+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elem/SC/Dom

Soulwalker

Default Elem/SC/Dom

I enjoy playing a heavy elementalist ( I mostly solo and dungeon on occasion) . Is sc and dom the best souls to play with an elementalist. Can someone show some of there talent builds. I am currently level 31 and trying to figure out exactly which direction I want to go. Thanks for any suggestions

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by irav222 View Post
    I enjoy playing a heavy elementalist ( I mostly solo and dungeon on occasion) . Is sc and dom the best souls to play with an elementalist. Can someone show some of there talent builds. I am currently level 31 and trying to figure out exactly which direction I want to go. Thanks for any suggestions
    For soloing SC is a little lackluster till later. I use a Lock/Ele/Chrlo build. The self heals are too strong not to have at least 10 points in lock. I heard Archon 11 points for leaching flames with a big chloro is pretty strong too.

For dungeons SC/Elem are very very smooth together they blend with either a heavy elem build or a heavy SC build, but your mana will run dry. There are good third trees, but I prefer 11 points in Archon for the crit return and leeching flames (the single best mana plus dps return in the game).

I play SC/Elem/Archon - 32/11/23 for Greater Air Elemental.
    Deathdoor of Tearfall - 5/51/10 Pyro/Archon/Dom, 33/33/0 Necro/Lock/Archon, 30/26/10 Lock/Chloro/Dom, 8/51/8 Chloro/Elementalist/Warlock

Ele/Lock/Archon = solo instances
    ~Mjollnir - Dwarf Mage
    ~ NÓridhrien - High Elf Ranger (in your warfronts, hiding from warriors)

Knowledge and sorrow oft walk hand-in-hand.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Backus View Post
    For dungeons SC/Elem are very very smooth together they blend with either a heavy elem build or a heavy SC build, but your mana will run dry.
    That depends on how disciplined you are about Revitalize after each combat. If you're always missing it because of chain-pulling, then yes, it can be a problem.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
    That depends on how disciplined you are about Revitalize after each combat. If you're always missing it because of chain-pulling, then yes, it can be a problem.
    I am talking about during an extended fight. You will run out of mana quickly with a SC/Elem/Dom build. In approx 2-3 minutes you will be down to wanding while waiting. That makes the build non-viable unless you want to do the whole 10 second drain your pet while doing no damage. But that's only available in a deep elem build.

So I can either stop damaging to regain mana - wand while waiting for mana - or spec 11 points into archon for leaching flames and 2.5 percent mana return on crits. Any other questions?
    Deathdoor of Tearfall - 5/51/10 Pyro/Archon/Dom, 33/33/0 Necro/Lock/Archon, 30/26/10 Lock/Chloro/Dom, 8/51/8 Chloro/Elementalist/Warlock

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NÓridhrien View Post
    Ele/Lock/Archon = solo instances
    Why Archon over Chloro? Chloro seems a little better for healing, though you don't get the Archon mana return.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Backus View Post
    I am talking about during an extended fight. You will run out of mana quickly with a SC/Elem/Dom build. In approx 2-3 minutes you will be down to wanding while waiting.
    Mana potion cool down is 3 minutes. And I think the number is north of 3 unless you're having to AoE half the time - with how powerful our AoE is, that'd have to be a seriously tough encounter. I never had to potion for any boss fights in regular dungeons. I've had to use a potion once in T1 so far.

Not to mention, you could have Improved Mana Wrench at 13 Dom.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
    Mana potion cool down is 3 minutes. And I think the number is north of 3 unless you're having to AoE half the time - with how powerful our AoE is, that'd have to be a seriously tough encounter. I never had to potion for any boss fights in regular dungeons. I've had to use a potion once in T1 so far.

Not to mention, you could have Improved Mana Wrench at 13 Dom.
    13 points in mana wrench means no 51 points in elementalist or only 2 points in SC. The best question

Is Improved mana wrench better than Leeching flames plus 2.5 percent return on crit from archon? True you gain the poly, but is the mana return better? Remember with Leeching flames you can use other dps attacks while it's ticking back with mana wrench you just sit there and drain it's one attack and one mana return.

I tried it, but i could weave Leeching in significantly easier than I could mana wrench. I am not against it, but I just wonder if it's a loss.

Soulwalker

can anyone post a link of their build. I was thinking of archon but chose dom in the beginning. Mayb i will drop dom and try archon

+ Reply to Thread