+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will this turn into another Caster game ... Please no

Soulwalker

Default Will this turn into another Caster game ... Please no

The patch don't look to bad but do mages need more DPS am I missing something?

absolutely. My mage was gimped from 1-22ish. Having said that, I hear they are great at endgame, so maybe they just needed tweaking at lower levels. I want my mage competitive, but I don't want her outclassing everyone else at endgame either.
    Crosshair iv formula, AMD 1090t X6, H70 liquid cooling, XFX HD5970 Black, 4gb gskill flare, 60gb SSD, 1TB WD black, all wrapped in an AMD dragon sniper black case.......topped off with 3-22" LED's in Eyefinity.

Soulwalker

Well. If you have played level 50 warfronts, you wouldnt see it that way. Warriors atm can basically twoshot my caster (wich is a T2 WL/Chloro) and generally outdps casters easily. What they are doing, is taking the glasscannons (wich are being outdps'ed by Warriors/Rogues, out-armored by everyone, and getting tons of AoE silences and interrupts in their face constantly) and boosting their damage to be on par with what a caster should be more like..

And this might sound biased coming from a caster, but most warriors i've spoken with, reluctantly agrees. they can drop even another tank faster than a caster can at this point with the bugged Champ/para dualspec.

Rift Disciple

I believe warriors were having a slight DPS advantage over most mages, with rogues far ahead. As a result, you had warriors who could tank better, deal damage better, and overall control the flow of battle better and it's impossible for a mage to counter, unless you can somehow kite (Hard when you have global cooldown and casting times for any spell worthwhile), along with a lack of crowd control.

It's going to go from lolsabodpswarriors to ohgodmagesgetvoidknights.

Mage dps is now where warrior dps is on Alpha. I.e., 800's to low 900's with rogues bring up the rear. They will probably be boosted a bit to reach the warriors and mages now. Ranged rogues(ranger/marksman) still suck.
    Last edited by Comunique; 03-24-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

There's no question that our DPS was lacking by comparison. This coupled with the fact that we had no way of keeping distance in PvP is what was the route of people being annoyed. Hopefully this slight boost will help even the gap.

Soulwalker

Mages were struggling to get 800 dps while Warriors had no trouble hitting 900+, while wearing plate

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Runningmad View Post
    The patch don't look to bad but do mages need more DPS am I missing something?
    You're missing something. With the exception of warlock DoTs (because they're ****ing DoTs), end-game mage DPS shoots through the roof.

+ Reply to Thread