+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chloro Guide and Macros lrn2support

Plane Touched

Default Chloro Guide and Macros lrn2support

First of all you chloromancers that think we're getting such a huge nerf stop whining. Between you and ranged magic warriors crying about their stupid long range fire bolt thing you honestly make me very sad. Stop worrying about ***** foot moves like Radiant Spores and Vine. Radiant is a pull opener. I'm still out on vine until 1.1

Also - Stop going more than 32-34 points in the tree. There's honestly very little benefit. You can still use two oh **** buttons if you really need them but all those extra points can honestly go elsewhere since we have no talents or passives that increase healing OR damage. If you really really want to solo heal go 30 into warlock. There's a lot of damage and spell power talents there and the occasional instant cast can really assist in healing. But just for comparison's sake I do about 10 more damage per Vile Spore with 30 in warlock than I do with 30 in Archon AND you don't support the entire party just myself. The warlock build itself may be more useful in PvP when the extra 10% endurance comes in handy.

I strongly strongly suggest some if not all 3 points in Raised in Nature. I can't tell you how many times, in expert dungeons especially, when I am not at full health and a boss charges or does some other stupid thing that somehow manages to crit and floors me. Use 5k hp as a marker and go from there. If you can manage 5k with 2 points the more power to you. Any less than that and you're asking for serious trouble.

Just thought I'd help out my fellow SUPPORT magi because that's ultimately what we're good at.

Chloro macro when the tank is in trouble OR it's a very heal heavy fight -

cast Nature's Fury (Remove if worried about pulling extra groups)
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Ruin
    cast Corrosion (If you like standing in melee)
    cast Vile Spores

Archon macro for the rest of the time -

cast Consuming Flames
    cast Leeching Flames
    cast Earthen Barrage
    cast Volcanic Bomb
    cast Nature's Fury (High damage AOE, Optional)
    cast Lightning Strike (4 points in ele for 4% crit, personal preference)
    cast Ruin
    cast Pillaging Stone

Saved me about 12 slots on my bar. These are not end all macros by any means. If your party is pretty settled and things are easy, these two buttons (and all your buffs obviously) will be all you need to get through a dungeon.

Particular Moves -

NATURE'S FURY
    In situations less set and easy still have an action bar ready and hotkeys set so that you can use your four healing attacks without a macro. Also - Take note that Nature's Fury has a huge range after initial contact with an enemy. It can and will pull extra groups just outside of aggro range.

ROCK SLIDE
    After your initial six stacks you only need to use this move for one tick before switching back to your normal attacks. The damage on this move is not high enough to be useful for more than that.

MENTAL FLARE
    You'll never really need this for yourself. Very useful on healers new to experts or specific cleric builds that are mana intensive or don't have a mana regen CD of their own. You need one point in this, even if you don't use it often. The CD reduction is optional.

LAVA FIELD
    The problem with lava field, while useful in theory, is that any tiny healing effect will remove one stack. If you're using Vines or if you're standing in melee with Corrosion this move's added effect is mostly useless. Points in this talent are just as useless.

BLOOM & FLOURISH
    The only times you're going to use these are at peak moments when someone or the party is taking more damage than both the healers can immediately deal with. Talented, which they should be, they are instant and useful on the go which makes running to someone out of range to heal them ultimately easier for you.

FLARING POWER
    I used this for a while. The thing about cool downs as long as this is that you'll wait an entire dungeon length to use it. Generally, if your group is doing well, you'll never need it. Saving those two extra points from Archon will give you two points to put elsewhere. I put them in the Elementalist tree for extra crit chance.

For "main" healers:

VOID LIFE & NATURAL SPLENDOR
    Okay so going 51 points in Chloro isn't TOTALLY useless. I get that. Void does massive AOE damage and Splendor is another "oh ****" button that you can use. If you really really like Chloro and absolutely have to go 51 points in, go for it, but these spells have very limited functionality on two minute cool downs. You're better off giving your party more buffs, stronger attacks, and supporting the main healer. Even if you never cast an archon move other than to buff yourself in slow moments you're still adding about 50 to everyone's stats, 40 to their resistances, and 500 armor. Keeping those buffs up is also reducing your mana usage, cast time, and damage by 8%.

But that's just me.

I've decided to roll a mage alt, so have a couple of questions, in extended fights how do you manage your mana without the use of warlock? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    I've decided to roll a mage alt, so have a couple of questions, in extended fights how do you manage your mana without the use of warlock? Thanks!
    Living Shell (Chloro tree) and Exhilaration (Archon tree) are all you really need. Mental Flare (Archon tree) can also be nice but mostly I use it on others or myself after a death. There are a couple of other talents in either tree for mana purposes as well but I have never found the need to take them (Empathic Bond, Leeching Flames, Efficiency).

I didn't go Archon until much later though and I also suggest to you that until you are comfortable with Chloro that you stick with Warlock as your second soul. At the very least, you won't be able to take the mana talents in the other trees until later but can get Sacrifice Life: Mana very early.
    Last edited by Alice Wonderbra; 03-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Champion

i swtiched from chlorolock to chlorocon and couldnt be happier, mana is never an issue, i dont even have a point into living shell, its just not needed.

i would say chlorolock is better for pvp, opportunity gives better mobility, if you get manaleached you can sac life/mana then use livingshell to get your mana back and youll have warlock armor for reflect damage and healing and more hit points.

for PVE though wow, chlorocon really supprised me. i thought it would be better buffwise, but maybe loose out on raw HPS/DPS. i was wrong, i actualy parsed 20 dps higher chlorocon than chlorolock. might not sound like much but thats actually close to a 10% improvement!

on top of more HPS i provide vastly better buffs for the goup, never waste a GCD on mana regen, it just happens, increases my direct heals ALOT, provides me with a damage shield to put on someone, and a aoe cleanse to boot.

Shadowlander

Chloro/Archon is mostly a build that should be used in a situation where you outclass the current content. In that kind of a situation you can spare the GCDs to drop group temp buffs/more nukes.

But when you're in a situation where you're solo healing and every GCD is being used to keep someone alive you really can't possibly compete with chloro/warlock, especially when you properly use Entropic Veil and warlock excess charge.

Warlock is also a much better sub for ensuring the chloro's own survival. I run around with nearly 7k hp in parties. That lets me soak 2 hits, even tank for the duration of my timers on bosses because I shoot up to nearly 11k hp and 90% mit. If the tank ever does go down I can battle res while blowing my tank timers and usually the group will stabilize in that 10ish second window of tankmage.

I wish they'd make they'd make archon a bit more competitive myself, but I just don't see it.
    Of course I'd like to see every mage sub made competitive against warlock. Personally I wish I could be Chloro/Elem.

Telaran

The only problem I've found with Chloro/Archon is after a death. This isn't a design problem or anything, nothing needs to be changed. But, if you're learning a new encounter or wiping on a boss for whatever reason, chances are you will not have time to get all your buffs going during the boss fight. If you have 3 more packs of trash before a boss, then sure you have enough time to fully get your buffs up. That is the only reason I find Chloro/Warlock a better build.

Also, by the time your group is geared enough to allow for casting archon spells instead of chloro, the archon buffs aren't needed. I always end up going back to chloro/warlock....I'm also lazy though so your mileage may vary.

Champion

why wouldnt you cast your archon buffs before the fight starts. i agree with the survivability aspect but if GCD's are so important, ask yourself how many times your casting living shell. replace living shell with leeching flames wich does damage and heals.

warlock on paper looks like it should output more heals but when i tested it it didnt. i hear neddras influence doesnt affect natures corrosion and that may be why but i think it also has to do with the hard to quantify benefits of power/speed in numbers and the massive INT bonus you get from PS/RS.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    why wouldnt you cast your archon buffs before the fight starts. i agree with the survivability aspect but if GCD's are so important, ask yourself how many times your casting living shell. replace living shell with leeching flames wich does damage and heals.

warlock on paper looks like it should output more heals but when i tested it it didnt. i hear neddras influence doesnt affect natures corrosion and that may be why but i think it also has to do with the hard to quantify benefits of power/speed in numbers and the massive INT bonus you get from PS/RS.
    Not sure if you've ever played archon, but with a chloro/archon build there are 4 buffs you can use out of combat. All 4 of them buff your group and debuff you.

In order to get a decent benefit from archon, you would need to cast the following:
    Pillaging stone X 5 separate casts
    A full channel of Rock slide..also consuming most of your charge
    Ashen Defense
    Crumbling resistance
    Searing vitality

This is assuming you're starting from scratch, afterwards you only need to use pillaging stone once before the 5 mins expires as well as one tick of rock slide, and then the 7 other buffs.

I just respecced from chloro/archon to chloro/warlock and ran expert AP. I saw bigger dmg numbers on all 3 of my chloro direct damage spells, making me heal for even more than when I had all my archon buffs up.
    Not only that but when having to reapply archon buffs, you are healing for a fraction the amount as an equivalent chloro dd, since they are not life dmg spells.

This is just my experience...I have gone back and forth from chloro/warlock to chloro/archon 3 times so far and always come back to chloro/warlock, since starting expert dungeons.

I am not a theorycrafter, but based on my personal observations it's not even close in terms of which spec will end up healing the most.

Soulwalker

Nice guide, sounds very goodto me. Have to confirm the point about "3 points in Raised in Nature".. without a boss charge could
    be deadly =). I also prefer Archon over Warlock, you only have to look what Archon and what Warlock gives to your group.

So what build you actually using?

i worry about the state of a forum where a thread like this gets the comment "nice guide".

first of all, good guides don't start with "stop whining".

specifically, you use nature's fury on cooldown in a heal-heavy fight macro. nature's fury suffers an 80% reduction in healing due to being an AoE spell. if healing matters it isn't a good spell to cast.
    0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RPKOlsen View Post
    Not sure if you've ever played archon, but with a chloro/archon build there are 4 buffs you can use out of combat. All 4 of them buff your group and debuff you.

In order to get a decent benefit from archon, you would need to cast the following:
    Pillaging stone X 5 separate casts
    A full channel of Rock slide..also consuming most of your charge
    Ashen Defense
    Crumbling resistance
    Searing vitality

This is assuming you're starting from scratch, afterwards you only need to use pillaging stone once before the 5 mins expires as well as one tick of rock slide, and then the 7 other buffs.
    you are forgetting a little mechanic that the game offers: duel
    just explain the problem to your teammates, ask for duel to someone, debuff him/buff yourself, break duel (range, wathever), heal the debuff and start the encounter.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonkirie View Post
    Chloro macro when the tank is in trouble OR it's a very heal heavy fight -

cast Nature's Fury (Remove if worried about pulling extra groups)
    cast Nature's Touch
    cast Ruin
    cast Corrosion (If you like standing in melee)
    cast Vile Spores
    Nature's Fury is not really good when the tank is trouble because it needs 4 targets to heal more than Vile Spores. It will NEVER heal more than Nature's Touch.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    you are forgetting a little mechanic that the game offers: duel
    just explain the problem to your teammates, ask for duel to someone, debuff him/buff yourself, break duel (range, wathever), heal the debuff and start the encounter.
    I always forget that... nice tip!

Can some of you post the actual builds your refrencing so we can see where your putting your skill points, it would help to those less familiar with the specs to understand

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimglow View Post
    Chloro/Archon is mostly a build that should be used in a situation where you outclass the current content. In that kind of a situation you can spare the GCDs to drop group temp buffs/more nukes.

But when you're in a situation where you're solo healing and every GCD is being used to keep someone alive you really can't possibly compete with chloro/warlock, especially when you properly use Entropic Veil and warlock excess charge.
    OTOH, I've had some success in t2s using a an archon/chloro build 51/15 as support spec with offhealing for our cleric. But there are definitely a few fights that need two true healers and I bust out the good old fashioned chloro/lock spec for those.

If you really outgear the content, you can even solo heal in this spec. (I have done it in some t1 fights.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast