+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stormcaller Uses?

Shadowlander

Default Stormcaller Uses?

Hey everyone, I switched into a stormcaller/nec/elem spec at level 22 and couldn't make head or tails of whats it's use is. The whole spec seems to be 1/2 direct damage abilities the other 1/2 AoE but neither seemed strong enough to hold it's ground against say pyro's direct damage or necro AoE. I feel I'm probably just missing something.

My question is what is the best use of the stormcaller spec? Is it PvE, PvP, AoE, Direct Damage? Please enlighten me!

Rift Master

It fits pvp or pve.

epic aoe.

great in pvp and pve
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Plane Touched

I haven't messed around too much with warlock yet, but I feel it would probably be a better choice in place of either of the pet souls. Seeing as you can only use one pet at a given time, you are effectively wasting half the potential of the soul. Okay maybe not half, but enough that something else would be a better choice - maybe even chloro.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynne View Post
    I haven't messed around too much with warlock yet, but I feel it would probably be a better choice in place of either of the pet souls. Seeing as you can only use one pet at a given time, you are effectively wasting half the potential of the soul. Okay maybe not half, but enough that something else would be a better choice - maybe even chloro.
    warlock up to opportunity is great for any calling which relies on long cast time nukes. it seems to fit the least with stormcaller so far, since i have only seen a few long cast time (2.5) spells, and those are snares. you are usually intended to lead off with these instead of casting them when something is eating your face.

elementalist with 5 points gets you 5% crit and a tank pet that is a useful speedbump till around 30 (so i have heard). also lightning bolt (reportedly the highest coefficient spell in game) is boosted by air damage talents in storm caller - i have gotten 200 pt crits with it as early as lvl 14.
    Last edited by jennytwotone; 03-26-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Shadowlander

Stormcaller is some epic PvE AoE, and potentially good in PvP with all of its snares and knockbacks. I haven't tried that though so I'm reserving judgment. I will say there's not much good in more than 33-38 stormcaller unless you really want that battle rez.

I like Stormcaller/Elementalist/Archon, at low levels you have a speed bump of a pet and at higher levels you have enough points to grab Exhilaration/Leeching Flames and put out a couple nice auras while you blow things up. From there you can get more Elem for greater pets and a couple more AoEs, or stack Archon for more support.

+ Reply to Thread