fight for you and that's not the best way to play.

Even if it is my class. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm not too sure what to replace it with, but the random stun is dumb. I'd say the same for any other calling with them too.
    being a mage i agree. random CC feels weird and can be frustrating for both ends.

+ Reply to Thread