+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are Pyro Mages the best type of mage in PvP? So far I think so!

Soulwalker

Default Are Pyro Mages the best type of mage in PvP? So far I think so!

I have been playing a Pyro mage since Rift came out and I find it to be a very lethal Soul to go with in PvP. You get so many instant casts spells which helps you become a little more mobile than some other soul's, a Disarm ability, 8 second root that can be trained for instant cast, Lock down (A AoE Snare) and Heat Wave! Heat Wave is amazing! Did I also mention you get a "blink" spell?

Of course it all depends on your play style but I personally feel that Pyro is one of the best PvP builds a Mage can use right now.

However, I've only really ever played with Pyro so I could be way off. I do know that looking at the Warlock soul it also appears great for PvP.

But basically I created this post because so many people tell me that Pyro sucks. Since about lvl 20 and using Pyro I have been in the top 3 spots in Warfronts for Damage, Kills, and Killing blows. I'm now almost lvl 40 and I continue to do very well 1 vs 1 with Pyro. Even 2 vs 1 as I normally Sheep one and attack the other, kill him and then proceed to kill the other player I just sheeped. Of course if 3-5 people target me at once I'm toast but other than that I feel Pyro is amazing and the talents you seem to get work very well in PvP for most fights you might encounter.

If you have found a Mage Soul that you think works well in PvP please share it with me. I'd like to try out some different souls for mages but just reading what the skills do, I haven't found any that sound better at least yet.

no one ever said that pyro sucks in PvP...

especially after level 44

maybe you are getting PvP confused with PvE

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    no one ever said that pyro sucks in PvP...

especially after level 44
    maybe you are getting PvP confused with PvE
    Many people did in beta. They had me convinced that pyros were the worse class in pvp. I had to find out for myself and boy were they wrong.

Soulwalker

I still hear that Pyro sucks but again to me it's ownz

Telaran

Pyro is insanely powerful and stupidly easy PvP-wise compared to the other mages. Survivability AND nifty burst? Yes please. My pyro build has half the binds of my domi/chloro to boot...

Rift Disciple

Nah, I think 44Warlock/22Archmage is better. You will see that.
    Conan
    Ashstone Guardian Mage

Gig

Pyro is much much much more burst damage in pvp. Personally i dislike full pyro, its very plain and boring compared to dom/pyro. The control is much better and the burst off a squirrel is very sexy.

Now lock/arch is pretty redonk for survivability. The damage they do is decent with dots but they arn't going to be doing any fast BOOM BOOM POW damage. But they sure as hell will live longer lol. Specially if you end up going soul purge spec. Which can be hella dumb
    One of the 'Z' Bros - coined by Shakura

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gig View Post
    Pyro is much much much more burst damage in pvp. Personally i dislike full pyro, its very plain and boring compared to dom/pyro. The control is much better and the burst off a squirrel is very sexy.

Now lock/arch is pretty redonk for survivability. The damage they do is decent with dots but they arn't going to be doing any fast BOOM BOOM POW damage. But they sure as hell will live longer lol. Specially if you end up going soul purge spec. Which can be hella dumb
    Nah, 44Lock/22Arch does have BOOM BOOM POW dmg, you will see that
    Conan
    Ashstone Guardian Mage

Gig

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogance Conan View Post
    Nah, 44Lock/22Arch does have BOOM BOOM POW dmg, you will see that
    I dont see a lock beating my 3k CB followed by a 2k CD followed by a 2k Inferno.

BTWWWW Link yo spec.
    Last edited by Gig; 03-24-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    One of the 'Z' Bros - coined by Shakura

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gig View Post
    I dont see a lock beating my 3k CB followed by a 2k CD followed by a 2k Inferno.

BTWWWW Link yo spec.
    Oh...My...God! 2K CD+2K Inferno?
    That Pyro must be gearing with T8 or even T9, doesnt he?
    Warlock can do dots dmg and when your target HP less than 40% and you have that 10% crit chance buff with you or even an opportunity for a Void bolt, then just Dark fury+Draining Bolt+Lethargy
    Conan
    Ashstone Guardian Mage

Rift Disciple
    Conan
    Ashstone Guardian Mage

Champion of Telara

ground of "lets put cc immunity and damage reduc on one skill yo... nonono, not good enough! need to give them 30% chance to stun everyone else as well! zomg, perfect! oh wait... not good enugh, DEFINATELY NEED TO BUFF!!! wooo perrrrrfect now"
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    ground of "lets put cc immunity and damage reduc on one skill yo... nonono, not good enough! need to give them 30% chance to stun everyone else as well! zomg, perfect! oh wait... not good enugh, DEFINATELY NEED TO BUFF!!! wooo perrrrrfect now"
    Only thing said for ground spells is:
    Ground of Power: Now obtained at 6 points

Where did they say anything about buffing Ground of Strength?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    Powerful spell, deep in a soul tree, powerful disadvantage.

Rift Chaser

Pyro is not "the best" PvP mage type. They are the *only* type that won't get roflstomped automatically.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast