+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What PvE Chloro build do you plan to use after the patch?

Champion of Telara

Default What PvE Chloro build do you plan to use after the patch?

Do you think 3/3 Phyto will be worth it?

I am considering a 34 Chloro / 30 Lock / 2 Archon build. What are you guys thinking?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Touched

I am going to experiment with a full out 51 Chloro / 15 Warlock / 0 Archon build. I am really liking the 44 and 51 pt abilities from the Chloro tree for experts.

Sword of Telara

44/22/0 Elemental/Chloro/Dom

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oxkAtz.xdIza0M

Just for fun. Actually can do larger heals faster with the 50% damage boost 31 point skill intensify elements. Warlock has 20% spell damage, Elementalist has 15%. Opportunity is definitely nice, but most of the time it just overheals. The elemental adds up for more far more dps than chloro/lock and Exposure adds 7% magical damage which is the same as 7% boost, so it actually surpasses Lock damage boosts. But hey, FOTM it up. The only thing it misses out on is 25% heal bonus to synthesis, but honestly, I think it evens out with the crit bonus and other perks. Try it out instead of the same old same old.

Soulwalker

Default For PvE

Storm/Chlor/Archon - Something along these lines

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...tbzcodo.xdhhMi

Champion of Telara

anyone else?

Plane Touched

Chloro/necro/dom most likely so I still have a CC option if needed and necro has better mana management than Warlock. Also with- I think 18 points into necro you get a good Heal over time you can throw in on your tank every 8 seconds or so to add to your healing. I also like soul purge- 16 pt necro for a good "oh ****" button if needed for pvp/pve.

Champion

for what, just running around doing quests or healing an instance?

healing im still gonna go with my 32chloro 28 archon 4 elemental

pve questing i like my 15 chloro 17 archon 33sc

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    for what, just running around doing quests or healing an instance?
    5-man and raid PvE healing

Champion

If you plan on healing raids you should really pick up Neddra's Essence and Shadow Life. Sometimes it's not about how much healing you can do, but how good you are at not dying.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    If you plan on healing raids you should really pick up Neddra's Essence and Shadow Life. Sometimes it's not about how much healing you can do, but how good you are at not dying.
    Would this work?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ckoo.xx0G0Vqxo Chloromancer (31) / Warlock (32) / Dominator (0)
    Last edited by Brad1959; 03-27-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Champion of Telara

I don't have Phyto in the build above (It linked wrong and I put 2 oints in archo that did not show up) , but I am not sure it will be worth it after the patch.

Here is my build with Phyto:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ckoo.xx0G0Vqxo
    Last edited by Brad1959; 03-27-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    44/22/0 Elemental/Chloro/Dom

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...oxkAtz.xdIza0M

Just for fun. Actually can do larger heals faster with the 50% damage boost 31 point skill intensify elements. Warlock has 20% spell damage, Elementalist has 15%. Opportunity is definitely nice, but most of the time it just overheals. The elemental adds up for more far more dps than chloro/lock and Exposure adds 7% magical damage which is the same as 7% boost, so it actually surpasses Lock damage boosts. But hey, FOTM it up. The only thing it misses out on is 25% heal bonus to synthesis, but honestly, I think it evens out with the crit bonus and other perks. Try it out instead of the same old same old.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but this won't work. Intensify Elements specifies that it boosts only Elemental Damage (Air, Water, Earth, Fire), Life and Death-based effects are not affected.

Personally, I'm sticking with my current setup, for experts at least: 34 Archon | 32 Chloro | 0 Dom

I don't know where Call to Arms comes from (warrior?) but someone in my normal group has it, so I may be pulling ~4 points from Archon and putting them into most likely Elementalist for an armor/crit chance, once Ashen Defense will stack with it. These points will probably come from Martyr's Solace, since that talent seems kinda lackluster once Consuming Flames does 0 damage to the caster. 2 points in Swift Thoughts (-3min CD on mental flare) is huge overkill in this build unless you have a cleric who always needs mana, I use it on CD as is, but I feel like I waste some of the output every other cast. Leeching Flames and Exhilaration is plenty to keep your mana at or near full, Living Shell is honestly a waste but I'd take that over going 5/5 in Call of Spring for emergencies. Rising Vengeance is the other place with flexible points, I wouldn't spend many there if you dont have alot of time to DPS. The rest is really straight forward, I'd be happy to explain anything that seems out of the ordinary.
    Last edited by stock; 03-27-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Soulwalker

I'll probably use the same spec I'm using now: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zrz.gdIuoVckoo

+ Reply to Thread