+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator Question

Shield of Telara

Default Dominator Question

Mass Exhaustion - Is this spell working as intended, or is it bugged? I was under the assumption that I could cast this ae mezz on a grp of mobs, then have a tank tag one of them and only break the mezz effect on the mob damaged.

Atm, any damage to any of the mobs breaks the entire effect. I have a build atm at level 37 of 32 Dom/17 SC...has anyone figured out a good rotation for perhaps splitting these mobs and being able to pull one at a time and utilizing Mass Exhaustion?

I think I am going to try a poly on the ranged, and then arctic blast on the mobs running at me, then ae mezz? If anyone has figured out the best way to do this, please let me know.

Rift Disciple

Great question. I honestly don't know. From my experience mez's and confuses don't really work on non-players as effectively as I'd hope. They ignore some of the effects that make it useful in pvp. What or why, I do not know.

The dominator tree is kind of a messy tree. Some abilities work great on mobs and some work great on players. Some don't even work on mobs and some really don't even work on players.

If you're doing large pulls with another player and you are a Dom then you have several options available to you depending on the circumstances. Arresting presence will make anything with a blue bar cake. Reflective presence can also be useful.

I assume you are running with some sort of tank. If not, then your options become fairly limited fairly quickly.

If you are running with a tank, then putting charged shield on the tank will help him keep agro and deal a fair amount of damage. You might want to consider using Chloro as your secondary. Putting radiant spores on a group of melee's beating on a tank with charged shield heals for a fair amount. If your tank is a reaver then AoE Radiant Spores is the only heal you'll need to cast. Radiant Spores is getting nerfed on the alfa server so we'll have to see if it is still effective later though.

Transmography the ranged mob is obvious. If it is a caster then arresting presence on the back caster will round up every caster you have in the pull since it is AoE.

Grasping Void will snare for 75% if there are 5 mobs. Just an idea. Storm callers will have better snares and roots though.

I hope this helps.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jayfer View Post
    Great question. I honestly don't know. From my experience mez's and confuses don't really work on non-players as effectively as I'd hope. They ignore some of the effects that make it useful in pvp. What or why, I do not know.

The dominator tree is kind of a messy tree. Some abilities work great on mobs and some work great on players. Some don't even work on mobs and some really don't even work on players.

If you're doing large pulls with another player and you are a Dom then you have several options available to you depending on the circumstances. Arresting presence will make anything with a blue bar cake. Reflective presence can also be useful.

I assume you are running with some sort of tank. If not, then your options become fairly limited fairly quickly.

If you are running with a tank, then putting charged shield on the tank will help him keep agro and deal a fair amount of damage. You might want to consider using Chloro as your secondary. Putting radiant spores on a group of melee's beating on a tank with charged shield heals for a fair amount. If your tank is a reaver then AoE Radiant Spores is the only heal you'll need to cast. Radiant Spores is getting nerfed on the alfa server so we'll have to see if it is still effective later though.

Transmography the ranged mob is obvious. If it is a caster then arresting presence on the back caster will round up every caster you have in the pull since it is AoE.

Grasping Void will snare for 75% if there are 5 mobs. Just an idea. Storm callers will have better snares and roots though.

I hope this helps.
    I appreciate your reply, but not entirely what I am asking.

I see 5 elite mobs lets say in KB when I am lvl 33, since the blue gear that drops is required 33. Everyone else in grp is 33. 5 lvl 33's trying to AoE plow KB is difficult, unless you utilize CC.

I want to split those mobs so we get 2 at a time, and cc 3. The way Mass Exhaustion is functioning currently does not allow me to cast it first, then tag 1 mob with a thunderbolt to pull just him. As soon as I TB the one, the mezz effect breaks on the other 4. I find this hard to believe that this is how this spell is inteded to work. Does Bard's AoE mezz behave the same way? If so, then maybe this is the inteded result.

+ Reply to Thread