+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radiant Spores

Soulwalker

Default Radiant Spores

Anyone else than me that thinks that the Radiant Spore spell should be changed abit so that its a 100% chance to proc, but it procs for less %dmg dealt.

This chance wouldn't change the overall amount of healing done, but it would remove the random chance on it.

Sure its nice how it is now that sometimes it procs many times in a row, but I would prefer if it would heal on all hits like the clerics buff thingie (can't remember what it's called)

With the new patch Radiant Spores will be 10% chance to proc (16% with some points specced)

If it could be changed to always proc but for 10%(16%) of the amount of damage done it would be much better. And then change how the Stream of something something works so that while channeling it, it would increase the amount it heals for instead of the proc chance.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sillva View Post
    Anyone else than me that thinks that the Radiant Spore spell should be changed abit so that its a 100% chance to proc, but it procs for less %dmg dealt.

This chance wouldn't change the overall amount of healing done, but it would remove the random chance on it.

Sure its nice how it is now that sometimes it procs many times in a row, but I would prefer if it would heal on all hits like the clerics buff thingie (can't remember what it's called)

With the new patch Radiant Spores will be 10% chance to proc (16% with some points specced)

If it could be changed to always proc but for 10%(16%) of the amount of damage done it would be much better. And then change how the Stream of something something works so that while channeling it, it would increase the amount it heals for instead of the proc chance.
    In the new patch Radiant Spores have a 100% to proc with 10% dmg as heal (16% with talents) <_<

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ro-patch-notes
    Last edited by Sonho; 03-24-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Gig

Quote Originally Posted by Sonho View Post
    In the new patch Radiant Spores have a 100% to proc with 10% dmg as heal (16% with talents) <_<

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ro-patch-notes
    * Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
    * Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.
    One of the 'Z' Bros - coined by Shakura

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gig View Post
    * Radiant Spores: Now has a base chance to proc of 10%.
    * Phytogenesis: Now increases the chance for Radiant Spores to proc by 2-6%.
    say you do 100 dmg on each cast

a base chance at 100% for 10% healing = +10 heal
    = +100 heal

a base chance at 10% for 100% healing = +0 heal
    a base chance at 10% for 100% healing = +100 heal
    =+100 heal

I think they were alerting you in a way of a joke or that the two could come out similar if you could trust statistics. Either way the second version can pay off more because it can happen more often because of flukes. There is a 1/40 chance of getting in a car wreck every time you are in a car if you trust statistics and guess what, I wasn't wrecked in the last 40 times I rode in a car so it can also be non eventful as much as eventful for stats.
    Last edited by Fernt; 03-25-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Rift Disciple

From a PvE standpoint, I'd rather 100% to get a 16% heal. Leaving healing up to the RNG is a terrible idea.
    PvP, sure, you probably want those bursts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkard View Post
    From a PvE standpoint, I'd rather 100% to get a 16% heal. Leaving healing up to the RNG is a terrible idea.
    PvP, sure, you probably want those bursts.
    This man speaks wisely. If you leave healing to RNG, your group will wipe each time you do something at the edge of your abilities and don't get lucky. I don't know anyone who'd want to grind a boss until they got lucky. It would hardly feel like an accomplishment.

That said, spores does seem somewhat useful even in its random state with multiple targets.

Soulwalker

It's true that when facing many opponents and having dots up on them it doesnt matter much if the proc chance is low since it pretty much evens itself out over time.

But the problem arises when one has to be "lucky" when using high dmg spells with long cooldowns and you just have to hope that the spores actually procs. If it were a 100% proc chance and heal for lower amount each proc, this problem would be gone and healing in general would be much less random...

It's like Trutanen said, noone wants to rely on RNG when fighting bosses and wipe lots of times just because they were unlucky with procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillva View Post

few things
    1. I agree
    2. Its bugged,doesnt affect pets, atleast elementalist ones
    3. Instead of doing what most people want Trion is going the opposite way and lowering the chance even further, as you know having a 15% chance to be healed for 100 for 10 secs was WAY OP
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

"Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

The Code of Druss the Legend

Rift Chaser

I say it again because I can't stand people trying (and failing) to be disingenuous: If you want a no-brainer HoT, just ask for a no-brainer HoT.

A spell that procs 100% of the time and heals is nothing but a HoT. I need health? Just spam instants and get guaranteed heals.

And with a 100% proc chance, you realize it'd prolly be a requirement to have a cooldown that lasts longer than it's duration so it would not remain up 100% of the time like it can now?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
    I say it again because I can't stand people trying (and failing) to be disingenuous: If you want a no-brainer HoT, just ask for a no-brainer HoT.

A spell that procs 100% of the time and heals is nothing but a HoT. I need health? Just spam instants and get guaranteed heals.

And with a 100% proc chance, you realize it'd prolly be a requirement to have a cooldown that lasts longer than it's duration so it would not remain up 100% of the time like it can now?
    We don't want nobrainer hots. We don't want random heals. We want reliability in healing.

Spamming instants requires gcd:s. Also requires that those instants do some damage because the healing amount is tied directly to the damage.

Why would it have that requirement? 10% chance for 100% heal and 100% chance for 10% heal both heal exactly the same amount over time (on the average). It is certainly not more powerful one way than the other way. Not many people just want to get unlucky with healing and that is why this discussion is out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post

So you think it would be a good idea to give Bloom a 20% chance to heal 5 times it's current damage. Cool...

Healing that REQUIRES you to get lucky to get any effect out of it is just a bad mechanic.
    30% was borderline useful. 16% is a joke.

50% chance to heal 32% of the damage - sure thing. There's still a random element bt you're not putting all your bets on 0 all the ime.
    Tired of wading through vast rivers of tears? Use this awesome forum feature!

Shadowlander not.my.spec@gmail.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panduss View Post
    Healing that REQUIRES you to get lucky to get any effect out of it is just a bad mechanic.
    30% was borderline useful. 16% is a joke.
    Keep in mind the new chloro-specific greater essence requires spores to be up in order to increase the damage of Vile Spores, overall it should be a healing increase to keep RS up, especially if you're using Ruin as a short cool-down heal rather then part of the rotation. With the increase in base damage for all Chloro abilities and buff to withering vines we'll start seeing RS as a bonus proc to pad AE healing, rather than a necessary mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by not.my.spec@gmail.com View Post
    Keep in mind the new chloro-specific greater essence requires spores to be up in order to increase the damage of Vile Spores, overall it should be a healing increase to keep RS up
    I don't mind a mechanic that requires some thought or *gasp* skill to manage, provided it is somewhat reliable.

Shadowlander not.my.spec@gmail.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panduss View Post
    I don't mind a mechanic that requires some thought or *gasp* skill to manage, provided it is somewhat reliable.
    No different than keeping up Judgement of Light in WoW back in Ulduar. I think the spell might be gone now?

The spell isn't going to shine in a burst heal setting like hylas, once we start seeing some room-wide DoT effects the importance of Radiant Spores will be more obvious.

RS just shouldn't be relied on to heal for you, just to pad.

Assuming that Veil does ineed "heal intelligently", which I haven't tried to confirm, yet, RS would shine when there ARE more than 5 people requiring heals from Veil.

In this case, every RS heal would mean that the Veil can shift to another, more deserving target because "this one" has just become less critical.

For solo AOE play it would be less of a god mode spell but somehow I'm getting the impression that this was not intended in the first place. =P

Moreso, with the "increased mage damage" (by an unknown quantity), the Chloro would overall become a more reliable healer with less randomness from RS.
    Last edited by Panduss; 03-26-2011 at 01:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast