+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vines question for chloro

Shadowlander

Default Vines question for chloro

Does the vine effect stack if on other mobs?
    In other words, let's say that the vine heals for 25.
    If I cast vine on 4 mobs, does that end up healing for 100 or only 25?

During multiple pulls and there is a lot of damage but no spike damage risk, I've often cast vines on every mob and noticed my groups health remained stable.

Thanks!

if each vine heals for 25 and you place vines on 4 mobs then you will see

each tick

Soulwalker

And this is why in multiple mob pulls I threw out WV on every mob right after RS was out.

Shadowlander

Aye. That's what I thought. I always hear people say vines is a waste of time to cast but I find it useful when there's multiple mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by RpTheHotrod View Post
    Aye. That's what I thought. I always hear people say vines is a waste of time to cast but I find it useful when there's multiple mobs.
    The "waste" has always been about the small heals from vine relative to the cast time. Time which can be better spent healing through direct damage... cast it on 4 mobs and that takes you 6 seconds. The healing from it wouldn't even be close to what you'd get from even 3 lowly vile spores,... much less one nature's touch + one nature's fury + 1 Ruin if they're not on CD.

With the healing increase in the next patch I guess we'll have to wait and see how worthwhile it'll be but its 1.5s cast time will always be a problem especially in PvP. If it were instant cast (or could become instant by adding as one of the spells that become instant with slipstream) then we're talking about a truly useful ability. Chloros, just like most other mage souls, need more instant abilities.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    if each vine heals for 25 and you place vines on 4 mobs then you will see

each tick
    Actually this is incorrect. Let's change the scenario for clarification. You cast withering vines on a single mob. It will heal for
    25 and 15 immediately then
    etc.

The 15 is from Lifegiving Veil which heals 60% of the damage done off of the first tick of any life damaging Dot.

It doesn't matter though. Withering Vine will only heal for about 4-5% of your total heals even if you make a concentrated effort to keep it on mobs. Vile Spores, Ruin, Nature's Fury, and Nature's Touch are much better use of your global cooldowns and casts.

+ Reply to Thread